PvP Should Be Like This:

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by aparks, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

She knows all about you apark! PVP Centric, UO bashing! Youll never guess she used to be L33T PVP in UO! but on another point finally she is right about gatherers having teeth, and can fight back! but they will choose not to come into pvp thus thier teeth will be rounded and ground down from eating bark and berries, but no meat! So their teeth will never form pointy points for tearing into thier enemies!

Time Lord likes this.
  2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Im so glad i found your thread! and my Old friends, it was getting boring around here! this time they will have to deal with two of us, and im not on a solo mission anymore! (see the game just got better we are interacting on a multiplayer social; level, like they want!)!

Time Lord likes this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i would pay out a **** load of money if they turned around and said "from now on this game is full loot open world PVP!" id put a **** load of money! to back it!

Time Lord likes this.
  4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

YEAH we should stop listening to the anecdotal experiences thrown around on these forums! Your absolutely right! So i would say just stop throwing them around pleeeease, just talk about what you know, and if you know more than us then your a Dev and your breaking a legal contract on spilling the beans on things!

Time Lord likes this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

that would be great! because then you would have to come to PVP land! maybe thats the crossover to getting a chance to PVP! I like that idea! Alot!:mad:

Time Lord likes this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

AMEN!

Time Lord likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

he was saying that becuase he made a game where you could PK, and it was legit! oops! He realized he let this happen too bad and it didnt stop after that episode with the thief, everyone did stuff not expected like, blocking all entrances to trinsic with furniture, fogot to put immunity on when speaking to the masses LB!? **** happens and then it get fixes (updates) the reason for that statement was just when you think you have it all figured out you dont! But he did like PVP!

Time Lord likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

How can that be fails especially UO seem to me you personally failed it, while thousands and thousands kept playing! Not to mention it 2014 and UO is still more active than you think (since you dont like it or play it) what you forgot there was your IMO brackets! You are like me if i leave this game forever dont really matter to them not a huge loss, just like when you quit UO not a big loss and didnt really matter if they lost you! :) throwin out some equilibrium there!

Time Lord likes this.
  9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Maybe that will be their downfall as people stop playing!? The reason the whole game does not make it!

Time Lord likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

but with the slider its the same world as RG said so it will never have scenarios for us PVPr, and when he tries to mix the two with a special item oh lord pull out the tissue becuase PVE non pvp partial pvp etc... will whine about it just like you all did! do i agree with you having to go to pvp for a quest, no! but man did you all whine over that! Oh and i just wanted to make a point when you ask for a Duel your being a braggart nothing more! No respect for you!

Time Lord likes this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

they are not even making anything for us UO fans! where do you get all ultimas? I havent seen a damn thing for UO fans!

Time Lord likes this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

It was a backfire! stop BS'ing just own up to it!

Time Lord likes this.
  13. aparks

aparks Avatar

LOL. I honestly don't know why they these role player guys even come to the PvP section.
    I believe its just to start drama with us PvPers voicing our opinions.
    I don't see how PvP would affect them if we had a stand alone pvp server seperate from a pve one.

I can't express this enough-> Being able to pop in and out of PvE/PvP mode will hurt the game for both gamer sides.
    These two styles of gameplay could never co-exist and have a stable game world economy.
    Also PvPers will lose the reason why they play Full Loot PvP Games. We play to get an adrenaline rush. We achieve that adrenaline rush by crushing other players anywhere in the game world and coming up in the world based on our own abilities to overcome others in battle. We then are rewarded for our risk by stealing loot we need for more pvp or for selling for gold.
    If PvPers could just simply hit the WAR Toggle button and pop into PvE mode 100% safe from other players and farm outrageous amounts of gear. Than when we go back to PvP we will find that killing people for items has lost all of its appeal because the items we are getting don't matter because we can farm it safely all day long in safe mode. We also lose that sense of paranoia we love. Always looking around seeing if someone is going to jump out and attack us. It adds to the adrenaline rush.

The only way I see these 2 worlds merging is if people have a PvE toon seperate from their PvP toon or a 1 time choice of a single toon (You can choose to go PvE or PvP only once and are stuck).
    But than game economy will suffer in either scenario if the two sides don't have their own server.
    Non-PvP worlds will have overflowing amounts of any and all items in general and economy will essentially be over inflated, but as long as they all live in the same world than everything is equal and it doesn't matter to be inflated.
    PvP worlds have better in-game economies because of item usage and loss and the lack of crafters and gatherers when compared to a 100% crafter/gatherer server. If PvPers could simply TAB over into peace mode and get rich in safety than this will add to inflation. PvPers no longer become dependent on buying gear from gatherers and crafters because we can now do it ourselves without any hardship from other PvPers. And this than brings me back to my point about making PvP reward-less because if we can get the loot in pve mode 100% safe, all gear we get from pvp or lose in pvp wont matter at all because our banks are full of items we got in safe mode.

I understand you role players and crafter/gatherers want to play in safety and become a Lord of a castle and have every item in the game and 6 billion gold and want to get married to your wife's character in-game and when you feel gutsy you want to hit a QUE tab for arena dueling that has no item loss or wager bets because you don't really want to lose your godly golden armors, you just want to role play as a knight in a tourney like in Game Of Thrones.

I think that's awesome for you people that get-off on that.

I just ask that you let us PvPers get-off on a open world pvp server seperate from your role play server. This will bring in more players to both worlds and essentially make more money for the game company. Also it free's up 50% of houseing for you crafter/gatherers/roleplayers on your server and we all know you guys want a house to role play in with your wife.

Ara, BillRoy [ab] and blaquerogue like this.
  14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I'm not asking for something we know SotA will not be. If I asked for Ulitma X then you could pose your question.

*Read the post by Evil Superhero a posts below mine
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...p-should-be-like-this.7299/page-4#post-124290
    Pretty much sums it up.

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Doesn't need to use a mechanic from UO. He is using his knowledge of gaming making, that includes other games too, such as Tabula Rasa.

16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Maybe you should exercise the forum's ignore feature, your temper can't handle my posts.

Aeryk, Akeashar, Ferrus and 2 others like this.
  17. Evil Superhero

Evil Superhero Avatar

If you hadn't noticed, people aren't heavily arguing against your idea. What they are doing is pointing out that these design decisions have already been made.

Like this:
    "I think many of those points are against the design decisions made and promised for the game."

"You may want to read up on the game mechanics that have been outlined by the devs so far. Things like a "there is a single world", and how "selective multiplayer" will operate.
    Given a better understanding of what designs have already been laid out for the game will help you mold your thoughts into suggestions that will actually fit this game."

"But I don't think, that Portalarium wants to split it's online player base, like you're suggesting in your first point..."

"It is good to have strong feelings about things.
    However, in my opinion, creating multiple servers goes against the "there will be *no* instanced housing" tenet defined by Richard during Kickstarter.
    Frankly, I do not see the need for it anyways : Selective multiplayer provides the means to segregate PvP and non-PvP users in the same world, without the need for physically separate servers. :)"

"Selective multiplayer will let you be in an open world PvP server. It will also allow PvE players to be on a PvE server. We all can have the game we want here."

"The Devs have a great system and this is what was promised to us all during Kickstarter. I would rather this concept be refined than going back to the standard silos that the gaming market has today. All your other points could be possible for the mode of play you want to play in. We just don't know enough yet."

"You will be basically on separate servers for all intents and purposes, and you will be with other awesome like-minded players. The only thing you won't have are non-PvPers to gank. But you wouldn't have that if you were on a regular PvP server in another game either.
    This game could be your dream come true...you just have to let it happen and trust in the vision of RG/LB."

We all get what you want. Most people here have been trying to inform you of what they know about the system that RG has envisioned. Your continued assertions that what you want are important and that the new system won't work(despite the fact that you seem to know little about it) are likely to fall on deaf ears. You might as well be asking then to make the game a sci-fi fps. RG *wants* to give you the game you desire, but he is going to do it *his* way, based on his many years of experience in the game industry.

Nobody is really shooting down your ideas. They are just trying to tell you that you are banging your head against a door that is unlocked already.

P.S.: RG was already very wealthy by the time he made UO.

18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

which was pvp!

Time Lord likes this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

oh i love the challenge! after all i am full PVP! I didnt think you and Nrass needed be reminded!

Time Lord likes this.
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

the game mechanics may be the one thing that kills this game! loses profits etc... its still soon enough to change things! for example they were going to have no jumping and then everyone wanted jumping and they changed the mechanics! now we can jump! the game is not completed yet! Imagine for once if they changed the mechanics to full loot pvp all around no slider! alot of people would leave this game ones that paid a **** load of money to get it designed, there will never be a median point between pvp and pve, unless they have thier own worlds/shards, that could double portalariums profits, and at that point please all! So its not to late to change things and change is what is really needed or they will lose half of thier supporters to another game! That doesnt seem like a profitable business! in my opinion! What alot of pve dont realize is we pvp want you to have things your way but also want things our ways! So far everything is leaning towards a soft PVE game with nothing for PVPrs, thier goal was to have something for everyone last i heard!

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.