What to do next? :)

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ondar, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ondar

Ondar Avatar

Yeah, lot to do :) Now I want to level my blade spec so some more UT runs and then we will see. I'm not into PvP, tried that a few times in other games but was too much challenge for me. Maybe I'm just too old for that now :D Biggest problem now is time...

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

There's a lot of things to do, but mostly its about making/setting your own goals about what it is you want to achieve in the game.
    There's always levelling up various things, of course, but for me that's kind of a "backdrop" to my everyday activities.
    I think I spent my first 6 months in this game just "going to go see what's in this scene" - go spend a few hours somewhere you've never seen before and seeing what there is.

Try to assemble a complete collection of in-game books. (Player books is like, stage 2 of this goal). Been to the Tower of the Shuttered Eye? Lots of books in there, also, some amusing lore on the top floor.
    Do all the quests that give unique stuff. There are banners to get, sets of virtue gear, sets of companion gear, at lesat 6 wall paintings that I know of, glowy bottles, glowy skulls of various types (from different places!) etc.
    Your house can be a testament to what you've done and what you've seen.
    Material acquisitions - you will need thousands of resources to start making the nice high end gear. This starts with hoarding. Pick up everything, put it in a box, and then go get more of it.

Give yourself a quest!
    Examples:
    • Myself and a friend went on a quest to obtain several dozen mushroom chairs. Why? Because mushroom chairs! We still haven't found a permanent use for them, and their numbers continue to grow.
    • Did you know that all of Novia underground is connected? Lots of adventure exploring those caves and seeing where you end up. Lots of ore/gems/things to get along the way, too. Start an expedition!
    • Get all the crafting recipes and make 5 or so of each, you get nice xp for the first few times, and then you'll have loads of stuff to put in your house. There may be sub-steps to this, finding recipes, finding teachers of recipes, getting money for recipes....
    • Go kill mobs that drop 'particular' recipes - satyr mages for unicorn potions, bear/wolf/stag/dragon clan bandits for their appropriate headdress. They also have collectible outfits.

Also, I'd look into amassing large amounts of granite, the build-your-own dungeon is coming.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also don't forget once you have a chance to learn our music system. We don't have barding atm but we do have artifact musical instruments that give buffs to you and your whole party if you are in a party. They are found occasionally during exploration off of mobs and bought off of player vendors but of course those are very expensive usually. No skill required and we can sync music together in groups. Hit me up if you ever want a tour on music. I'll give you some songs and show you a bit about it anytime. ;) I'm Majoria in the game.

Ondar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.