Tier 6 lich totems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

As per Chris on April 2nd stream,

In a rush to fix kobold totem to actually make a kobold 1 totem chris mistakenly made it make a kobold 2 totem. People who made a kobold 2 totem get to keep tier 2 kobold totem, tier 6 lich totems, due to thier intended extreme difficulty to craft, they will be converted to tier 1 kobold totems. Tomorrow in a patch hopefully turns on the actual drops in new rooms.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Oh, sorry, my irony detector must be faulty. :)

FrostII and Brass Knuckles like this.
  3. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

This thread neatly encapsulates much which has always been wrong with the game and continues to be so. No wonder it's in the state it is.

Astonishing.

Weins201 and Hornpipe like this.
  4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Feels like it has always been a problem with SotA.

But guess who is the pot callin' the kettle black, over here.

You know, the guy who will tell you what's an exploit and what is not, depending on what he abused himself or not :D:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Crowell likes this.
  5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Feel free to explain to me what I did you think is a exploit I’d love to hear it.

Is it really a exploit to make items according to the in game recipe? If that’s where the bar is for it to be a exploit then everyone in the entire game is guilty of an exploit. (Points at you to).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  6. Katu

Katu Avatar

Finding an exploit accidentally, reporting it and everyone using it, is a bit different, than actually exploiting it.

As others have stated, stuff like this cast a huge shadow over the game, that supposedly has a great community. Name the mass sellers, report em and kick ban from game.

7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Sooo I made one and only one totem at release launch because I was excited to see the kobald stuff I did not sell or trade totem.

I used the in game recipe to create the totem

@Hornpipe is accusing me of exploiting

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

(I'm just now catching up on this thread from my last post, so sorry if this is redundant or ignorant of important new information.)

Fair enough about your own role, but I'm sure you can understand why people would be under the impression that you were selling totems when you were advertising to the world that you were selling totems. In any case, it's not really my intention to tie you or anyone else to anything. Like I said before, I don't know who did what, and of course there could always be more to any story, or the story could even be completely wrong. I'm attacking the idea that somehow SotA's history wrt exploits is somehow a legitimate excuse for some of the behavior that's being alleged. It's not, and it's not even close. If you guys were defense attorneys and SotA was a bank that got robbed, your defense would look like this:

"Your honor, it's clear that this bank robbery was 100% the fault of the bank. They have no security cameras, no security guards, and they get robbed all the time. Other than basic human values and laws that explicitly state that robbery is illegal, how is anyone to know that robbing this bank would be wrong? Sure, it may seem wrong, but when other people are getting away with robbing the bank, who, other than almost everyone, could possibly resist trying to grab some of that sweet cash before some bank robber bastard gets it all?

The only real criminal here is the bank, who I would advise strongly to start acting more responsibly in order to ensure that no more bank robbers go free. And now, I'd like to kindly ask that my client be set free. Thank you, your honor. The defense rests."

Bow Vale and Malimn like this.
  9. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I didn't. No name was mentioned in my post. You are not necessarily the person I had in mind by the way. And as long as it's forbidden to call out a name in this regard according to the forum rules, don't waste your time trying to guess if you don't have an idea already. I won't be able to confirm anything. But I felt like it was interesting to mention how "exploit" can have a variable geometry depending on people using the word. Personaly, I saw at least two posters complaining about the exploit here abusing things that would have been reported in any other MMO without any delay, in order to avoid a permanent ban.

But sorry please go on. Don't pay attention to me.

Rada Torment and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Fair enough, it’s hard for me to include people in this scenario accountable of exploiting due to the fact that there are so many problems putting out clean and correct content. The only thing that bends any of this in my mind to saying exploit is the selling of them (totems) I have to ask did they know before listing item it was going to be nerfed. The recipes being wrong is portals fault for not testing a normal player will think they got a good deal and not I’m going to break the game since there is no devious mechanic to gain said totems only the recipe.

Cordelayne and Hornpipe like this.
  11. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I think using exploits is taking advantage of a broken mechanic of the game that is adressed as a bug, regardless of what use you do of it (selling, using for yourself, etc.). Unfortunately here in SOTA is a normal beahviour taking advantages of expolits because people already know that even if it will be fixed, the item/consequences generated by the exploit will stay and exploiters will not be banned, so at the end of the day, not taking advantage of exploits is just a penality.

I am sorry to say that but I still have exposed in my town an armour with +16 int wrongy generated in a crafting session, during the time you could get 2x major enchants of the same stats. I exposed it in my city and reported the bug ( never used it, never tried to sell it) waiting for my item to disappear, but it's still there, excatly like all the nightshades generated using an agriculture exploits (placing verticaly planting beds) used consequently for craft lot of deadly poison potions and generating crazy amount of crafting xp without spending money but earning, at the end COTOS generated by the house crafted by players sold for cotos are still there too. Those are just 3 of the infite number of exploits used by players which have never been banned and consuequences of their exploits have never been cancelled.

I am not pointing out names nor accusing anyone, just pointing out that many people take advantage of bugs/exploits cause this behaviour is not punished but even rewarded, since they can keep their product done with bugged mechanics.

kl4nk likes this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

That’s funny you say that I remember when antrax showed me how to exploit the window teleport thing in bloodbay. ;) I was pissed because people where getting into my locked house and antrax showed me how they were doing it.

That imop is a real exploit vrs following a recipe. Subverting a game mechanic is on a whole diffrent scale than using a poorly implemented recipe.(for the record the window tp thing was fixed along time ago)

13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Oh there was a time that you could get as many prints from the undelivered mail quest for over a month, the geisterseleens, the humilty banners. There is so many things its hard to think of them all. Dont jump on Elrond about it, he advertises many of the vendors in crafters town, and it was my totem in there. Admiral got his coin back, I have none for sale.

14. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Way more funny that i was the first one to report it and showed it to you in way that you could put walls in front of your windows and avoid having exploiters in your home.

Maybe you meant "Thanks Antrax for reporting it and showing me how to counter a serious exploit".

15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Well your facts are slightly wrong I reported it to Chris on the bloodbay channel it was obvious it was news to him. As far as showing me how “they” were doing it I do appreciate that.

My point is the same... that was a real exploit using a recipe that you thought was going to give you one thing but you got another is NOT a exploit. No one got banned for that or there was the masterwork and log out if you didn’t like the choices exploit that no longer exists I did not hear of anyone getting banned for that one either.

16. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Sure...using a recipe expecting one thing and not getting it is not an exploit, at least for the FIRST time, if it was unknown to the person making at least...BUT then either making more or selling that item for XX million in a RMT game for gold certainly is. Personally i think an exploit that can generate gold and thus profit is far more damaging to a game that touts RMT as one of its cores than something that abuses game mechanics for likely little monetary advantage. However, the short of it, if it not meant to work that way and you take advantage of it more than once and don't report it, then that is exploiting. In my book, banned, and if this had been the case from the beginning then it likely bugs would be reported and profiteering incidents like this kept at a minimum.

Honestly, this thread and the reasonings people had for doing along with the seemingly many other exploits that have been happening with no banning or punishment to the offenders leaves me extremely sad. I thought this game had coding behind the scenes to inform when this/that was being generated and gold etc made and i had trusted the devs that anything untoward would be stamped on...not even a slapped wrist it seems is/was given.....dissapointed.

Kudos at least to the ones admitting their involvement, not so to the ones weedling out of their involvement with weak justification by themselves and friends. The older names of this game should be the ones setting the example to others and encouraging a fair game for all by reporting such issues. The older players are or should be the true guardians of the game/ip, its their baby as much as the developers. The developers are human, lacking in resources and attempting to give players fun and a good game, even though their actions on punishment are severely lacking they should expect support from the players and older/named players at least to help them and not hinder them by abusing their lack bandwidth for their own advantage. But sadly like any at the top of the food chain in anything related to humanity they are likely to be the most dishonest. Got advantage, keep advantage by any means. If this game dies they can at least partly blame themselves, which they wont as this thread as a prime example indicates that many wont take responsibility for their own actions.

17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’ve said many times selling the totems changes my narrative.

There are a lot of innocent people who have crafted these.

I said leave them because of the people who bought Them.

I do feel that portal bears some ofnthesponiciblty here no excuse for not fully testing the recipe before launching.

Cordelayne likes this.
  18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Its all fixed now, all level 6 lich totems are now level 1 kobold ones, and its 100 kobold essence to make a level 1 totem.

Dhanas and Brass Knuckles like this.
  19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

someone in discord mentioned that the kobold 1 recipe is still making a L6 lich, but i ain't testing it.

edit: ah, never mind, may be a update issue

20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

When the recipe is for one thing, and it produces another, that is an obvious bug.
    Profiting from an obvious bug is exploiting a bug.
    Exploiters should be treated accordingly.
    Those that purchased the products of the exploit will be punished with the next patch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.