Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mages in the rise??? Why

Discussion in 'Release 58 Feedback' started by scorn, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I never said *more*so in a lower tier zone, I said you will find something similar to what you had been used in terms of challenge and Loot as the rise. I do play solo, a lot, and I have found some zones which were good enough. When I reached The Rise, I could attune solo, so when double exp became permanent, I could attune in 20-25 minutes. Explain to me how that stays fun? Now after 20-25 minutes I end up wasting my time in terms of exp, so I stop, which result in less loot. With this balance update (which might have gone too far as I've read from the other guy) attunement would still come within an hour, maybe more around 45-50 minutes, but with even more loot, how is that a bad thing?

ShurTugal and Witcheypoo like this.
  2. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Well I was not reading the discord at the time and skimming through. :) Well you know there will be a rework, so hopefully it will be resolved tonight/tomorrow.

Mishikal likes this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I've been soloing the rise for the last few releases, and never attuned. Sounds like they need some more challenging solo zones once one can get to where they can do that. ;) And you might want to see if you can attune in there now with the XP changes. And what I'm looking for in a zone is the XP. The Rise was never particularly good "loot" wise, and it was already a challenge as Ranged. If I wanted loot, etc, I'd stick to Crag Foothills, where I can get plenty of loot but little XP. There comes a point when one is interested in the ability to progress their character.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  4. WyldeChild404

WyldeChild404 Avatar

Here's the thing, in order to create groups, there has to be a substantial player base. The only thing people group is UT for the xp grind and that's it. You may see a few groups pop up every now and again for other things, but to normalize the xp in the rise, and make things harder to kill, only to have a place to group, which wouldn't be worth it, seems pointless. I might be mistaken, but they should be concentrating on, oh I don't know, finding ways to bring people TO the game, not break the game so more people leave. Just my 2cp

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ut also got hit by this, RoF and Meteor Shower both tick for zero on the last wave. Ut is harder now as well, physical attacks seam to be just as strong though.

I think having hard high end content is good, but there should be solo alternatives I dont always feel like grouping and I dont want to be punished for not.

6. Black777Lodge

Black777Lodge Avatar

I think it a bit schiziphrenic to make the mages and archers in the rise harder to kill, while lowering the XP gain. On the other hand they do drop now between 50 and 100 Gold each mob.
    But I think it should be logical to give more xp on a mob that is harder to kill and they should also give more loot (what they do).

I just cannot imagine, how imprudent Portalarium does such changes. For me personally it is not a big issue, I still can do the rise and have fun. But for players that worked hard to do the
    rise solo, such changes are frustrating.

A good advise to Portalarium would be to look at things from a players POV before doing stuff like this....

Mishikal and K1000 like this.
  7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I think the main issue here is that after every release Port apologise for making large step changes to combat and sometimes for errors in stat changes contributing to these drastic changes in players combat experience and promise going forward to be more careful and refine combat incramentally in small step changes ...... Then next release they go ahead and do exactly the same thing.

Most of the discussion here is about npc mages, but last night I fought Obsidian animals, yellow and orange Archers and yellow and orange Liches. Overall I estimate my combat build to be around 20% less effective this release than R57, through a combination of (what appears to be) reduced dps, increased Focus consumption and higher mob damage dealing, though the latter may be a result of the former in part.

I don't mind a challenge and I will adjust, but we are months and months into commercial release here and these changes should no longer be so radical.

I believe there was a patch overnight? Maybe this has been tweaked back some, and I will test today, but again I say, changes shouldn't be so extreme in live release that errors and changes are so significant that you seem always to need a correcting patch or patches straight after each release.

After last nights patch i've entered an overworld skeleton encounter with the 3 malefic Liches and it seems combat is back to the challenge it was in R57, though my consumption of Focus seems to have doubled in R58 which is fine. Prior to this release I didn't even need to use focus pots and didn't have them on my utility bar. I will have to make space for them now..which is a pain as I don't want to remove anything! :) ... actually I'll start by changing my food from strength/health food to high Focus food, see how that goes, yesh yesh yesh! /chuckles and rubs hands..

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Witcheypoo and K1000 like this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

What the side effect really is... ut was stupid op before and its even more stupid op now.

I like the idea of the rise/fall being very hard but the reward has to be there to.

Ut has no risk only the best reward (xp wise).

Witcheypoo, K1000 and Gorthyn like this.
  9. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

It's gotten comical at this point.

By Tor likes this.
  10. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Not sure I am on boatd with the negativity.

Yes I am a bit different being AL104, pre R58 I could solo the Rise and attenuate in 35 min whilst I would attenuate in a UT group in 30 min. Now I can't attenuate and I feel that is ok because I felt it was a bit out of balance that I could be almost on par with a UT group for xp gain. If I want fast xp I should group, if not then the rise is a fun spot that is on the edge of my skills keeping the gane fun and I do make about 750k an hour.

I am glad they have compensated me with more gold...but I agree the sick joke of spatulas has run its course. I would like some used chop sticks now.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  11. Araminis Darkblade

Araminis Darkblade Avatar

I dont mind the rise being harder I solo it fine now and dont intenuate after 20-30 min now unless I duo it with my friend I run alot with. It is suppose to be end game content. I am Adv lv 113 no buffs 107 GM's What I dont like is that there was really no reason to nerf the xp if the mobs were made harder should have picked one or the other less xp or harder mobs.

K1000 likes this.
  12. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

I agree, it's counter intuitive to make the mobs harder AND give less XP... Would have made more sense to make them harder and at least, give the same amount of XP than before...

Mishikal likes this.
  13. Nib

Nib Avatar

They didn't just make it more difficult they reduced the xp on the archers and mages. This stuff is green to me and it hits and resist my damage like its red . Its safer to just solo the pit dragon
    The Rise was just where it should be during r57 all they did is take the fun out of what was a lot of peoples favorite dungeon and there are not a lot of dungeons style zones in the game. Issues like this should be addressed by creating new content not cranking the dial up on existing content because people have leveled up.

FrostII, Black777Lodge and Mishikal like this.
  14. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Why does this keep happening? This 1 step forward and 3 steps back for players every release in infuriating and I believe one of the big reasons our player base appears to continue to decline.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Scanphor, K1000, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Instead of creating high end challenging new content they try and buff exsisting content or nerf players.

K1000, By Tor and Mishikal like this.
  16. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Yep. By nerfing the players they're actually nerfing customers and cash flow.

K1000 and Mishikal like this.
  17. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Having just got to the point in the last few weeks I where I could do this fairly comfortably for good XP without having to sit in UT groups (sorry - not fun) I was settling in for the long haul in levelling up all my core skills to a decent level. Now seeing an out of the blue effective 40% nerf to what I can earn in XP in a single patch I'm not really feeling the urge to log in (or spend any money on the store this month). Let me know if they fix it....

18. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

You are definitely not alone.

19. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Spot on. I stopped playing the game for a year because I couldn't keep going through such regular sweeping changes and over corrections. I came back recently thinking that given the game had been "released" for a while such issues would surely be in the past. Seems I was wrong....

20. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I keep telling myself that they've gotten the message when we all (the ones who are left) complain about the extreme changes they make to supposedly "balance" things. Things that don't seem broken. After the complaints, they will dial it back and then.. next release they do it again. Rinse and repeat. I have no idea what they are thinking or doing at this point. I have remained with this game from the beginning but my (and I assume others) morale and faith in this direction is near rock bottom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.