1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Pattern Removers: Coming in R54

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

but only if I pay $25 to unlock and re-submit my image, though, right?

If that’s the case, no thanks. No more contributions from me. I was willing to keep pledging a little each telethon. I consider those my monthly subscription to keep an unconventional game alive that I enjoy. This just leaves me soured.

Baratan likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

The two complimentary heraldry unlock vouchers are so you don't have to pay the're on the Add-On tab of the account page.

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

I see those under add-ons but I don’t understand how these allow me to upload a new image in the accounts page... they seem to be in the area of items I would claim in-game. I can’t apply anything as a credit to the store when purchasing a “Heraldry unlock voucher” - which as I undertsand it - is the only way I can resubmit my image file.

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

remember Heraldry and Patterns are actually two very different things. Sure they use patterns to apply heraldry but these pattern removes are more for other items.

Heraldry falls into a category all by itself and once you have submitted you Heraldry it is locked. You get patterns, a few eternal and there are supposed to be a bunch of regular ones.

Pattern removers are only really for eternal patterns of items, and this is not really for heraldry but being used in same conversation

6. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

I have to pay first and then try to claim it back by emailing support? Good grief can this be anymore complicated?

Chatele likes this.
  7. Lained

Lained Avatar

No, just email support, simple.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  8. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

Clearly not or I would have been able to figure it it from their instructions. Once again I am relying on player feedback.

Thank you Lained for the clarifications. If my account page said on it that I already had vouchers in my add-ons tab - or if the initial process had been fully developed and tested with users before launch, I would not have had to ask in here or get so frustrated in a game I truly want to love. Hopefully this thread will help others figure it out before they end up feeling like I do.

Chatele likes this.
  9. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

Applying an eternal pattern to an item with another eternal patter on it gives you the pattern back?

So with 2 eternal patterns I could swap between them multiple times on one item and not lose them?

Chatele likes this.
  10. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Except for the banners, which is why in the OP he mentioned they will be providing complementary ones to address the heraldry/banners.

Chatele likes this.
  11. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Yes. You can swap them without losing them. You don't lose eternal patterns, period; so using our amazingly evolved homo sapien brains, the answer is quite clear; swapping between two eternal patterns will not result in the loss of either of them.

If reason/a logical conclusion isn't enough evidence, I've done it. It works. I swap between two bow patterns regularly.

Chatele likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It wasn't in the OP when I posted that.

13. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I know it is a little bit offtopic but what happens if i enchant something with an ethernal pattern on it and it breaks (not tested so faar for obvious reasons)

14. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

This happened to me too. You can salvage the item to reclaim the eternal pattern. Again, this only applies to eternal patterns.

15. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

So do you recclaim the ethernal pattern after an failed enchant or is it destroyed with the item?

16. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

Not really as obvious as you make it sound to be honest.

It might be eternal as long as you salvage it yeah but if you apply another pattern over the top of it, it actually seems pretty logical that it would destroy the previous pattern to me.

Hence we are reading a thread about the creation of an item that removes patterns from items.

A normal pattern is destroyed if you salvage the item. The eternal is not. To presume this would happen in another instance is not obvious. In fact I wouldn't even have known you could apply a pattern over a pattern at all because I sure as hell wouldn't have tried it and risked losing something irreplacable.

Thanks for your input though.

17. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

You
    Always
    Get
    Your
    Eternal Patterns
    Back
    [​IMG]

Rentier and Chatele like this.
  18. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Sorry for nagging but the one i am thinking about I will not get replaced, so kinda... protective about it....

19. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

That's truly some amazing backflips in logic, but ok.

20. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

As you do not have pattern removers yet, for people like myself which have already did the Redo once. We will also be getting one of the complementary pattern removers or will we have to pay for one. I have a couple of banners already waiting to get fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.