Condensed Player Housing

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Kelanor, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

I don't know if this would be a popular concept or not, but as of right now there seems to be too few players for how spread out the housing is.

Alot of dead zones, empty player towns, empty NPC towns.

It might be prudent to condense player housing a bit to bring people together a bit more and reduce the amount of dead zones a player encounters.

What about adding a Player Owned Town decay counter? Where if it's not in use after X amount of time it gets saved onto the server as-is and then disappears off the map until re-claimed?

For NPC towns my idea is this, get rid of Player Owned Town Deeds/Place Anywhere deeds, and just make all deeds so that you can place them anywhere. To give "incentive" to place properties in Player Owned Towns make the properties within NPC towns expire faster. This would clean up the NPC towns while conversely giving players with their free row/village deeds the option of where they want to live.

Also I think reducing the amount of housing available within NPC towns would help with frame rates in those cluttered towns filled with alot of dead spaces too. If you wanted to life within an NPC town you might have to choose one of the smaller ones that way if they all had a little less available housing.

Overall if you want to get rid of the "dead" feeling, you're going to have to "prune" out the inactive players at a faster rate and condense the available living spaces to bring players together. But at the same time don't penalize a player for returning after being inactive.

Remove back taxes, and if a player quits and returns: Make sure all their stuff gets automatically saved to the server and when they return they can just plop their house back down somewhere and pick up where they left off. Player pays for 15 days housing, show them on ui they have 15 days, if they quit and 15 days run out, save said house to server and house disappears. No harm, no foul. They come back, boom, ready to roll again. It's not exactly like we have to worry about not having a spot when anyone comes back, we already have the issue of too much dead space.

My two cents. Please Devs, read and consider. Thank you for your time.

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Next Thursday everyone who completes one of the Outskirts gets a deed. Stand by for a lot more homeowners looking for a place to stay.

Additionally, taxes are already reduced drastically. Castle lots went from 28,000 per day to 4,000. City is now 2k I believe, Town 1k, and Village 500g.

Edit: By already I mean they snuck that in like a week ago, or less.

majoria70, Retlaw and Jaesun like this.
  3. Cyin

Cyin Avatar

Player Owned Towns are set up and run by players who have invested money to have the ability to design and maintain their PoTs as they see fit. Some Governors may want desolated looking towns and they paid money to be able to design it the way they like. The way that PoTs are handled with fees to make changes such as moving, renaming, Pve-to PvP, I don't think your idea would make any sense.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  4. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I'm not a POT owner, but those people paid for what they got and don't think that should change.

The reducing of the amount of time before a tax free lot expires i can get behind, but only if the following is done

1) They get an email telling them about the change. Like the current expiry notice.
    2) They get the grace period they have now, it only reset to the new period when they log in.
    3) And the most important. Mechanics are changed so the property drops to their magic mover, not the bank. destroying 10s, 100s or even 1000s of hours of deco is not ok and a horrible way to welcome back returning players. Even if they don't have the magic mover space it should go to magic mover and over burden the amount and be unusable in the future until remediated (as it does with the bank).

Regards
    Spung

Cyin likes this.
  5. CICI

CICI Avatar

quest deeds will have to be pot only =) you can ez farm the gold to buy cotos to get any of the pa deeds :D

6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I have no issue small or sparsely populated towns. What I do think could be an 'advertising problem' is totally abandoned POTs on the overland map. By abandoned, I mean the owner told us they were leaving, hasn't been seen since (for ages) and the town is now empty without any buildings. Essentially its an empty scene that makes the game world work by the developers appear to be negligently incomplete. When that happens, after some reasonable period of complete inactivity, the dev team should remove that from the overland map. The number of POTs on overland maps is limited. So long as that is the case, the dev team should act, for the good of the game (putting its best foot forward) t0 place active towns on the overworld and push entirely inactive, not built out POTs, to a nested location somewhere nearby. I hope the team has some statistics by which they can measure this.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

True, a login timer, similar to housing claims, for unpopulated POTs would be a good idea.

8. oplek

oplek Avatar

Oh neat. I had just invested hundreds of dollars into a tax free lot, which now has half the value. Hopefully it does something for the game. I know this game's teaching me a lot of financial lessons, as well as changing my attitude as to how much I'll spend on any games, ever again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.