Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Some sound suggestions

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by ThePompousPeasant, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePompousPeasant

ThePompousPeasant Avatar

The game's settings I've seen so far certainly have the touch of realism to them and I really appreciate that, however, I think more ambient back ground noises are needed. As it stands now I seem to only hear the music, a few birds, doors and chests opening and those evil demons from hell that need to be but in a sound proof vault for eternity...I speak of the dreaded tesla towers that I wish I could strike down and beat and beat or at the very least trap my enemies in a room with one (sorry for the run on sentence).

Would love to see more background chatter from patrons at taverns, clinking of ale glasses, laughter and general merriment :) On the other side of the coin you could have noises being made from the tavern drunk, threats from ale sodded lads....temptations from so lady's of the evening or men ;)

Another ambient noise I would like to hear in game is the weather. Wind, rain, leaves rustling, thunder and the sweet sound of the ocean.

Lastly and what got me thinking about sound in general is the sound we make when we walk. So far regardless of the material we are walking on it all sounds the same. I would appreciate a different sound when we are walking on rickety docks, hardened metal, grass or that lonesome old trail the adventure often takes.

I'm sure most of this stuff you have gone over but thought I would mention it. I'm not sure if this is the type of feedback you would like or even the correct place to post it but I'm a fan and want to help out when I can.

Wishes

Winfield and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. Silkie

Silkie Avatar

I agree completely with more ambient sounds, e.g., different footsteps on different materials, and so on. On a craft thread I also suggested making machine noises, e.g., saw blade buzz at milling station come BEFORE items are produced, not after. The more realistic the sounds and the more appropriate the greater the sense of immersion.

Lord Baldrith and LordRussell like this.
  3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Yes...also, could we oil our chest lids or maybe just have chests have varying sounds?

Also, would love to hear some voicework in this game. (I volunteer)

LordRussell and Winfield like this.
  4. Margard

Margard Avatar

I dislike the walking sound - It sounds as if our Avatar is too lazy to lift their feet and is dragging them ... that or passing through a pass with a lot of leafs on the ground ... not sure what it is but it really bothers me

- I love the chicken sounds, but it comes in too strong, it seems odd when you are near a single hen and it sounds like I just ran into 4-5 of them.

- The win mill sound is awesome, but I would hate to live next to it ;), a little loud

- I really like the new musisc, in particular the string instruments and some of the wind ones ... my only critique is that they are too "happy", "merry" .. there is nothing wrong with the music but I would love some ominous tones tunes to be thrown in the mix

LordRussell likes this.
  5. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

It would be nice if walking sounds could be affected by what you wear, I'd imagine cloth would be silent whilst heavier gear could give different sounds for movement.

Music is great!

LordRussell and Margard like this.
  6. da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com

da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com Avatar

Also a huge fan of the new music! Would not say no to more variety and more serious sounding ones though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LordRussell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.