Name something you miss or are looking forward to....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charlesscott1103, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I miss the little Ultimaesque curiosities that make me go "wow, how did they think if that? Or, wow, that is so cool i cant beleive there is so much freedom".

Theatrics/drama/tension/humour: as in Filbericos feast before the Avatar is teleported to Firedoom mountain for the Fridigazi fling (or however it went, its been 20 years since i saw it).

Vast isolating expanses of untramnelled monster infested wilderness, rivers,valleys, seas, etc. U6+7

Melodius tuneful catchy music: as in Compassion shrine/U7

The feelings of hopelessness and fear of being stranded in the Underworld (the lowest depths of which i feel should have no human inhabitants). Shrouds caverns look like a Disneyland ride. Not intimidating at all. Sadly Underworld ascension hasvgone the same route, incandescent fungi, safe rounded shapes as opposed to cold squared/sharp edges.

The ability to cast any spell/use any ability at any time to uncover the extroardinary.

I dont know how Garriott sold the Ultima ip. It is the same as selling ones children. I couldnt have done it.

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yep, that pretty much sums up Ultima 7 for me. I was completely blown away with its non-linear, interact with everything, explore anywhere and fight anyone style. I wish SotA had more subtle little bits of lore for us to explore and discover. Nothing makes me happier than finding a random book or scroll and reading the contents within. Whisks me back to finding Gwennos note to Iolo about heading to Serpents Isle! :D

Rada Torment, Jaesun and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  3. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

More character slots please!

Take my money, Port!

Why don't you want to take my money?!

4. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

Quests and stuff to discover: too many scenes feel empty

majoria70 likes this.
  5. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

I like fishing, and I like taming.:p

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

TOP-3 list
    1) The Sir/Dame title in Gold colored font pledge reward for all Royal Founder Knight+ backers.
    2) The “Death by Fire” animation: "Now if killed by flame spells, or standing a little too close to the campfire for too long, your avatar will flail desperately to put out the flames before collapsing to the ground".
    3) The polished and up-to-date inventory icon for the Tomato.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.