Deathmage God Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bioxide, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Lol I wish...

But im on ur side, go death mage.

*gives deathmage handshake

Derium and nonaware like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Ill agree that i feel like very specific attack spells are taken in pvp for thier superiority over others due to balancing issues and death touch/ray and tap soul seem to be among them.

in pvp specifically, death, sun, life, moon are the second easiest to resist, and air, earth, and waterarr the most difficult to resist.

Atm tap soul is a godsend to death builds as it keeps focus AND damage high, and high damage equates to high heals. Resisting death should also be forcing the heals to diminish, leaving them dangerously succeptable to large crits.

The intent is for a death mage to sacrifice his life force to increase his power. And i feel if theres anybalance itll most likely be to increase near death damage and decrease non near-death dmg as thats the route theyve chosen before.

But there is currently a tier 2 spell with powerful death resist buff as well as a potion, and if those arent effective maybe thats what needs to be looked at first

3. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Mount them to the wall! they added that last patch you know.

Yes, eventually players will catch up to the higher players..to a point. Those higher players will always have more total skills, but its certain to reach a point where many of those aren't in skills that is used in that particular fight. But the higher levels ability to do damage in any one skill/tree won't be significantly higher. I don't need to tell you how flat the individual skill curve damage\increase gets for points invested.

The higher level player will probably be more flexible, but not appreciably better at doing any one thing.

Duke Avery likes this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

This

2112Starman likes this.
  5. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Eh, I've been using death magic since day1, just as a shadowknight more as a support\survival skill than as primary source of damage. Playing with it as a primary skill had been on the schedule to raise attunement and a few key skills for a few weeks after raising defensive skills. I'd much rather stick to the original plan and use it as a support skill..

I didn't change to earth back in august when I watched people solo the rise with it, I don't intend to go full mage now.

Brass Knuckles and Sara Dreygon like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The only difference between 1 and 100 in Celestial Blessing is the duration.

Stundorn likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Ranged was the skill tree du jour many moons ago, was nerfed hard and is about to get another nerf. Ranged cannot compete with the big damage dealers of today.

Stundorn and Brass Knuckles like this.
  8. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I'm certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer on this stuff but I gotta agree that death is OP. But wanna talk "balance"? I only have 1 GM, polearms; I use a Halb. With a couple jewelry items a devo buff and some food my dex is >100.

Last night I was wandering through Twins Foothills after leaving the mine. I got to the place where all the thugs and fighters congregate around the big rock and as I'd gotten all of their attention I swapped to my "mage deck". The funny thing was I forgot I had switched to Plate and didn't have the gear I would normally use with the magic stuff so I was standing there naked.. except for my cloak. I thought hmm this might be interesting... I killed the 10 or 11 hoomans just standing there and barely broke a sweat. My "mad skills" used were EQ lvl 80, CL lvl 70, Death Shield lvl 52 and death field lvl 43... oh ya i did cast CE lvl 64 once.. when only a couple were still standing. Mind you again.. I had NO armor on.
    Contrasting that with my Halb is just silly. To do the same thing with pole I'd have to run around. spend at least 4x the time and heal numerous times.

so ya.. I hope @Chris can work out some semblance of balance.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Stundorn, fonsvitae, Pinky2 and 3 others like this.
  9. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Anything ranged that ignores my defense (as piercing shot says it does and the crits I get vs NPCS seems to support) doesn't strike me as weak.

10. mass

mass Avatar

I've been meaning to say that death magic is essentially what keeps me alive long enough to kill something with my halberd. :D

If we get just one release with no death magic nerf and a polearm buff...wow, awesome.:p

Solazur likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you had used it then you would know that Piecing Shot is the weakest skill in the tree. If it bypassed avoidance and dodge then it might be worthwhile.

BTW, Stone Arrow also ignores armor and can do exponentially more damage.

Pinky2 likes this.
  12. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Melee damage output is pretty weak except some of the blade skills (and coup-de-grace is generally just overkill, and Ive been noticing it recently doing 0 damage at times when not used "at the right time".)

I GM'd the top of all 3 trees a long ago, but never really built up bludgeon and polearms waiting on them to get some love.

mass likes this.
  13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

aye, I havent taken mine above 60, also largely because I have figured the death nurf was gonna happen months ago so I didnt want to go to far with it (its just time)... but death keeps going on and on.

14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Piercing shot is crap... only good vrs heavy armor and aimed shot is better. Gm piercing shot with a +16.6 % skill on bow.

Pinky2, Duke Avery and Barugon like this.
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I recall you also being an air mage when it was uber :)

In fact, everyone was an air mage when it was uber, now you cant find one, they all all moved to death :)

Sara Dreygon and Brass Knuckles like this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

My point is less about death and more about ballance, forget pvp for a moment.

Do u think polearms or bludgeon can stand with death blow for blow?

I can assure u as a very high archer I cannot come even close.

My point has always been the other trees should be fun and viable as well.

Stundorn and Sara Dreygon like this.
  17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

All the uber people play death now.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Exactly.

19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I did ok when I was full bludge even though it sucked. The key is stun stun stun (actually knock down since stun is worthless with the exception of breaking a spell cast and anyone can jump out of it) but they kinda wrecked that when Chris put in code to make chain stuns less effective as you use them more on one target. That was the only thing I had. Main problem being that I was hitting them for 100 hp per skill and they could wack me for 300+ hp mage skills.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Stundorn and Brass Knuckles like this.
  20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I am preying its good in r 41. Several x gm in blugeon atm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.