Buy a house

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jayare, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayare

Jayare Avatar

Hi,
    can i buy a deed and house ingame?
    Free Plots available?
    Where?
    Price?

Thanks for answers ;)

2. Metalocalypze

Metalocalypze Avatar

There are housing merchants in most banks on the second floor selling house deeds and basements and decorations.

Actual land deeds cant be purchased in game except from player vendors or off the forum market place but there is a Lottery each month you can buy tickets for to hopefully win one.

And Land plots are free in game if unclaimed

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

No. Not from NPC merchants.
    However there are player vendors selling taxed deeds for in-game-gold, usually at a really high prices.
    What I'd advice here is rather to ask in the Player Marketplace here in the forums where you'd get the same deeds cheaper.

You can both craft and buy houses in game. Also note that you can place a smaller size house on a larger sized lot - for instance a row house on a village lot.

The housing merchants are usually on the second floor of Novian bank buildings. They also sells basements (remember to buy a hatch as well).
    There are a couple of different ones.

The housing merchants also sell Raffle tickets where the winners are drawn each month. Each raffle gives out about 10 deeds per month of varying sizes. Here is the current details.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...raffle-winners-and-r48-raffle-details.104342/

For the crafted ones you need to first buy a recipe which usually can be found on the carpenters in larger cities.
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Special:Search?search=recipe+home&go=Go

Plenty of those. It is only the most popular locations that are taken.
    Just talk to the Town Criers.
    Also you can hold down the "p" key and available lot signs will light up a beacon to guide you.

Check out the marketplace first to get an idea:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/player-marketplace.73/

Also if you want to test out housing before making any commitment and decisions etc then please feel free to PM me.

4. Jayare

Jayare Avatar

Unclaimed Land means i can build a house on it? there are still unclaimed land ingame?

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

There are pre configured Spots for housing in NPC Cities or player owned towns ( PoT) with different sizes.
    Row, Village, Town, City, Keep, Castle.
    You need to find one what is free.

The favoured NPC Cities have nothing free (or you need much luck if a house expires and nobody knows it), in the marketplace people also sell only Spots in Cities.
    But there are NPC Cities what still have free lots.

Important there are place anywhere lot Deeds and PoT only lot Deeds.
    Also water lot Deeds.
    Anywhere is anywhere, sometimes including water lots ( depend on pledgelevel) and PoT only lot Deeds are only to claim Land in a PoT.
    There you need to contact the Owner/ Gouverneur

Edit: a row lot deed comes with the Standard house, you need not buy a row house if you are satisfied with the tandard row house. Just claim the lot and use the house. If you choose a buyed house you cannot go back to the Standard and need to keep the chosen house or buy another.

It may be interesting what purpose your house is for.
    If you only want storage, take a rowlot with Standard house.

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

You cannot claim land without a deed. You cannot put a house on unclaimed land.

There are three parts to housing.

You need a piece of unclaimed land. (These are easy to find outside the popular zones).
    You need a Deed to claim the land. (These are expensive).
    After you have claimed land with the Deed you can build/swap house on that land. (Houses are usually relatively cheap).

Where when you claim a Row lot with a deed they come with a default house - while Village+ come as empty plot of land when claimed but you can put a house on them.

Astor Cerberus likes this.
  7. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I don't see these specifically mentioned.

Along with the 3 parts Spoon mentioned, there is the basement part as well.

And with the house, and basement, they can be placed on larger lots, but they can't be placed on smaller lots. So, a row house and basement can be placed anywhere on any lot, but you can't place a village house or basement on a row lot. Maybe you found a really good deal on a smaller house, or maybe you just want a smaller house on the lot with more land for decorations. Options!

Smallest to largest:
    Lot < Village < Town < City < Keep < Castle

8. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Alternatively...

If you don't have a deed or a home, you can always stay at a player owned Inn or you can join a guild that has enough land and homes that it's members live relatively comfortable... :)

9. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

10. Jayare

Jayare Avatar

Thanks for all answers

Numa and Kabalyero like this.
  11. 3devious

3devious Avatar

People get heartburn about housing but folks fail to realize that it behooves us to offer free housing. If decorating is not your thing, offering someone the use of a container is the only operational benefit I see to housing.

12. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

If you can't get or find or afford a Deed, and are unable to get land... you can always rent a room at a player run Inn. Many inns allow you to decorate your room, give you access to a mailbox, and a vendor. Some inns even provide furniture/containers/lights so you don't start with an empty room.

Numa likes this.
  13. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Hi @Jayare, and thanks for the summon @Kabalyero

Knight's Watch has available row and village houses right now at no cost at all. They're on tax-free lots and I do not charge rent. You'll get full tenant rights so your stuff is secure (ie. I can't steal it). Feel free to check us out in game or talk to me ro one of our residents here on discord: https://discord.gg/HGFcHnm

Astor

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello and welcome to Sota. Ability to purchase and receive land deeds may be costly in this game since land became through the development period of this game a main feature that has funded most of the development of this game imo with Decorations and now patterns and some armor and clothing coming in next especially 'before steam' when we had payment plans to acquire land deed level pledges which have now expired to be replaced with bundles on the homepage add on store of this website. For Steam I don't play this game through Steam and I'm not sure how that page looks in regards to Steam and purchases.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60538

As seen on the link The smallest land deed bundle would cost $275 U.S dollars being a row size which as mentioned always has a default house on it and never just land showing. Just click on the tabs to see the various styles of bundles such as 'Kobold', 'Viking', etc. Many player owned towns remember you don't have to interact with the owner of the town once you have acquired a land deed just click on the stone or sign to claim and off you go. If you join a guild many towns are guild towns but not limited to guild members. Some towns are role-playing towns and really we should have a list of player owned towns for those looking to live in one. Since we now have renting which can be found in NPC (story related towns), PRT (no story towns), and player owned towns.

IMO to lessen the fear of player owned towns it is what it is and portalarium has worked hard to give security to those renting from landlords that their placed items in the Inns stay their items and would return to the bank. Player owned towns can offer many amenities for a player and don't hesitate to talk it out with other players when deciding what route you are going. Financially it may or may not be possible or feasible to purchase real cash land deeds in this house or it may be. That would be your choice. Also if you talk to those players who have joined a player owned town, my opinion is that you would be surprised at the hearty welcomes you receive and the ability if desired to just do your own thing.

Personally I am steward level (which gives me the ability to move lot markers, place lot markers, and decorate the town also). Most player owned towns love players coming to them. It provides a lived-In atmosphere and the opportunities are almost unlimited as to the themes you can create within a town. In many towns you just join the town and never talk to or interact with the town owner ;). There are a couple of people in Wizards Rest that came to town and I have not spoken to which is perfectly fine. I do try to send a whisper or in game mail message to them though. And in game mail is a new system as well.

All lots in the player owned town I live in are claimable without owner interaction. We have 2 Inns so far in this town and while I would love if someone could just talk to the Town Vendor or something to get a room it is at this time not an option, but of course we are still in development and renting is a new feature still being enhanced as we go forward.

-Amenities from player owned towns are varied but many of them include a lot.

A few of which are: Convenience to services such as; An Oracle building (which when talking to the oracle and choosing the 'test' option gives 500 gold and xp everyday to players), Crafting Pavilion sometimes with +5 to crafting proficiency tables, banks, town criers, pvp arena basements, some offer use of commission free vendors, Devotional Shrines (give 9 hour buffs and you can have 2 at one time), Some offer new player housing free to use, and some offer free rentals to any to use to get their bearings in this new world.

BTW I am speaking for player owned towns which are the lot deed types you would win in a lottery. These deeds are taxed such as row-500 gold a day, village-1000 a day etc and must be placed in player owned towns.

Living in a player INN or free housing is a good way to save up for the future, or perhaps you don't care to have land but would like the ability to have many chests to organize your things and just have your own little private space. (you can name your chest while holding them in your inventory and right clicking them btw).

Some offer a community chest to help each other out. Some towns are role-playing towns, guild towns, themed towns, hold events, are vendor based towns like a shopping mall, etc. It depends on your personal preference which type of town you like to live in.

The ability to move from town to town is an option to see how you like living there. Staying in someones Inn or someones free housing is a way to have a recall bind place and a place to call home while you figure it out. In most towns you live in you should be able to do your own thing if that is what you like or if you are bashful at first. (also you can only have one bind place in this game, but you can use your friends list as teleports to areas of the game atm).

So anyway that is some information for you. Sorry it is long to read but coming into this game is not all of what it may seem at first. There are systems you don't see at first look like the music system which allows you play music without acquiring a skill to play it. You can also sync music with other players to play together or play different parts of a song. You can hold any type of event you like from charity events to fashion events and even pvp events. You could for example as I did hold an event called "Name that Tune". Now that was a while ago that my guild did that and we do have better tools now to make something like that ;). It was more difficult way then ;).

The things that are still coming to this game are so exciting as well. Such as a mount system and my personal desire for this is to allow us to race our horses with other players or hold a horse racing event, be able to train our horses and tame our horses. Also boating is still coming, and we will get treasure hunting. The systems we do have such as fishing and agriculture are pretty bare at the moment but will be further enhanced after release of this game, and most things this will be ongoing as we go forward.

ok ok i"m off a little off topic here oops, but really these are things you can do in your homes or towns ;). So Take care and *cheers* and welcome and again if I can help please contact me. :)

3devious, Luca Xante and Kabalyero like this.
  15. Jayare

Jayare Avatar

thank you for the statement!
    any town owned by germans with free house for me?
    no hardcore roleplay plz... i love roleplay but not all the time...

majoria70 likes this.
  16. Nick

Nick Avatar

There's free room in Soryn Fields, south of Resolute. There's space to farm too. There's a german guild house. Town is designed by german too if that helps. :)
    Owner's not german though.

Let me know if you are interested.

17. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Kabalyero likes this.
  18. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

If your looking for a place to put a vendor Row lot deeds aren’t horribly expensive and until you can get a deed of your own there are plenty of player run Inns in the game now who would probably offer you a free room to store items in and decorate. As for space, there’s plenty. If you get a ‘Place Anywhere Lot Deed’ I suggest Celestis for the scenery. :)

19. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Talk to @Xee in game - he has a lotto and some other stuff going on :)

Xee likes this.
  20. Jayare

Jayare Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.