Matching The Competitive.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBlight, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Since as soon as i posted the thread got closed.. I am going to re-ask my question here.

I think with the free testing for SOTA going out, it would be interesting to see what people think/know the actual numbers are at. And i am unsure of what the yield of crafting EXP per hour, or the ADV exp per hour one can gain at lower levels and with all the changes.

Im curious how long you think it would take for a new player, starting today. To get to a point they can compete with -
    A - The best crafters in the game ( Using the same materials, making a sword on par with what some of the crafters can do now) (This includes the time needed to level to the point of GATHERING said materials as well )
    100 Blacksmithing.. 100 Masterworking.. 50 specialized masterworking.
    100 Alchemy.. 100 enchanting

B - lets say.... @2112Starman in PVP. (ADV level 94 i think he said he is? ) Earth magic.
    C - Get to the point of Duo - ing the dragon/Phoenix/Daemon with someone of their Equal level.
    2 guys, w.e builds.. able to do all 3 with said characters ( if its 100 hours for the phoenix, but 100 different hours for the daemon, thats 200 total )

Just blatent hours put in to hit the point of doing these 2 things, with and also without assistance.

I'd love some people with some realistic insight on these questions!

EDIT - BONUSE POINTS- if you run the numbers as a SOLO player for the examples, and agian with assistance.
    2nd edit!!! - This is not a discussion over *Why would you want to compete! Play solo! *
    This is purely for what you think the numbers are.

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'm not going to make it, until I can catch @2112Starman or someone like @Jackdepirate mobbed while in a much larger battle than a few dueling them.

Until then o_O... but that's the way it's always been ;)!'
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:D

Chatele, discipleofweb and Stundorn like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I dont have the insight and i want to forget playstyle about this, but lets say what i've read in the Forums about people, i would guess it's around 2000hrs
    It's based of my memory of what people wrote and 6 Month (180d) and 12hrs / day playing.

Just a guess.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Playing since persistence here, took December off and occasionally have weekend hiatus where I play other stuff but for the most part, here daily. Steam says I have 2875 hours. I'm more heavily invested in crafting, though, so I'm way beyond your criteria there but about on par in adventure level and boss killability.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

This is my opinion. I think it will depend on whether a new player comes in contact with good people who help them learn the ins and outs of the game. Folks who will help with housing, gear, deck and skill building and such. Also if they choose to join in community or not. There are some who wont but many will join up with a guild or group of people who gladly show them the ropes. Offer insight and answer questions. And I am not talking about the Hospitality staff. I am talkiung about regular people out there they meet or see and stop and ask questions. For the past two weeks I have been helping returning players...folks who started and then quit cause the game wasnt far enough along to enjoy. They came back recently and myself and a couple members of our town have spent many hours taking them around to low level scenes. Answering their questions and generally give them a foot up into the world so they can have fun.
    Its mind numbing to try and figure things out when you have no clue what you are supposed to do. Dont just tell them to go to the starter scene....cause frankly that isnt very intuitive. They need better direction.
    The last few days i have seen a dozen or more "visitors" running about and a few have stopped me and asked questions. Gladly i answered them and they were thankful for my help.
    I would say that as a community we need to reach out to the "visitors" and offer assistance.....not giveaways of gear and gold ...but information....this alone will cement whether they wish to come in full time and not just for free.

On the other hand i think alot of the free trial players are old players coming in to test the state of play fresh from the beginning without having to harm their main avatar
    Just my insight on this

6. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

This is my crafting experience:
    I´ve been only crafting since february, all by myself mining for 6 hours a day with 2 accounts, now i have:

Main char:
    100 alchemy - 100 enchant - 91 weapon enchant - 53 armor enchant

104 carpentry - 76 carpentry masterwork - 53 bludgeon masterwork - 28 ranged masterwork

104 blacksmith - 63 blacksmith masterowork - 43 chainmail masterwork

Alt char:

102 tailoring - 63 tailor master - 43 cloth masterwork

For this i spent about 40k gold ore and 14k silver ore.... i still have about 7k gold and 4k silver ores in stock.

500hours of gathering/producing gameplay, now i can craft good items specially wands with 26 att and high status.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Well, 100% of my xp has been done the old fashioned way, solo farming. Exactly like I did last night.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/143635808

I just hit adv lvl 95 and producer lvl 68.

This has taken me around 450 in game hours. I usually make about 300K xp an hour

I am probably the best example there is of the in game progress of a newer player right now who would not have access to excessive dev bugs which people were using to acquire up to 1 million xp an hour. Im also not a death mage so I am more limited in farming even things in game now that can get death mages 500K+ xp an hour (like the KRUL monkey room).

Advice to newer people, you want to excel at PvE and XP grinding, you should play a death mage like everyone else. you will have far more grinding sustainability on the harder grind spots being able to pump that mana and focus as well for the mean while at least having the bugged corpse explosion.

On the good side, with the ability to use the harp of invigoration like you see me doing in the video above, I am farm more sustainable in larger battles (aka, dont run out of focus).

Wintermute of CoF and Time Lord like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

2112Starman likes this.
  9. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

i got 685 hours on Steam. I slack often, talk to other people while having a drink and staring at a wall somewhere. I roam around looking for... cheap stuff on vendors (which isn't easy i might add), go AFK cause i got to post on the forums and read all the oh so interesting stuff like this post :) ..and spend hours in releases before it didn't wipe.

i'm level 94 :)

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Seems i must have been stared at walls too much :p

900+ hrs level 70 and nothing worth to mention about producing.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.