Favorite / most profitable a ways you make coin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedEyeZz, Mar 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedEyeZz

RedEyeZz Avatar

I appreciate the input!

@stealth2 I just meant killing mobs and selling loot is such a general statement that it's not going to help anyone. Maybe what type of mobs in what zones at "X" adv levels players could focus on?

@Weins201 I'm not talking about playing only for profit. I'm just interested in ways ppl like to make coin and this is also for new players to see and get ideas. I've been around since r23, I know a thing or 2 about Sota. Also I like getting raw knowledge incase there's other un orthodox ways ppl do it. It's just fun.

@Fetid SirDidy that's a great idea. On the cotton topic, was that island shardfall better for cotton then the grunvald shardfall that I go to for them???

Lately I've been killing tons of trolls and troll bosses to rack up mad gems and potions and selling them off for a decent profit while collecting troll parts and artis along the way. Before I was strong enough to do that I'd love finding great player vendor sell tab orders and selling them items at decent prices. ( gives you a reason to go chop down 500 trees if you know already a player vendor willing to buy them )

Currently I notice lich essence seems to sell fairly well. I may try to start stocking up our guild vendor in Novia Market with them, we'll see.

2. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

It's verdantis shardfall I believe. I'm not sure if it's better but I just remember there being a nice cotton route around the island + 3 reaper spawns and a spawn of elves for possible hilts or imbued strings once you get higher lvl.

3. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Okay - well If you're just starting the Soltown/Solania/Ardoris sewers is a good circuit. Once it becomes too easy, you can start throwing in the Spectral Mines... Although be careful at first as its easy to get swarmed by too many skeletons...
    Then you can still sell your stuff - and if you're really scraping for coin you can sell armor to the armor merchant and weapons to the weapon merchant and so on to get a few more coins per item...

But around this point I think most adventurers will have found many of their own places to monster-hunt...

The tier level on most scenes is pretty accurate - but don't be afraid to explore because you might find a lone mob that spawns in them which you can take down yourself.
    Its important also to know what you are fighting and if they have any particular weaknesses - Can't quite use Rend on skeletons or ghosts for example...

Don't be shy about running from place to place instead of buying lots of teleport scrolls, either, especially now that the overland map passes are unlocked.

And, really, don't be shy about /spending/ gold either... Sometimes its worth it to bite the bullet to figure things out.

4. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

I found the cotton in Grunvald Shardfall to be best, plus ore and run fast when the three dragons see you.

Verdantis is great for wood and some ore, cotton. Imo

Boris Mondragon and RedEyeZz like this.
  5. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

All the answers above, RedEyezz, can be summed into one word - I wanted to first say grind, and I wouldn't b far from the truth, but it's more about time investment. You have to play the game a lot, gain your good levels, then grind bosses or tough mobs hoping that you get some good drops, or spend a lot of time gathering resources and then sell them, or turn your hard earned $ into COTOS by selling cash store items on your vendor. If you prefer to play casually, the best way would be to play offline game. The drop rates are higher, your crafts sell to vendor for more - much easier to make money in other words, but it's offline, like a single player. Also, some people have their own tricks, but in this kind of small community, they won't give away their way of making money. Yet gain, it's all about how much time you have or want to spend in game. You can have very good crafted equipment and sell it on your vendor, or some rare drops, but really, the easiest way - you kill sentient mobs at your highest level and sell their loot. Explore, find chest, find rare mobs, and grind grind grind. Either you adventure or craft, you will have to grind. There is no magic sack with 100.000 coins that spawns on regular basis :). Well, Rada may have a pile of those in his house basement, not sure about the rest of people.

All the mines is a good way to make money. They are usually full of T5+ sentient mobs that drop gold and junk, you can mine and then sell resources and it's just fun overall. You can also do sieges, but I hear that loot was changed recently and sieges are not as fun anymore...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  6. Patchup

Patchup Avatar

As with most things in life ** consistency is king.** If you are consistent in your pricing, inventory, and availability you will get more people interested in your services/merchandise.
    People look for dependable sources for items. If you become known as a good source for X and always have some on hand, your reputation will sell for you. Being predictable is a good thing.
    If people know your vendor is always restacked on Thursdays, you will see people plan for this. If they know you always have items X,Y,and Z and sometimes A,b,and c. They will go to you for those items first.
    "I need some X. Smith has cheap prices but I know Jones will always have at least 100 in stock at a fair price. Plus Jones will have two of the other items I need."

Vladamir Begemot and Alioth like this.
  7. Patchup

Patchup Avatar

For the brand new player, the soltown crypts are great. run that place 3-5 times, sell your items to the blacksmith, repeat. It really is a good place for the new player as it is easy to sell off inventory and jump right back into the fight.

Jaesun, Vladamir Begemot and Alioth like this.
  8. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Seriously, for effort vs rewards = time spent, minus XP gains.... (depending on Your Level)
    Any Newbie zone, Rinse & Repeated can earn as much gold as any high Tier zone (of course minus the XP gains if you are a Higher Level))
    So if it is solely gold you want, go farm the lower level zones & sell all equipment/paintings, to a good NPC Blacksmith (Ardoris, Resolute. Soltown & Owls Head....) just to name a few good Blacksmiths who pay the "best gold" for crap....

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Weapon merchant in Desolis buys crap for high prices as well.

10. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Oakey in Little Elysium, a neighborhood in south west Aerie, also pays well for equipment.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Alioth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.