New just started Yesterday

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Rivyr Darkleaf, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rivyr Darkleaf

Rivyr Darkleaf Avatar

Greetings all I just started this yesterday. After years of looking for a new mmo hopefully this one will be the one to last. I never got to play the original MMO's like Everquest or UO or games like that but my oldest games I played were DDO, Lineage 2, and wow. I've played various games over the years DDO, Lineage 2, PWI, GW2, WOW, Warhammer, Aion, Bdo, Mabinogi, Tera, and some other one's I've forgotten or not worth mentioning.
    I love crafting and it's nice to see a game that has the best gear come from crafters, instead of it be a feature thats quickly overshadowed by some random drop off a mob.

Too many games now days are cash grabs hype train bs that don't care about the players only the all mighty dollar, hopefully this one is different. I like the idea of getting to choose what skills you want have meaningful crafting, have housing, and having no sense of direction starting off is cool cause you can explore and figure stuff out on your own.

I mean yesterday I just spent it bumbling around gathering, killing, doing random quests, salvaging armor for mats and trying to figure out how to craft and finding areas with mage skeletons that one shot me GOOD TIMES XD. I don't know what I'm doing, but thats ok finding out and exploring is half the fun.

I'm a little disappointed in the graphics for a 2018 title but I'll get over it I'm having fun so far so IDC I enjoyed Mabinogi for years and those graphics were horrible.

I hope to see yall in game my IGN is Rivyr Darkleaf

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome, Silvyrmist! Its great to have you as part of the SOTA community. :)

3. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

@Silvyrmist
    IGN is Rivyr Darkleaf

Welcome. If you have issues or questions someone is always willing to help, either here or on Discord or in game.
    If you see me in game send a friend request.
    IGN: Lesni

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Nice to eat you!

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome!

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Silvyrmist to the game. I hope you have many wonderful adventures. I am Majoria in game. I'd be happy to answer questions or chat anytime.

We do have a lot we can share too like emotes or recipes. That saves a lot of gold to let another player share teachable recipes with you.

Also we have a wonderful music system in the game and we can even sync songs to play together. It takes no skill and I love playing. Anyway enjoy the game. *Cheers*

7. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Welcome! Before you shop anywhere hit me up for free starter gear. Same name IG.

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Rivyr Darkleaf

Rivyr Darkleaf Avatar

just out of curiousity how large is community how many gamers play this game? and i've only seen maybe 5 -6 people online im guessing its cause im in the newbie areas?

and actually yes i have a good question, where or how do i increase my carrying cap ? Theres so many items to collect and so little bag space im slow all the time.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You really can't tell since we don't have a heat map to show dots and there are over 200 player owned towns and many Npc towns, and adventure scenes they might be in. Plus we have modes people could be in called multiplayer and party mode. In the upper right corner of your screen is a stained glass window. Click that to see options. One is called nearby players to see any online in multiplayer. Another way to know where players are is your friends list. In this game so far that is our main fast travel. You can right click players to send a friend request or type their name in by clicking the f key .
    I accept all friends requests.

We also have looking for group alt f . you can start a group too.

A couple of other tips are eating food for buffs .You can eat two different types to get their buffs.

Devotional shrines give 10 hour buffs. Point at the name of scenes and town on the map to see what is in them. You have to jump in their water to get the buffs and you can have 2 different ones at a time.

Also you get 500 gold and XP every day by taking the Oracle's test.

We also have a mail system in the game. You can send almost anything through the mail.

For sone tips if you want check my bulletin board in Wizards Rest. The town is on a cliff behind owlshead in hidden vale. Just head toward the volcano.

The skill key is k, y is to create decks, j for journal, b for recipe book, z to toggle combat off and on. T is to toggle auto attack and free attack.

Edited

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  10. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Wait for it......

Azzamean likes this.
  11. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Tell me, when people are excited about a project in development, how does one avoid a "hype train"?

Pretty much 57 big content updates to date on a near flawless timeline.

Enjoy the ride!

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome aboard!

Carrying capacity can be increased by raising strength, found in Tactics. Once you can open Heavy Lifter, put some points in there too.

If you have any questions while you're in game, feel free to friend me and ask when you see me online.

Have fun!

Kara Brae likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Many people play in Multiplayer Private mode, so you won’t see many of them. I just clicked my F key (friends list) there are craploads of people online currently. And also many of them are in many of the different areas. As you can see here:

[​IMG]

In the Tactics Skill tree, there is the skill Healthy (which you should ALWAYS be raising, regardless of whatever class you are playing). Under that is the Strength Skill (another skill you should ALWAYS raise, regardless of your class) and under that is the sweet sweet Heavy Lifter Skill, THAT raises your carrying capacity.

14. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Hi and welcome. I started a couple of weeks ago so feel free to send me a friend request. I'll be in the newbie areas for a while too

majoria70, Jaesun and craftymethod like this.
  15. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Welcome @Silvyrmist , RivyrDarkleaf !
    Feel Free to add me to your friend, I am Luca Xante in game.

majoria70 likes this.
  16. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

17. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi Silvyrmist

welcome to the world of Novia
    if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure. in the ingame chat box you can send me a friend request by typing /friend skeggy media I accept all friends requests.

18. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

You can change to private mode in your options which puts you in your own instances so nobody competes for your resource nodes, but I've never felt the need to do that. You need to up your strength to carry more, there is a strength buff in the earth magic school, inner strength from heavy armor, food buffs, and also a strength virtue buff if you jump into the fountain of courage in Resolute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.