Crowns of Obsidian mysteriously vanished from inventory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hawkwind_AtlanticUO, Mar 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkwind_AtlanticUO

Hawkwind_AtlanticUO Avatar

Had been saving them for a while, was supposed to get a free one for filling out a survey, went to find it and noticed that I now have none. Few days prior to launch and this is a pretty rage-quit type scenario. What gives?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Your sentance structure mixes between past and future tense. "was supposed to get" and "now I have none"
    So a small "just in case" here - apologies if this is not the case.
    But by those statements then it sounds like you have not gone to a Bank and pushed the "Claim" button. If you have not, then please do and any outstanding rewards will be in the bank.

4. The Girl On Fire

The Girl On Fire Avatar

I had four in my inventory as well that appeared to have just up and disappeared

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You should bug report missing items so the devs can find them for you. No need to accept that they are gone. Cotos are very valuable in this game. I want each and everyone I get.

6. Numa

Numa Avatar

Please note that if you bought the COTOS with ingame gold from a player NPC vendor ingame or got the COTOS from a mob *and* if you were flagged for PvP then it's possible these were pickpocketed. Both conditions have to be true though for this scenario to apply.

Keep COTOS in the bank as much as possible - don't carry them around needlessly.

At any rate it's still a good idea to write to Portalarium support.

Nelzie and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

There are no NPC vendors that sell COTOs, so that's right out. If you see a "Value" that isn't zero and they don't stack with the others, they're drops and pickpocket-able if you flag for PvP. But there are seven kinds of them, and most are not gold. You're supposed to be able to trade them to an NPC 2-for-1 for any other kind, so that might also get you a steal-able coin, but that's just speculation.

99%+ likely any gold COTO is not steal-able.

8. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

This is a subject I dare not broach! As a guy with lots of stuff in my bank I have seen many things disappear over time. Problem is that I don't know for sure it is happening due to a bank delete issue that no one knows about or some other way stuff has disappeared. I don't do much PVP so theft is unlikely unless there has been bugs in the system during the early days of release for pickpocketing. My stretch goals are the most obvious to me. When I had my pot I had a big farm with multiple foals, donkeys saddles, green greenhouses (12) anchors, admirals outfits, and the first Elven homes we had. All of that stuff or almost all of it is gone! Where I am not sure so, maybe I sold some, I just hope and pray that it is not due to some technical issue. My memory is not the best, so I do not have an accusation or issue here. Just a mystery. Until I see something definitive.

9. Numa

Numa Avatar

Hi Elwin, I used the term player NPC vendors to mean player vendors such as those found in Brittany Alleys who happen to sell COTOS. Apologies for the misuse of the term.

10. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

I suspect there's a problem with the recent release involving any rewards or store items that hasn't happened to enough people to cause anyone to really notice yet. I had 3 lights from my rewards in my inventory for literally one day (claimed them and removed them from my bank the day before the big release). The day of the release, they're gone. Put in a ticket but no actual response and an indication that it may be two weeks before anyone looks at it any way. I suspect that without any actual escalation, it will be forgotten, glossed over or just ignored.

Numa likes this.
  11. Numa

Numa Avatar

It will probably take a bit more time but support will get to it, no worries. Remind them with a follow up email in two days or so.

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Things i have done to mysteriously lose cotos:
    Accidently double clicked major repair recipe

Accidently payed taxes

Nelzie, CatherineRose and Elwyn like this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Folks, don't walk around with COTOs in your pocket unless you're planning to do something with them. Don't even store them in a box on your property. Just keep them in your main bank location.

This message is a public service of the Obsidian Underworld Coin Hoarders.

14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Are you married. Because that happens to my money all the time after I got married.

(Sorry, could not resist)

15. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

The bank is the worst place you want to put your gold coins! They take your gold, pay you know interest, the guards bump into you all the time and they say rudes things to you like grrrrr. grrrrr. then they slam the door in your face! Plus we are not even sure that it is 100% safe to keep it in there from the looks of this discussion. grrrrrrr grrrrrrrr

16. Hawkwind_AtlanticUO

Hawkwind_AtlanticUO Avatar

Thanks for the replies everybody. It may be embarrassing to admit that I found them inside a container lol. All is well, nothing to see here ;).

Barugon, Nikko, Elwyn and 1 other person like this.
  17. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

At least he's honest!

18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Been there... done that.

Hate it when I accidentally drop all my arrows in a chest, get deep into the Rise and realize I only have like 50 on me and gotta go back and look through all my stuff to figure out where I accidentally dropped them.

To the others claiming loss, I have had hundreds of thousands of things go through my hands in this game and never had anything disappear. I also have never seen anyone post a loss here, ever in the past 3 years. I once thought I lost something, it turns out I bought it on my alt and forgot my alt had it. I hope this isn't the usual social engineer conspiracy attack of the day.

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.