Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mages in the rise??? Why

Discussion in 'Release 58 Feedback' started by scorn, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorn

scorn Avatar

I can no longer kill solo in the rise, just now mage 1400 + HP and hit harder thus making it unplayable to me this is just going to pull away from the game and cause more people to go away. why would you take one of the only solo spots away? And force them to group up again. I know I'm rambling but I'm just trying to understand why it was fine the way it was Prior

kaeshiva, Hestia, Scanphor and 2 others like this.
  2. Nib

Nib Avatar

They keep moving the goal post in the rise, also they are only worth 8k per kill, not worth the risk. They clearly only want everyone to be in 7 man group and only run Upper tears.

Innascual Inch, Hestia and Scanphor like this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They should raise the cap on the rise imop, and lower upper tears.

4. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Wow! Mages are now harder to kill and only give half the XP they used to?

5. mugmas

mugmas Avatar

I do not find they hit any harder. Longer TTK yes with the health increase, but overall it forces you to actually manage focus and plan your engagements more. Not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. Still solo-able, and now makes grouping more viable. Overall I am ok with it.

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

They definitely hit harder. The XP loss was 1/3rd (12k->8k). @Chris is going to review things to see if the re-balance went too far.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They just don't want anyone to play in The Rise anymore.

Scanphor and Kazar McKillin like this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The changes were made across the board, not specific to the Rise. People are getting destroyed in LV too. ;)

By Tor and Chatele like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, then they just don't want people to play anymore.

10. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

They leash more and are more difficult to solo. I only just got used to doing them solo this week. However I think it is not the end of the world, I can still do it, but it means that I have to be a lot more careful.

It is still enjoyable, however I am in the middle of a huge EXP pool grind, 37/50m. It is making it so tempting to spend a bit. :D

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Additional XP in your pool over 1 million + what you want to spend doesn't do anything for you though (as I understand it). I.e., the max "take" from your pool is when you have 1 million in it. I sometimes go up to 3 million and then spend down 2 million at once. But I understand having goals and the nicety of just being able to spend w/o having to worry about watching your pool.

For me, at ADV level 112 (with buffs) the mages are very difficult now, whereas before I could (carefully) solo them.

12. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Yes but my point was not "how do I best spend/maintain my pool" just saying I am in the middle of an irrational grind to build up my EXP for the hell of it. :) I am going to be spending a lot of it. (I stay at 1.5m as my buffer @ ADV 104).

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Not at all, they just want to make those high end zones more group zones... People keep complaining that group content isn't quite there, now there is finally a balance made to make those high end zones that everyone (I've been able to solo the rise's mage room and barracks since AL85) was able to solo, and made them group zones. Where is the problem in that? The Rise and LV are supposed to be T10+!

14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It's an excellent way to ensure that I and the numerous other people who play solo stop playing. Because what SOTA really needs is fewer players.

15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Or go in solo offline mode where you can get companions and where the game is "Supposed" to be adjusted to single player? Do you think people who play other games like WoW or ESO or anything basically complain that they cant clear raids solo? No, they go in zones made for them. The dev's have said they have made a pass for loot and mob levels across the board, meaning a T5 zone might more reflect the challenge and loot you had come to expect from the rise, while also giving groups a reason to exist. For the game to thrive, you need to please everyone, and up until now, groups were clearly undervalued because you could solo all end tier content. Now everyone will have their own content, where is the issue there?

16. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Let's be honest here though, that is a choice by yourself based on your opinion, based upon your experience. It is not so easy now, but you seem like the person who has the temperament to adapt and deal with changes. It is just a shame that you are letting these changes affect your mood so deeply.

Difficulty increases are not nice for sure, but this is not the first time areas have been adjusted. The Monkey in room within K'rul for example. That was solo farm-able and last update they increased the difficulty om that. We adapted. We moved on.

On the other hand if they did not adjust things, people are just as likely get bored. Move on. I would rather an increase in complexity over that.

Belladonna Rose and Witcheypoo like this.
  17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

a) I have no desire to play in offline mode. I just prefer to XP solo.

b) There are numerous things I can do on WoW as a solo player (and did, when I played WoW), with well balanced zones, etc. This is what SOTA lacks.

c) The Rise is not a Raid nor anything close to it.

d) The Rise had its XP significantly nerfed as part of the normalization process. You want me to assume that I can now make *more* XP in a *lower* tier zone? That's rather... ludicrous. ;)

e) I agree there should be more group content for people who like to do groups, although they already have Control Points, Upper Tears, etc.

If you've ever actually played solo, you find out rather quickly that while there are lots of zones you *can* solo in, there are few that are *worth the time* to solo in if you are working on adventure XP, as most zones are miniscule in size with few mobs of good value.

Scanphor, Nib and K1000 like this.
  18. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

See above. And it's more than just a difficulty increase. It's a difficulty increase combined with a serious nerf to the XP gained. Although I suppose if they cut the XP people get in Upper Tears by 33-50% and increased the difficulty of the NPCs by 33%, then maybe all things are even. ;)

K1000 likes this.
  19. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I think that your quote is broken, had to read it within my quote hehe.

I have just been looking at the forums, Atos has just explained there may be some more changes to come to rebalance it. It seems like they have maybe gone too deep.

[9:19 PM]Atos:
    I looked when he did it and worst cast ones were things that were 6k but should have been 5k. Unless something else changed, it is just a handful of creatures that went down and only a bit

[9:19 PM]Atos:
    @Mishikal Your numbers might be right...

[9:20 PM]Atos:
    It wasn't a change I made or just a change to the rise though. It was that tier elf throughout the game

[9:29 PM]Atos:

Well, he might have moved the needle in the wrong direction. The guys in the rise were the first Tier 10+ things in the game

[9:29 PM]Atos:
    I'll take a look in a bit

-- So just watch this space

Mishikal likes this.
  20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, Just went back and fixed that. ;)

yes, I'm aware, since Atos was responding to what I'd noted. He also made it clear they expect players to be able to hit the max XP limit *solo* in the Rise, which people (who are much higher adv level than myself) are no longer able to do. And they also noted that killing the pit dragon in there is now easier than killing other NPCs in the rise. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.