Will PRTs survive much longer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

They have been. Once I was the only occupant of Anseldale. Then I found that the lots I wanted in Etan Glen during land rush had gone unclaimed. I'm pretty sure Anseldale has been gone for a while now.

2. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Change all deeds to place anywhere, give the old POT deeds and PA deeds different tax rates to maintain their values (POT deed current tax rate PA deed cheaper), change it so certain devotionals or Npc's can only appear in POTS, others in PRT's and others in NPC towns. Gives each type a reason for being, this spreads the population a bit more to avoid the fields of empty lots while still displaying availability to new players.

Ideally what should have happened at the start was a smaller map with a few major hub cities and towns and POTs being districts or suburbs for these places. Walking onto the hub city would bring up options for where to go, the NPC city centre, a server PRT district or a PoT district. Again with limitations and differences on what appears in the NPC, PRT and POT areas to make them all desirable to live in and give a reason to go to each.

3. Cyin

Cyin Avatar

What if someone bought a PoT for designing quests and doesn't want occupants. They might be waiting for the devs to implement a proper player run quest system before setting up their RP events.

hegpetz and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  4. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

I think you missed the point and that is some players will like PRTs and some will like POTs and some will like the Cities. Population of these areas has nothing to do with keeping them or taking them down. Now If a PRT has no one in it at all yes then maybe take it down.

Who am I ? Just a old man who bought my son then 5yrs old Gary Gygax D&D books in 1974 --- for hobbies -- developer / coder / gamer / analyse and play online games / blogger . Likes to chase the old lady around the coffee table in my rubber duck suit, damn bill keeps fallin off tho....
    Retired at 52. Nice to meet you...

Who are you ?

Bow Vale and Duke Ezekiel Cooper like this.
  5. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Who am I?
    Just a middle aged, dirty minded, guy from Texas, retired twice at 44, (Army & DOD Civilian), that cut his teeth on a Radio Shack TRS-80 in the 1980's as a developer / coder / gamer, that's arguably, the leader of one of the most influential guilds in the game, the event manager of the Shroud of the Avatar International Convention held every year in Austin, Texas and probably the most hated and misunderstood cat in New Britannia.

Like you... I chase my woman around the house as well, but I don't wear a rubber duck suit... I usually don't have on anything but a pair of boots and a smile. :)

It's a pleasure to meet you.

Bow Vale and Whitestag like this.
  6. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

LOL try the rubber duck suit it wont mess with your feet as much as boots will, besides its 10 degrees out now up here. I need the heat ....

Being a influential guild is great if you have the time , from what I have seen think of game first guild second and it all comes together ...

Sailed for 2 yrs out of Portsmouth VA and flew for 2 yrs out of Mobile Ala . 2x DOD - General Dynamics, Pratt and Whitney, 2x FBI - Town and State Prison Max Security Correctional Officer ... and worked for JDSU in fiber optics... Some at Engineering level.
    White hat since 300 baud.

As for the PRTs i am not sure what hardware they are using i have not looked but if a amazon server is used and in cloud vs dedicated an instance not being used cost like 2 dollars a month to keep up, rental is based on useage and rampes up and down along with cost. A PRT should not be a cost issue at all.

Why hated you sound pretty mellow from some of the people I have been around LOL.

Duke Ezekiel Cooper likes this.
  7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

You can have one of my rooms for free, until you save enough money to buy a lot of your own. There are many in my town as well :).

8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Why is an empty or near empty PRT a bad thing?

Who cares if someone wants to live in a town with "population: you" ?

As for the perception of emptiness - easy, dont go to the towns with no people. Hang out in the towns with many people.

I do agree some automation with regards to inns would be helpful and useful.

9. Sir Catt

Sir Catt Avatar

Who do I need to talk to, to get a Bullitin board placed in Aldwater (PRT) we would improve our town if, there was someone to ask for improvments :mad:

10. Floors

Floors Avatar

425,000 is not a lot of money. at the current rate its about 55 bucks. Hardly a second job.

CICI likes this.
  11. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Ok if you say so. I have just about given up hope with SOTA so really don't have the inclination to debate anything anymore.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Personally I hope some PRT's do survive.

I'm a big fan of Parrots Roost. Trying to find someplace with a Keep Lot and water Town lot close to each other might be a tall order for a POT. I figure once boating becomes a thing, it would be nice to hop out of bed, run to my dock nearby and go deep sea fishing!

Fortunately it's attracted the attention of a few more Avatars who are now residents so we're growing. :)

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

a bulletin board will not work in a prt. the permissions to place bulletins on it don't exist. if you want a working town bulletin board, it'll have to be on a lot.

14. Sir Catt

Sir Catt Avatar

I Belive the powers that be can set permission to anyone ???

Simon LeBon likes this.
  15. Floors

Floors Avatar

Cool. Just letting you know.

I was gonna live in Parrot's Roost earlier on, but settled for a place closer to Britanny. That's a cool town and town name tho.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Parrot's Roost was my home before I bought a POT.

I could setup a keep lot with an adjacent water town lot for you, if you want.

17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Trying to find a keep lot and a water town lot that you can place on in an NPC/PRT town will be a tall order unless you have a keep deed (the only PA deeds are also TF) and a Founder town deed (only Founder deeds can place on NPC/PRT water lots). It might actually be easier in a POT, as it's easier to get the deeds, and you can probably get a town owner to put the lots exactly where you want.

I think someday PRTs may possibly become able to place with a POT deed, but first the devs are going to have to feel more comfortable about the availability of enough space for PA deeds. I also think it isn't likely to happen until after we get a lot more players. Or they might bring back some nuked PRTs and set them to allow POT deeds. But really, we've got more than enough POT space for a long time.

18. smack

smack Avatar

I'll be updating the Land Rush spreadsheet for R61...stay tuned. I'll create a new thread but the new copy is here in case you want to see real-time updates throughout the day or want to help update it (anyone can edit it -- just update the date/time to show which row is being updated):
    https://goo.gl/2oXhR7

19. oplek

oplek Avatar

It's kind of like the Neverending Story, where the existence of a town and its occupants need to be imagined by at least one person, or they all succumb to the Nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.