Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Serpent's Spine - Rockslides

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Steevodeevo, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi folks, there are a number of rockslide traps in Serpent's Spine, that are insta death. They are almost impossible to spot and no actual rockslide occurs. You just take one or two hits out of the blue then die.

It's not necessarily a bug as such, but I suspect it could be categorised that way as its lethal and grossly overpowered and unfair as far as I can see. It is certainly a blocker in my view as I have pretty much ruled out mining in Serpent's spine for now.

I have searched posts for this and there are one or two in forums such as world building, but worryingly they are quite old and nothing seems yet to have been taken on board by the Devs in so far that something needs to be fixed..

2. Kalas Yonhammer

Kalas Yonhammer Avatar

There are actually indicators to where the rockslides are going to happen but I don't know how to make that "Spoiler" button and so I can't say what they are.

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Yes I believe there may be. Mainly my white death markers :)

I'm sure you are right, there are one or two clues I sort of noticed afterwards (after I died) when I knew where the falls were. I tried to navigate via these clues but my light pool proved insufficient to illuminate them before I encountered them. My death markers served thereafter in the brief time I stayed.

To be honest, unless I'm missing something, as far as minerals go its a poor mine as it's also protracted to navigate. From my perspective it's not worth the effort which is a shame as is fairly uncommon in having a combination of 2 ores not often found together both of which I value, but again, not in great quantities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.