Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Planets, Stars, Snow and rain have bad mechanics when moving

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Cear Dragon, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

Gia2 likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm confused. That video looks absolutely correct. When you're in first person, the rotation axis is at the center of the camera. When you're not in first person, the rotation axis is the center of your avatar's head, the camera rotates around it at some distance and the camera's position is changing.

Go outside IRL and make a video using the camera in your phone. Hold the phone at arms length with the camera pointed at your head and swing your arm around then take a look at that video and let me know if distant objects change their position relative to near objects.

3. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I'd like to chime in. The sky box moves when I move the camera, such that I can "push" the moon behind the horrizon or "pull" it up into the sky just by holding the right mouse button and turning the camera.

In the other thread it was mentioned that the depth of field settings might be responsible for the bug.

I hope it isn't difficult to fix :)

4. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

Thats not generally how games work which is the point of this bug report. However you may have given technical insight to why this bug is happening. Try any other third person game. Things may move slightly from parallax but you should not be able to control what planets are above or below the horizon.

If the sun made logical sense in SotA I could make it day and night with my camera when the sun is near the horizon.

See also: Arma: https://imgur.com/a/xWxrb4Q

Also note in the original linked thread I experience being able to move things around in first person but not third person, which is the opposite of whats happening in the youtube video.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Jason_M likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.