R61 Land Rush Status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Cerci, Walter Frey, the Hound, ...

2. smack

smack Avatar

There are many dozens of threads over the years that have proposed similar ideas. Here's a recent one that discusses this and it has some links to older more detailed threads about this sort of thing:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...emporarily-camping-tents.132011/#post-1075573

It would be great if this ever came to fruition, but I highly doubt it ever will any time soon.

As far as PRTs go, I think over time we may see some QoL enhancements to them....perhaps not the full on dynamic town design proposed years ago, but small things to make them more appealing to live in.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  3. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

For what it's worth. I will not live in a POT!

I backed the game from day one and while a house in a NPC town wasn't the main reason for doing so, it is something that keeps me playing the game. I completed the Shroud quest some months back, right after the game launch. I still explore areas I haven't visited before, but for the most part I enjoy crafting and grinding for the resources I need.

I agree with the idea that NPC towns that contain plot threads (and hence attract players to them) should have a consistant look and feel, which makes player housing and decoration difficult. However, I think there should still be a place where players can claim a lot (doesn't have to be rent free) and set down roots without being beholden to another, potentially fickle player of the game.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.