Data scientists need not apply

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mimner, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I find the issue a bit more frustrating in pick up groups and I get why. I join a pick up and I’m wanting to kill an hour doing something but every 15 mins people are bailing because they hit attenuation for me it’s more of a physiological issue personally I don’t care so much about xp any more. I’m more interested in a dungeon experience but not everyone is my level and our objectives are mismatched. I don’t blame them I blame the attenuation system.

Fister Magee likes this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

What if the goal is to become stronger in order to compete in PVP? What if I am a relatively new player and I want to compete with high end players? How much time it will take for me with attenuation? There are people level 120-130 which grind 8/h per day, getting around 9kk xp daily, how can a new player ever compete and try to be the best thinking he has to grind for like 1 year to reach that level, because even if he has time to invest grinding, the game will block him.

Another problem is if you are a relatively casual player, and you have time to play just 2/3 h per day, you will be forced to get no more than 3kk per day, even if your personal skills and character skills allow you to make it faster. If you put to yourself the goal to reach a certain lvl or a to lvl up a certain skill and you want to grind unless you do it, the game force you to play 15 min per h and wait 45 min, if you don't do that circle, you will get less xp, and you will need more time to reach your goal.

Forcing people to have break after just 10/15 min of gameplay, doesn't help to retain players in the game, they most likely play other games while they wait ( i saw it happening many times ).

I liked the game as it was times ago, with death decay and no double xp and attenuation, but i understand some changes were needed to follow the trends and please a more larger public and potential players/customers. In my personal opinion, attenuation should be fixed or removed but replaced with another system which make it difficult, but not boring and annoying, to level up for higher level players and easier, but not boring and stupid, to level up for average players. Another solution could be adding a sort of cap to skills, like you can't exceed over a certain lvl in every skill using xp, but you will need something different, like points or something acquirable doing determinate contents ( maybe not expolitable , pls :D )

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Just because players do that does not mean it is the best path for the game. Perhaps they do that because it is there and nothing else that interests them is. Now that is not the case with me but for many it may be. Making content to appease the high end player is fine and we must have high end content for sure but to just keep doing it without more to it will never end. There has to be more reasons than grinding and trying to be the best or otherwise it will eventually get old and the cry for more will continue.

What will make these new things live on victoriously? As I mentioned it will be the 'what's more' that does not get added in to the new content or even the game in general. Take for example a group strategizing how to win. Where are those reasons and team play or even more importantly 'game play'. We don't have a raid system and we need it to continue to create for this game.

@DarkStarr Please put this on top of the jira to get a much needed basic in the game along with a timer system to show the count down on screen for timed events. Also please provide us with timer tools ourselves including the horn or whistle start and end sound. Now I don't say we should become WOW but leaving out content that provides one of the something more tools is important to any multi player game. What we are getting imo is just not enough of the details to provide for all types of players. It will grow stagnate at some point without extra details such as lore, daily quests for those areas, rewards, titles etc.

Ok so watch these raid teams fight for the goal and say this type of thing is not missing in this game. I am not saying every detail of this exactly but as an example and Chrystoph this is not just at you I do get what you are saying but to continue the conversation. Ok here are examples:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.