Place any where (temporarily) camping tents

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Feeyo, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Hi,

I would love to see a place anywhere temporarily mobile home (camping tent) kind of system.
    This system would give you like a small camping tent that you can place anywhere with small extra storage, to camp for a few days max. If player is in PvP mode the tent should be lootable by other players.

What I also would love is the option to create a small camp fire with some stones and wood to use for faster health/focus generate or to just chill in the woods at night. Maybe even add cooking option on these camp fires to keep us busy. This fire should at least stay on for a specific period so that you can come back to it after a few fights to health up faster between fights.

2. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

I'am waiting for it for an eternity

Compared to oldscool MMO like UO and SWG, SotA is a huge step back in so many thinks.
    Remember the awesome camping options in Star Wars Galaxies?
    They even had a own skill tree for that, Wilderness Survival.

Feeyo likes this.
  3. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Indeed! That was awesome. :D

4. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Not the first time this topic has come up, keep stirring it guys! Just maybe we will actually get it. They have been positive on it each time it is brought up over the years. I would be very surprised if we didn't have it in the game by Episode 2 release.

Trick is when will that be? We were years behind on Episode 1.

Episode 1 was all about building the basic foundations of the game.

Going forward we will see much deeper richer content additions to currently installed systems of the game as well as quite a few new systems being added. being as water travel, and mounts are both going to get into the game next Episode one way or another. I am sure, the long asked for camping scenario will be as well.

Just remember if we you out there along the trailside with you caravan of pack animals loaded with tons of gathered resources or refined goods sitting around the campfire drinking some really good ale made by your favorite local brew master. Don't be surprised if my crew of road bandits don't come pay you all a visit about 4am.:mad:

Here is a link about some other possible things that could be worked into the whole camping scenario from as far back as 2013. Not trying to derail or hijack the thread. Just thought this link might get more creative juices flowing for all in regards to possible uses, encounters, problems.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-to-hunt-track-other-players.3154/#post-48448

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Feeyo likes this.
  5. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

This option sounds like it makes more sense in a large open world mmo without instancing or scenes. SOTA being broken into the duel over world map with scenes and instancing makes this idea redundant to me, am I missing something?

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Feeyo @Nietzsche

Check out this thread I put up a long time ago, you'll like it:
    Camp scenes & other applications of the basic idea

It basically suggests being able to set up your own 'camp scene', where you had an ad hoc lot around a campfire, and could set up things like tents and portable crafting stations. Your campfire would then show on the OW map, so it would effectively advertise where you were to passing players. Which would make it a good LFG mechanism, among other purposes.

This was in part inspired by games like Ultima V which did have an OW map, but you could Hole-Up and set a camp, creating a camp scene where you could have someone stand guard over night, or you risked ambushes.

Feeyo likes this.
  7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.