PvP Should Be Like This:

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by aparks, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

Dude, you're right! WoW, EQ, EQ2, Runescape, City of Heroes... all epic fails....

Ooops, forgot my sarcasm brackets!

2. aparks

aparks Avatar

Well all I'm going to say is I would prefer that we had separate servers for pve and pvp.

or

If both player groups are on 1 server, than the pve and pvp modes SHOULD not be switch-able and players should get a 1 time choice of being a pve'er or pvp'er.
    (PvE'ers can duel in arena's but not do open world pvp and pvper's can also duel but they can never get safe pve zones.)

Ara and blaquerogue like this.
  3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

What I am picturing from the information given so far:

- Economy that is PvE founded but there will be items of value that will require PvP mode.
    - Guilds can flag full time PvP
    - Meta server that matches play styles (guilds flagged full time PvP will run into other flagged guilds more often)
    - Hex scenarios that draw players in, some will require PvP
    - No doubt this list can go on but that's enough for off the top of my head

From the PvP perspective, if you want full PvP, it's yours. Log on and go buck wild. As you travel the world you will encounter scenarios tailored to PvP and will likely only see other PvPers.

From the PvE perspective, As you travel the world you will encounter scenarios, some will make it clear that they are PvP, cross the thresh hold and you are open to attacks from other players. Do not cross the thresh hold and you might never see PvPers.

Friends/Family list could alter your visibility to PvP/NonPvP.

4. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

You will be basically on separate servers for all intents and purposes, and you will be with other awesome like-minded players. The only thing you won't have are non-PvPers to gank. But you wouldn't have that if you were on a regular PvP server in another game either.
    This game could be your dream come true...you just have to let it happen and trust in the vision of RG/LB.

docdoom77, Time Lord and NRaas like this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

They could always hire me and my mercenaries from "Mercenaries Inc" You are right there is about half and half want pvp full /dont want pvp full. Dont be discouraged by the posts you get on here noone really knows whats going to happen yet, even if they think they know what their talking about with PVP!, The designers havent even touched that yet when they do a huge bonfire is going to appear and some people will leave this game all together, never turning back! There are too many good games out or coming out to rely on this one solely! but like you i wish for that PVP full Loot world/server!

BillRoy [ab] and Time Lord like this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

not to mention that would add more users to the game! ones that have said screw this game! may come back and invest more!

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Open PVP should be outside of cities most cities have guards! those guards kill people if they openly attack people in a city! It would be stupid not to have a safe city to run too, it worked in UO, WOW, And many others, theyre like "police" if your in a city it has rules and if they are broken you pay the price!

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

So he shouldnt voice his opinion? Its not just his opinion unfortunately! He is just making a suggestion!

Time Lord likes this.
  9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

UO games are great the graphics are outdated, its like you going back and playing an ultima game when theres a perfect updated game like this here for you and the other people that ae in disagreement on PVP

Time Lord likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

It keeps the PVP'r around funneling money into this game! Like it keeps the other side of that spending ridiculous money on a game thats not even out!

Time Lord likes this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

we can also ask you why not go back to playing Ultima games up to UO! Oh, i forgot this game is already leaning towards non pvp anyhow!

Time Lord likes this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ill play Perma death if you do Primerib! As long as we can make a new character after perma death!

Time Lord likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

always non pvp, partial pvp or whatever the hell name they can make up! Coming into forums and just destroying it! A suggestion as well as an opinion, thats all i ever here from you non pvp, non hardcore players "everyones opinions matter" is all i ever here from most of you! just to turn around and stomp all over someone else's beliefs and suggestions! but the difference is youll get away with it! NRaas, im calling your bluff your not a pvp'r! If you want to prove different ill have my slider as far to PVP i can! I would love for you to come find me in PVP! Bring Ristra and the rest with you if they will even come into PVP!:cool: I can take care of a bunch of feelings at once then afterward get back to playing my PVP game!

Time Lord likes this.
  14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

this thread was fine until the pro PVE came in here! and once again messed things up! Now im fired up! i can see a few posts getting the "Currently being reviewed" statement on them but im with you!! On this! there is no problem making two separate worlds i would'nt even want to play with half of them in game, and it would not hurt me one bit if i never saw them! Or had to deal with them! They can stay in thier little world! plus on top of everything if they opened another server for PVP SoTA would be getting more money to put in game! Everything youve said so far im totally down with! Your like the spark! and im the blaque powder! :) Im fired up now! lol

Time Lord likes this.
  15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

hes not using any mechanic from UO! only thing hes using is the britanny name! and a couple things he has copywright on! Nothing else even resembles UO, and you guys keep preaching this is not made as an improved or better or updated UO, so to hear that from you is like you going against what your preach!?

Time Lord likes this.
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

And Lots of people hate the old ultima games as well, good for its time, but outdated big time and if you create something like open world PVP and then turn your back to it, its a hard thing for people like me and others like me to to move on accept a lame version of a good game! Ultima Online finally got rid of the lameness of Ultimas, and came our with a new and improved version called "Ultima Online" why go back to a lame game you made great??thats my opinion hate or like it i could care less!

Time Lord likes this.
  17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Then that is your opinion, and your entitled to that, Like you i played the Ulimas and didnt like them at all but i did like UO a hell of alot!! There we have it Ned888 , face to face same reasons to not like the others ways! I accept it!

Time Lord likes this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You know what ned! , im sorry i never asked you why you didnt like UO? There might be a good reason there! Why didnt you like UO?

Time Lord likes this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ill never be flip flopping back and forth and i sure as hell wont be dumping more money into a game that doesnt look out for me as a PVP'r and is leaning towards "We are the world"! types! Start catering to us the PVP and maybe SoTA would get more money to invest in thier super duper buddy game!

Time Lord likes this.
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Oh GOD! Here we go again!:mad:

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.