What's the best town/area to buy a home?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harry Online, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harry Online

Harry Online Avatar

i have a few million in gold and need to move out of my parents basement:D what should i buy and where should i go?

i'm still hanging around starter areas questing and crafting but now i want a home:)

2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Well at first you should have a PoT row deed after completing the outskirt scene and you will get another PoT village deed once you complete the three story paths + the oracle quest line. So generally no need to buy a deed in the beginning.

By the way you can even upgrade your deeds. By doing a right click on your current deed you will see different option and the needed Cotos. If you have the needed Cotos the deed can be transformed this way into the larger one.
    The needed Cotos you can get as random loot, by buying them from avatars or by buying them direct from Portalarium.

The row already starts with a basic house but for every other lot you will need a house or you will have just an empty piece of dirt...but even that you can decorate. ;)
    Houses you can buy at NPC vendors and sometimes from avatars. Oh and of course there are also some houses in the addon store.
    There is also the option to craft your own house but as this needs 100 carpentry skill I guess nothing for a beginner.

About the location I would guess it is important what you want to do with the lot.

If you would like to focus on selling stuff you should take a look at the main NPC towns like Brittany or the trading PoT hubs that often has “market” or something similar in their name.
    By entering those PoTs you will see many row houses in lines and you could be one of them. The governor of the PoT you might have to contact before you can claim a lot is declared right below your compass at the top of your screen.
    In much frequented NPC towns the good spots are most likely already claimed but if you take a look you might still find a good spot. It might also help to talk with the town crier NPC as he can show you a list of all lots and help you to find them.

If trading is not that interesting to you and you are more or less a lone wolf should take a look at the more remote NPC towns or PoTs in a region you would like to explore.
    If there is a PoT with just plane surfaces you most likely can skip this town as the PoT governor has in most cases currently placed no infrastructure and not even reside in his own PoT. But if there is at least one house visible at the overworld map you can take a look if you like the PoT.

If you are a social avatar who likes to talk a lot with other avatars you know I would suggest to first search a guild. Most likely the guilds have chosen a town as their “headquarter” and this way it would be reasonable to claim your lot there or nearby.

If you would like to stay in contact with new avatars and want to help them looking at a lot in the Outlander Welcome Center or similar PoTs might be your best choice.

If you are uncertain just take a look and claim a lot that seem to be a nice spot. You can always release the lot and move to another spot.
    If you already placed decoration and a house putting your house into the magic mover might be a good choice before releasing the lot. This way you can place the same house and the decoration at the same spot at the new lot location without the need to do it again manually. As long as you place the house in the same town this is free of charge but placing the house by using the magic mover in a different town will cost some Cotos.

Edit: Added "PoT" to the quest deeds in the first sentence to make it less misleading.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also to claim a lot in an NPC town you would need a place anywhere deed which doesn't come from the outskirts quests. I was able to get my row deed in about 10 minutes from doing a very few quests. Captain Kinsey gave the deed I got.

So many Player owned town called POTS for short have their vacant lots marked claimable by anyone as is the case in Wizards Rest. No need to contact anyone but an occasional hello in passing is nice. A welcome letter is always sent out to newcomers to town. The Town has no deco rules.

We are located behind Owlshead in Hidden Vale.
    We are a snowy climate.

So check around to see a town you like. Some towns are guild towns, role-playing towns, and there are even pvp towns.

I will be returning the end of September since I'm out of town in RL but players in town will also send you a welcome while I'm gone. Again I'm Majoria in game.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

If you have a PA deed: Brit fields is pretty central and always has space left.
    If you have a PoT deed: depends on what you want to do. NBM is pretty nice in my opinion and well stocked.

5. Harry Online

Harry Online Avatar

nice, love Winter...see you soon neighbour:D i bought alot of songs from a shop so i will be blasting my music very loud annoying all of you plus my pet eagle will poop everywhere :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    majoria70, Rentier, Tayaharan and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.