Is offline-mode easier to get through the story?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gravidy, Jun 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

I'm finding the online game far too difficult to progress through the story. I just got sent from Ardoris to the Tower of the Shuttered Eye and got my butt kicked. I'm curious if the offline mode would be an easier time? I don't care for any of the combat, I just want to explore through the story and quests. However, I find myself pretty much blocked by combat that is far too difficult.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Yes it is. The difficulty is halved, its easier to gather for crafting, make money, and find artis

3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

There are NPCs that can help - look for Fiona in Ardoris, Ariel in Aerie and Dupre in Resolute.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

For Online, The 3 Virtue Quests jump in massive difficulty after you get the three banners (Love, Courage and Truth). This is normal. They are basically all Tier 5 quests.

There are walkthroughs showing the uh.... easiest ways through all of them, but they are a bit difficult.

There’s also the Looking For Group option. Get a group, and finish up those quests. :D

Gravidy and majoria70 like this.
  5. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Thanks! At least I know what to expect now. Frustratingly, there's too many bugged quests to get all three banners, which are really cool :(.

Nice! I've looked for something like this, but can't find it. Any links to help would be great.

Everyone I see is far above me that I wouldn't contribute much in a group, and I didn't really want to get other people to do everything for me :(. Thanks for all the advice!

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

With a bit of strategy you should be able to do this from the off.. Heres a stream I did (I sucked cos for the first hour no one told me my mic didnt work as I was explaining everything but..) here I make the toon through to completing all 3 paths.. ready to do the final shroud portion, with nothing but what the game gives me.

PS of course in offline mode you can get the 3 companions..

Gravidy and Jaesun like this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

People are very happy to help newer/lower leveled players out. During the past two weeks, Upper Tears was a great farming spot (still is but was so simple with 2x exp). Now me and 2 guildmates could duo/trio the place, but decided to open up a LFG so others could benefit. as long as you participate in some way (Dps or heals) people will be more than willing to have you tag along. Also, get to know people. For sure, if a guildmate asks me for help in a questline, I will make the time to accompany him in the zones he has trouble with. Without giving all the clues, I will at least work on making his time fighting monsters easier!

Don't feel like you become a weight, Feel like a little bird, ready to spread its wings, just needing that little bit of help so he can jump out of the nest!

hegpetz, Gravidy and Jaesun like this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I have my new Spear Dude Character who just did the 3 Banners, granted the current quest system is well......... uh............ what it is. But you should be able to get all 3. Is there any help we could provide you with some of them?

Perhaps you just are stuck on how to complete a few of them? They can be a bit confusing, but we are always here to help.

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

problem with shuttered eye is to do it right you actually have to go alone :( if more than one of you need it, you all enter an instance, but only 1 can pick up the object at the end and once youve done that you cant go back in with everyone else.

Gravidy and Jaesun like this.
  10. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

By now i have done the circuit a few times with newbies and people who just do not care that much about quests.
    It is fun to do for me so do not think you annoy people asking them for help only because they are "big level" or so.
    Solo the quests are 60-70ish doable depending on class and gear, in a group i would think 40-50, but plenty of guilds do the run for members and do not mind if someone tags along.

Contributing, you contribute fun to people who like to trash the same mobs they had frustrating time with the first time around...

Gravidy likes this.
  11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

One thing on the group is it doesnt matter if you are lvl 1 and them 101... you do contribute.. sure you may die more, hit less but it all helps

hegpetz, Gravidy and Jaesun like this.
  12. jregel

jregel Avatar

I'm a relatively new player that only plays in offline mode. I started on the Path of Love and met Fiona in Adoris. She joined my party (well, just me at the time!) and we started adventuring together. She wasn't much use at the start, but as of the latest release, she seems to be getting better at fighting and often heals me if I'm injured in combat.

I got to the stage where my next task would be to meet an NPC (no spoilers) at the Tower of the Shuttered Eye, but as that was described in my journal as probably being quite challenging, I opted to change course for a bit and went to Blood River, where I started to follow the Path of Truth. This led to me meeting Ariel who joined my party. After some further adventuring around Aerie, I used a Lunar Rift to get to Highvale and do the start of the Path of Courage. At Resolute, I met my third companion, Conrad Dupre, and we have done some of the courage quests before I was given a message to take back to Adoris.

So, I'm now back at Adoris, ready to tackle the Tower of the Shuttered Eye, but now accompanied by three companions. Hopefully I'm now ready for the next part of my journey...

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

That was actually something I wondered, if you could have all 3 companions at the same time, so thanks for the info! Also fun to see new players use the lunar rifts, I always forget to!

Gravidy and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

That is a great way to get ready for more challenging tiers. :)

15. jregel

jregel Avatar

Just to follow up my previous post...

I tackled the Tower of the Shuttered Eye tonight, along with my three companions. We cleared the tower without any problems! The companions are a really nice touch to the single player, offline game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.