Alot of talk about I want , Rewards are weak, Give me, . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
    I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha)

I wanna really, really, really wanna zigazig ah!

Stretch goals always seem to pertain to particular themes, and those themes are typically seasonal or centered around particular events (Darkstarr birthday for example). So what are some cool themes?

1) Dueling
    2) Music
    3) Exploration
    4) Hunting
    5) Role-playing (costumes, and the like)

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Oooh I could see some more taunts, brandishing weapons, etc. Good idea @stealth_

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I would love to see elves that dont look like aliens. Dwarves ,orcs, goblins. Whole myriad of creatures they can choose. Krakens in large water spots in scenes. Even giant snakes would be nice.

4. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Putting placeable items on wall and fence pieces, tower platforms and rooms, being able to attach more than just banners and a little bit else to outer walls, improved stacking of deco (i.e. for the content of a fruit basket it is rather difficult to put the pieces together and have them look properly from each direction), other stuff like scrolls cannot be stacked at all.
    Reopen localization interface for approved translators sooner than later - the impossibility to correct these localization issues ingame a soon as I see them hurts.

Weins201 likes this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

A lot of the stuff that I "want" or that has been mentioned seems to require a lot of significant tech, or involves fixing really old broken systems or creating entirely new systems. There's a lot of low hanging fruit (like reverse the tavern counter) that would be great improvements.

The reality is at this point, if we want new "stuff" then such stuff needs to be funded. I don't know if its just me but we're seeing less and less improvements/additions to the core game and instead all the new things are being put up for COTO. I don't mind spending $ to support the game, but in the past, we used to get like - here's crafted elven furniture, or go buy ornate elven furniture. Here's a crafted table, and here's a fancier version to go buy. Crafted runic letters, fancy buyable runic letters. Lately, we're only seeing the "go buy it" stuff which I get it, we need to pay for the time it takes to create the stuff. But its digital - once created, there's no recurring material/manufacturing costs.

With that in mind, premium content that increases convenience over base content is a good seller:
    Crafting Bench ---> or buy expert bench with small bonus
    Vendor ---> or buy commission free vendor with no listing cost
    Tools ---> or buy premium tools that don't need repair (seriously, these were the first things I bought, ever ...missing a lot of potential $$ here)
    Bank at NPC --> or buy bank device to bank at home
    Deed --> or buy/upgrade to premium deed with no tax

So with that in mind, what are the biggest inconveniences for me where I see -fundable- solution?

1. Replacing secondary tools/molds ---- > buy premium tools that don't need repair.
    Cash sink impact: absolutely negligible Potential income: enormous

2. Agriculture water it yourself ---> buy kobold engineered sprinkler/irrigation system (perhaps optimistic). You'd have to lay this out, potentially using deco slots so you'd have less planting slots per lot, and you'd still have to fill it with water, but could save you some labor. Its pay for convenience. You could have a crafted variant and a shop variant that covers a wider area or is more water efficient, or something.
    Cash sink impact: negligible Potential income: enormous if done properly

3. Inventory management do it yourself---> buy some sort of premium inventory ledger/book/thing that places on the wall and allows you to see list of items on a lot, in containers, etc. Perhaps with the ability to move them to bank.
    Cash sink impact: none Potential income: I'd buy one of these for every single property I own and so would a lot of people I know. Its essentially paying for the tech to be created to help organize your stuff, and think of all the support ticket time that would be saved with the I lost my xx.

4. Travel / load screens --> Teleport stones/gates/clickies
    Cash sink impact: none Potential income: enormous
    Explanation: Since we've got zone teleport scrolls now linked to a cash sink functionality, getting from place to place does not need arbitrary obstacles. Consider the use of the player-town as a hub, other games have done this, where a statue/reward/thing is brought back from xyz scene and can be placed as and clicked on as a fast-travel item. Even if such item could only be keyed to one destination, and even if the cost to up-front buy and then attune the item was significant (like, feed it 500 zone teleports to activate it) , if it could be placed on a POT for open use, I know I'd buy a half dozen of these for my most often visited scenes and set them up over by the devotionals. Think of the things players would build "This is the mining hub" and you'd decorate it all up with pickaxes and lanterns and then you'd have the tele-things to the mines of different flavors. If you made it LOT deco not just POT, you multiply potential customers a hundredfold. Even at like, 25-30 bucks apiece, I'd probably buy 4-5 for my favorite spots and I think a lot of people would spend COTO at least to get 1 for their favorite spot.

5. Vendor Interface Improvements
    I know this one is hotly debated, but creating the tech to improve the current vendor situation, if its something that Port decides to do, to allow some sort of global search index / tool / bulletinboard / advertisement whatever -in game- instead of using the forums/discord like people do now - whatever object opens that interface would be a must-have purchase for every homeowner, guildhall, crafting area, etc. I'm not talking about removing the need to travel to someone's vendor, but the ability to search by item and return a list of locations, would improve a lot of things for shoppers and sellers. As I say, hotly debated. If the reason to not do this is that it needs to be funded, fund it by selling the apparatus that does so for Cotos.

The pay to win argument is a sticky one, but with cotos both dropping in game, being traded in game, and with the shop being an entire in-game thing now, we can get away with a bit more than we could before when there were things that could ONLY be gotten by shelling out cash. But seriously, I have enough sword patterns to outfit an entire army of sword users, and there is no room in my house for more furniture. Functional purchases are what my Cotos are being set aside for. Well, and ride-able cats. Or any cat-themed deco that I'd obviously have to buy. But other than that lol

Stevvcash, Widsith [MGT] and Cyin like this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Is that debated? I thought we were all ok with that but debate global auction house.

Chris sounded like the might finally get partial stack buying and selling in!!!

7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

YES! Great idea. Add the five Spice Girls NPCs in game. ;)

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

[​IMG]

9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

*laughing*
    How do you know how Aliens look like ;)
    Same thoughts in my mind!

10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I think he did get into it in his last stream.

11. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Have you looked at them up close...they look like the aliens from Mars Attacks. And yesterday while in Verdantis Mines i swear that one elf looked like Micheal Jackson

12. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Here is what “El Pirata” wishes:

1) Ship sailing/Battles both vs Sea and Land.

2)Longer hair styles and face shapes.

3) Different body shapes: Slim/Slim Plus/Medium/Medium Plus/Heavy.

4) Full size movable/Functional Catapults, let them launch granite blocks for PVP battles.

5) Parties of Parties for PvP, up to 32 (4) parties in one to avoid “friendly fire”.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

K1000 and Paladin Michael like this.
  13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Because you usual topic's are not a list of demands :rolleyes:

14. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Did you know that there is a wishlist forum? (link).

There are a lot of threads with demands/wishes and many threads even progress into them. There's also a release-specific feedback forum, and a myriad of other categories.

1) It would be cool if people used more focus and intention when posting on the forums, using specific categories and less General-Discussion scattershot
    2) Rewards tend to be theme oriented. These themes either pertain to real world events such as seasons, holidays and other broad yet relateable topics, or things which pertain the SOTA game-world itself, like when a new feature is added or highlighted perhaps because of a recent update.
    3) It might be fair to include re-skins as bonus additional rewards, in addition to fresh ones

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

No! Really? You tell me. Wait which forum is this one again.....

Boris Mondragon and Cordelayne like this.
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

seems some can not learn.
    Tutorial; on how to Ignore a Person on the Forums you do not seem to agree with, or just do not care to read their Posts . . .

STEP 1 - Over on the left side is a Window with the name, a Pic the Avatar uses and some information, LEFT CLICK on the Name
    STEP 2 - In the new window Left click on the word Ignore, it will change to Unignore. If you see Unignore then they are already ignored, you can confirm on that list in your profile.
    [​IMG]

After this it is your own fault if you actually read what some players post, and if you can not follow the rule and reply with something actually constructive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.