Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Snow and rain have bad mechanics when moving

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Cear Dragon, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

5/28/2018 8:23 PM
    Title: Snow and rain have bad mechanics when moving
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? NO
    Details:

Its always bugged me, no pun intended, that when you look up and around at rain, its totally dependent on your camera and not the scene. If you look straight up in the rain you will notice its forming in a circle above you and that if you rotate the camera in a circle the rain snaps to strange angles then resets when you are done moving. Rain should fall straight down. I should not be able to control it.

Snow operates differently but is just as awkward when moving side to side. In superstition Canyon the oddly periodic snow will follow your character from side to side as you strafe back and forth. I would recommend revisiting snowy weather in general. Rain is pretty soothing and realistic until you notice how dependant it is on your camera.

If you feel like this is more opinionated it could be of use in the dev forums.

Steps to Reproduce: Exist near snow and rain then move looking up or side to side
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Z GPU RAM: 6035
    SotA.Win.64.777.Date.05.18.18
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills01_SuperstitionCanyon
    Area Display Name: Superstition Canyon
    Loc: (319.0, 43.2, 251.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwMV9TdXBlcnN0aXRpb25DYW55b258fCgzMTguOTUzLCA0My4yNDksIDI1MS43NTgpfCgwLCAwLjQ1MSwgMCwgMC44OTIpfDc3My42NHwyMC41NjQ2Mnw2Ljk1MjQ0Ng==

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.