1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Show your Crowns on the foot of the Inventory Window, as with Gold.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Steevodeevo, Sep 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

It would be useful, given Crowns are another form of currency, if the amount you have could be seen on the bottom of the Inventory screen as with your Gold.

Currently Crowns seem to be treated like general Inventory Items*, like materials, tools, loot and weapons rather than as a currency. This means that to find how many you have requires you to filter your inventory or scroll to them potentially through a long list of Inventory junk.

* I guess they would still need to be listed in the Inventory as omitting them from there could prevent them from being traded and exchanged.

It is just a thought. It would be interesting anyway to hear whether Players and Port consider crowns to be valuable inventory items or currency. Certainly they are currency in so far as they are needed for the Crown shop. Perhaps they are both?

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'd be in favor of something like this, I think the only trouble is because they are actual inventory items. I have some on me, some in my bank, some placed as deco, some in a box, etc. Just showing the total I have in my inventory doesn't really add much functionality wise, as could simply filter for this. If you open the shop interface, it does show at the bottom somewhere how many crowns you have in your inventory, so if you're actually looking to buy something, you can already see this.

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I think Crowns should be treated like gold also. Gold is only held in inventory and has no weight but it is always available and can be mailed, traded, and used with vendors. If Crowns were treated the same way we could always have it available and it would also loose any weight it had. I give this OP a +5!

Steevodeevo likes this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yes, make crowns usable to buy things from PC vendors.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

But you can't deposit gold in chests.

Its actually a pretty annoying aspect of gold not being an inventory item. If you're holding a guild event and want donations, instead of just putting out a chest for donations, you have to do something like set up a vendor where people buy slips, or ask people to mail it; both of which are more complex and limited. Its at one area in which the way COTOs are handled is better and offer more flexibility.

6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings redfish
    I agree that being able to bank it would be better for gold coins but several games that I have played allowed banking the currency and I always had a problem when I wanted to buy something I had to remember to run to the bank first. Having coins and COTO on you at all times and not count toward inventory means they are always there to spend and can not be stolen. As for donations just have 1 person, treasury person or event manager, accept donations. Having currency with me and safe and still being able to mail, trade, or spend is would be more convenient to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.