Missing beetle carapaces from my inventory -- FOUND!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woodchuck, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

How does stealing work in this game? I was under the impression that my items in my inventory are 100% safe from stealing as long as I am not in "PvP" mode.

Last night before I fell asleep (game just afk connection timed out) I had some beetle carapaces, now when I just setup my home and vendor, and looking to put them up for sale, they are gone!

Is Portalarium able to give help or support for missing items? Can they do any forensic work to find out exactly how my items disappeared? (I am certain I had them before going to bed and did not sell them to a vendor)

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Woodchuck for missing items send a mail to support@portalarium.com and state the missing item, when it got missing and where (maybe with info at location with /bug)

they helped me to find my missing item (i sold it :( before it was possible to lock it to inventory)

Jaesun, Woodchuck and Rufus D`Asperdi like this.
  3. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

Don’t you mean “carapi”?

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The plural form of Carapace is Carapaces...

If you're going to be needlessly pedantic... I know I often am... I was born that way... I'm trying to recover... At least be correct.

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Check the Price of the Oracle.

Side note.
    If there isnt already a tooltip about opening price of the oracle on your first 5 pvp deaths, the devs should add it asap.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Thanks, I just sent an email to support@portalarium.com about this. Hopefully they can find out exactly what happened.

I know the beetle carapaces are not much, but they are valuable to me at this point. And the greater implication here is, game data integrity is everything in a persistent world game. It's akin to your RL bank account balance suddenly dropping randomly and you don't know why and there is no accountability or recourse. It's just not acceptable.

I don't want to be constantly worrying about my items and having to take steps to constantly save proof of what I own to the smallest detail every time I play because the game cannot reliably safeguard my data.

Rentier likes this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Wait and see what Support has to say... More than likely there's a good explanation other than an issue with data integrity...
    I've a LOT of items in game, and only one has ever gone missing... and it was a graphics glitch and reappeared on its own.

For me, the most common cause of "Missing" items has been failing to complete a transaction when purchasing things from a Vendor.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Woodchuck likes this.
  8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Really hope so too! There must be a logical explanation!

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Damn, that woodchuck is fat!

Daigoji Gai and Woodchuck like this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

from chucking wood, no doubt.

11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

How much?

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The eternal question.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sometimes relogging make things show up but other times support has to help you find them. I do hope you find them.

Woodchuck and Jaesun like this.
  14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I really hope so, or at least a logical explanation. I really don't want to become paranoid about my items.

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I just saw this. I have no idea what this means...

16. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

hit the stained glass window button in the upper right and open the price of the oracle. this is where pvp kills/thefts are logged while pending

Woodchuck and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  17. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Woodchuck - I know you stated in your OP that you were not flagged for PVP, but just for clarification, can you tell us which scene you were in when you collected these beetle carapaces, and which other scenes you may have entered after collecting them?

The reason I ask is because some scenes are Open PVP by default, regardless of whether you flagged at an Oracle or not. These usually have Ruins or Shardfall in the name or could be Blood Bay or The Fall.

If you were in one of these Open PVP scenes, then you could have been pick pocketed.

IF the items were stolen from you, they should still be listed in your Price of The Oracle window. Alley Oop explained how to open this. I believe items remain there for 24 hours and give you a chance to buy them back with gold.

If they are not on that list and it is within 24 hours, chances are those items were not stolen from you.

Woodchuck and Brugas like this.
  18. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Bounty from pvp deaths or from items stolen.

Essentially i hold to my other point. There should obviously be a tooltip in game from first few times ure stolen from or PvP lost about it.

I made this sugggestion back on persistancr release, i assumed it was put in since it was so vague to new players.

Woodchuck likes this.
  19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Ah! Thanks I will do that at the next opportunity!

20. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Thanks! I am pretty sure though that I have not inadvertently walked into any open pvp scenes (i noticed these were the stonehenge looking spots). On my overworld travels I am very careful not to go into those areas (I just started my avatar and I’m still wearing and using the beginner armor and weapons, I have no business and/or interest in pvp now, lol)

I collected most of my beetle carapaces while in stag overworld encounters on the south east section - perennial coast. Then I collected another in a snowy scene that I cannot remember the name of.. it wasn’t a big scene and had some bandits in one corner of the scene and wolves lurking randomly throughout.

I will check the Price of the Oracle later tonight. I had no idea about this but good to know that it is there and a way to recover stolen items!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.