Wouldn't it be cool if...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elgarion, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Bug Hunter

Wouldn't it be cool if there were "pilgrim" trinkets (think tourist) that we could buy from Town Criers in all mayor cities. (That way we could display where we have been).

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Wouldn't it be cool if you purchased the audio book version of the Sword of Midras, it included a coupon code that you could utilize for permanently attaching the audio version of the book as playable from the various audio devices in game?

amarious, Mortanius, gtesser and 5 others like this.
  3. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Wouldn't it be cool if resources would decay? Imagine if you hoarded a bunch of pristine heads and stored them in a chest. You come back some time later and they have gone rotten and/or become useless because they sat there for too long.

4. Elgarion

Really like this one. OR perhaps, make each town have a hidden trinket in the environment. Finding the trinket is part of the challenge, and taking it would not negatively effect virtue ;) This could EASILY tie into the achievement system. "Discovered Ardoris Trinket!"

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  5. Elgarion

I love this idea... they've mentioned this possibility back in early design but I believe they fear most that it will affect stacking of resources (cannot stack items that are in a different state of decay) and the increase to the database for tracking all these differences. There's got to be an easier way to do it to have the same basic effect we want. Perhaps in the least, the super valuable resources, make them unstackable, decay separately, which will preserve the value for the economy for these highly valuable resources. I really really want this too, and I sadly look at my stockpile of resources willing to commit to it lol.

Stundorn likes this.
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Wouldn't it be cool if...

the decks window were sizeable to have more decks show at once and you can faster select.

Or even better: decks could get shortcuts like CTRL+1-9

it wouldnt rain or snow in houses. (especially Lord Founder Town Home *could*)

if ressource nodes can be shared within groups or have more output for groups in FMO.

amarious and Elgarion like this.
  7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Wouldnt it be cool

If we have a dance, emotes, social Hub Feature what gives you long duration buffs like it was in SWG or actually is in the Repopulation?

if Elgarion hasn't setup this thread, because now i have more Ideas than time to post them :p

@Elagarion cool Ideas, cool Thread, cool to have you around :cool:

8. Spoon

Spoon Bug Hunter

Wouldn't it be cool if Lord British held 'court' in character in game for 30 min every telethon? Where grievances has to be sent in in advance so that Berek could select suitable ones.

Astirian, amarious, Xee and 12 others like this.
  9. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'm not going to pretend that this would be anything other than very difficult, but wouldn't it be cool if there was sort of a "Community Toolkit" that basically had a bunch of mechanisms available.

Someone else was talking about "Capture the flag", so basically a flag mechanism. Or a drinking competition mechanism. Maybe these are locked into POTs for balance sake, but just a bunch of little tools for different activities.

Braunfelt2, Roxanne, Ancev and 5 others like this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Bug Hunter

Wouldn't it be cool if one could buy a "gold bar" in banks for 25 000 g? These bars could be used as deco or just to store/trade gold. Plus they could also be part of the oracles price in PvP.

Braunfelt2, froji, Ancev and 7 others like this.
  11. Elgarion

Thanks @Stundorn, and likewise, my friend! I like the idea of shared resource nodes. Imagine too, special notes with REALLLLLLY long harvesting timers, and the more people in your group who jump in to harvest the item causes the timer to speed up a little bit with each person added. And of course, there's mob spawners nearby that require you to also fight off the mobs (dedicated people in your group) so your harvest progress is not interrupted ;)

Ahhhh, like a Gustball fits in this category. Basically little items that can turn into various mini-games, likely limited to the imagination of the users as to how they use them for their event. Imagine all the games that require a ball to play. New set of rules, a new game! A new item that has different mechanics definitely would open up the range of additional mini-games we can devise. Great idea!

12. Elgarion

Lord British RP events would rock! "My liege, EVL has transgressed upon my lands, and I seek compensation for their wrong doing!" Hahaa, could be super fun to come up with grievance storylines where LB's decision decides the fate of the story and how people will behave in RP thereafter. Lovely idea :)

13. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

No one recognized it...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...namic-scene-level-and-group-harvesting.98268/

Elgarion likes this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon Bug Hunter

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a
    /givetip NNN
    feature, that would send a tip to that person?
    Then we could tip bards or performers right there and then.
    Where if we don't specify it is 10g. But that one could use 1-500
    /givetip NNN, 1
    /givetip NNN, 500

15. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I'd like to have gold be a real item with weight. I'd also like to see various denominations of coins other than just gold: silver and copper. (wouldn't it be better if an apple cost 5 coppers, rather 5 gold?)

16. Spoon

Spoon Bug Hunter

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a CTRL+SHIFT <Pile> drag to the Vendor>Manage Stock UI which gave a prompt with
    STOCK THIS VENDOR WITH
    #NumberOfEntries
    #ItemsPerEntry
    #PricePerEntry
    Then it would take that from the pile until either A) completed B)Vendor full C) pile_count < ItemsPerEntry

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

since they're already tying our cloaks to the back of our legs anyway, wouldn't a wingsuit cloak be cool?

18. oplek

oplek Avatar

I wouldn't mind if we could create gold piles, like we loot off corpses.

19. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Wouldn't it be cool if we could put teachable recipes on paper and

• Sell on vendors
    • Send via mail

20. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Wouldn't it be cool if the recipe book was searchable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.