State of the Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tahru, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

ahhh well you should come in and test the waters out. It depends on what you like to do. I just logged out for a little while, but I was puttering, planting some seeds. I didn't go do any gathering or hunting. I was just chatting with a few people as they came on line. I live in Wizards Rest. If you are just into combat perhaps you could wait, but I think the game is coming along. I met a couple of new people in game. I am Majoria if I can ever help. :)

King Robert likes this.
  2. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

I would have to seriously disagree with this assessment... the game has definitely 'moved' a TON more then an inch in the past year.

There are still issues being worked on, and it will be constantly evolving throughout it's life - but I just played back through the main quest line with minimal issues and rather enjoyed it.

As long as Portalarium stays focused I believe we will see a lot more entertainment come out of them with this title.

And as far as the RMT (P2W) bus... that's just a dead horse... people who play the game know those things are accessories and cosmetic items.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  3. Daemonis

Daemonis Avatar

So far from what I have seen the game has come a long way. The community has been great and the game has a lot to offer. Sure seems to be a lot of hate though. I like the classless system, the new heraldry is awesome, I like the quests from what I have played and even the offline game can be fun. Every release has new things to try out and it's exciting.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  4. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

State of the Game?
    Same as last year.

rustypup likes this.
  5. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

To answer OP directly: Fun, social game that offers a great deal of individuality. But that performance tho.... damn.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yikes This is really an old thread anyway. And this is a totally crowd funded game so of course we will see the packages to support the development of the game. Don't buy or spend if you can't or don't want to. Spending more is totally optional after buying this game. Most items are going in game now to purchase with cotos which are drops and are also something that can be bought with in-game gold. After this month you won't see items on the add-on store to buy. RMT is optional as is playing a game that is crowdfunded. That part is not going away. It is totally funny how we each view something right? Because I love the telethons and have a lot of rares for my $5 a month and I want this game to continue to be successful and I want the developers paid and the game to go on for a long time. I want to see more features I am looking forward to coming in the future because the funding is there.

Things such as the boating system, treasure hunting, mount system, and so much more and if that makes me whatever names some call players who are happy to be here and happy to hang in there while this game goes forward and as this team develops the game more and more then so be it let people call me and names for being here and finding some great times in the midst. It is just an opinion either way someone feels about the game and the enjoyment or lack of they have.

I cannot tell you the pleasure I get from this game and do I feel we need things and are still missing things well of course I see those too even tho it may differ for me verses someone else. Luckily we have a Dev team that puts up with all the voices that cry fowl and try to hear things that help them to come into work each day since 2013. On top of that they get to deal with a zillion things and try to feel good about what they are doing for us. I do hope they can hear those voices that support them too because I also complain sometimes also but we are building something special here I know. I do also try to be constructive too and I think this game one day will stand above in the things we are trying to do here when all the pieces pull together. The devs are working so hard for us in spite of all they have to hear and I am extremely happy about that.

This song is a little off tune but still a most fantastic day for me in SOTA.
    Sorry for the commercial on twitch and the bear is not dancing in this song but he was in the other songs we played. ;)
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/250106746

edited to make more sense *crosses fingers*. It was a bit late when I wrote it

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  7. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

While I love your enthusiasm Majoria, for new users I doubt they are as patient or optimistic. I came back and am still playing this, hell even joined a large guild again, but for people out of the loop or non backers it's more a case of what happens release to release and actions vs promises.

A lot of what you mentioned in here is planned for Ep 2 iirc, and hell some of the things I've been waiting on like brewing and more fishing revisions are still not in yet.

I think the best way to put the state of the game is Ep 1 is nowhere near done, and a lot of things people want are planned in Ep 2, just to be honest with players. People have done the trial and been retained and enjoying the game. I was doubtful the last telethon would hit its goal in spite of tossing cash in it, was proven wrong.

This game is niche and should be presented as such and in active development. Rather than constantly saying it's coming in a future release or Ep 2, we should sell it for what it currently is, flaws and all.

3devious likes this.
  8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

• Looking for Group: A tool to help players find a group to adventure with will appear in the game. (Due to arrive in 11 days)
      • Crafting & Economy: We will add more loot to the game like Worn Armor (to complement the Rusty Weapons) on humanoids. We will also introduce the system where player crafted gear sold to merchants will start appearing as loot in the game. Finally, in Offline Mode the drop rates for rare items like artifacts and rare components will be greatly increased. (due to arrive in 11 days)

• Crafting & Economy: The crafting system will expand to include the ability to brewing alcoholic beverages. We will also continue to expand the amount of loot in-game with more patterns, recipes, and gear as well as a large amount of decorations as loot. (due at the end of May)

• Combat: Chaos magic will be expanded with new spells and better balanced against the other schools of magic. (Due at the end of May)

• Castle Defense Scenarios: New scenes will be created similar to our control points where groups of players can fight over control of a fortress in order to gain temporary ownership and therefore gain benefits from that ownership like access to special areas, merchants, and quest givers. Work on this system will also help improve the existing control points. (due at the end of June)

^ some of the big thigns people been waiting on due to arrive int he next couple of months.

This thread is a year old, and the necro post is inaccurate

majoria70 likes this.
  9. rustypup

rustypup Avatar

All future improvements not there at release which should have been. Does "release" no longer equate to "complete"?

Had to necro because I stepped away for a year and the same things which were broken/missing a year ago, the things which drove me away, are still broken/missing.

Respectfully agree to disagree.

Tirello and 3devious like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

This game will never be complete. They told us they will keep developing it . Release after release on the last Thursday of every month expect to get new content, new items, new features and performance and bug fixes. Then approx every 18 months we will get episodes but don't quote me on that amount of time since they are not sure of how long between episodes yet. ;)

Fei Akhart likes this.
  11. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

I'm not sure if this is the first game you've played at release, but it isn't my first - this also isn't the first game I've played at release which wasn't "complete". I was rather fond of SWG, and I can't even begin to list all the problems it had at release.

Regardless, I am sorry you aren't happy with the game... and I hope you find one that you enjoy.

Lord-Galiwyn and Elwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.