Need to rekindle my love affair with SOTA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elay, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

This was an epic post...amazing stuff, makes me realize how little I've been doing!

2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

To the OP: I think it's healthy to play offline games in addition to online games. Some days I play just SotA, others I play another game for an hour or two.

When I feel stuck in New Britannia, I look for people to socialize with. You've probably been everywhere and done everything, but others haven't and rediscovering some of these past joys can be almost as good as the first time.

Do you remember how cool it was when you manifested a ghost stallion in South Drachvald Spur? That's a great place to take new players.

Maybe newbie wrangling isn't your idea of a good time, but there are other social activities.

Good luck to you :)

3. Elay

Elay Avatar

Some great ideas in here, thank you everyone.. I've got a list of stuff i'm going try!

strangely, just the process of reading through these replies and some of the suggestions and things that people have done has really helped motivate me again!

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

That is great @Elay ! Don't forget to check out the Nature Reserve Tour in Dara Brae. Learn all about how Dara Brae is the spiritual successor of Skara Brae and celtic legends.

Elay and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Being able to drop items is one of LB's long-term goals. Presumably it would also be deco-synced between instances of the same area.

This. I am slowly coming out of my at least second burnout, the first one being the three months before persistence. But I am still maintaining daily oracle visit logins (usually over remote screen sharing from elsewhere in the house) and keeping my vendors re-stocked.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  6. eli

eli Avatar

Extending the sentiment of others: Try Atlas.. it has many similar concepts to the original sota vision like regional economy, open ended character creation, one character, player crafting oriented loot, as well as some of the stuff UO did better like land claims, custom building, full loot pvp servers and no pvp servers, guild and tribal warfare, commodity equipment, truly rare/precious equipment, better-than-player pets that are a chore to keep alive (even dragons), treasure maps, even the feeling of running around naked after spawn.

Along with following through with sota vision/uo legacy, it also includes lots of survival elements, player-skill melee, sailing mechanics, balanced FPS combat, ship-to-ship pve and pvp, base building/siege mechanics.

7. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

As many have said before do something else for a bit. A change is as good as a rest.

Upon your return you should find your interest renewed.

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.