Accidentally purchased add-on as gift

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inglix, Nov 9, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inglix

Inglix Avatar

I accidentally purchased a couple add-ons as gifts. I tried "gifting" them to myself to be able to claim the items, but that has not been effective. Anyone do this before, and maybe have an idea?

2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Check and claim them via Email.

Once that's done they should be available to claim in game.

I send myself gifts all the time.

Laz

Kara Brae and Barugon like this.
  3. Inglix

Inglix Avatar

No such luck. I send the item as a gift. Close out the browser for SOTA. (game is not running at all during this) Open up my email and click the link for my gift. It says I've claimed it and directs me to the add-on page. The item is still there with "Send as Gift" and no option to claim it in game :/

4. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

You might have hit the same 'problem' as I did, it seems you have done all the step that are meant to work (sending them as a gift, go into the email account for the account RECEIVING the gift, and find the Portalarium email saying it's been sent, then click on the 'accept the gift' option ) - and even that it doesn't always seem to work first time, as I found out in the past - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ed-during-telethon-to-another-account.111971/ For me it worked on the third try, if I remember correctly - it's been a while though so it might have been the second, or even fourth...

Edit - And at the risk of teaching stuff you already know ... you are aware they changed the way claiming gifts worked fairly recently, rather than just go to the bank and 'claim' there's a chest-shaped icon on the top right corner of the screen that lets you claim items for now.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Net and Kara Brae like this.
  5. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Not quite sure about your problem.
    When you buy an item as gift then a mail will be sent to the recipient who can click on the link to accept it and the item will show up on his account page.
    Seems you did that and you see the item.
    As long as you do not claim it in game you still can resend it as gift - which is nice in case you sent it to an incorrect account.
    If you see it in your account (web page) and want to claim it in game then just log in and use the new "rewards" window (not the bank) and claim all new items.
    Note: "soon" the items will be auto claimed (no need to press the button), but they will still show up in the rewards window (= do not use slots from your bank)

Kara Brae likes this.
  6. Inglix

Inglix Avatar

Yep, color me foolish for not noticing the new claim rewards. :confused:

All good...

Aurelius Silverson, Net and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.