Journal Change?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallin Tregres, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

I was wondering about player dungeons. I'm inferring here that they aren't quite done yet. Is the player quest system in? If not, they're just more adventure zones when we had plenty...

Way back, I was complaining about them working on player dungeons for that reasons... that they had more important things to work on. So here we are down the road, and they're distracted by a distraction from a distraction from a distraction from a distraction. Clearly, my concepts of priorities don't align with theirs.

2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Yes, just an "abandon this particular quest" option would be great. They could even put it right there in the menu with the Hide/Unhide this task command.

The Hide/Unhide ought to be much more widely promoted too, that would probably help a lot of people whose quests might not be bugged, they just want to do them in some coherent order, not have their task list cluttered with things that "almost impossible to achieve" or will take them across country, while they can't quickly find the simple nearby things to do.

This is such a perfect analogy. I wish it wasn't. I wish there WAS some indication that any dev with the power to change things was listening, but I haven't seen any.

I'm tempted to just copy that metaphor in as a stream question, since at least I know they read those, even if they don't respond. @oplek, do you mind if I do? Do you want to be credited if I do? (Might be safer not to have your name attached, I don't know :) )

Astirian and Cordelayne like this.
  3. oplek

oplek Avatar

Go ahead! No credit needed. I do get the impression I'm treading on thin ice these days.

Cordelayne and Bedawyn like this.
  4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Thanks! Not sure I will use it, I try to pick my timing when the mood seems right. But I appreciate having the option.

5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

If it works then I will start sending you my requests on things that need to be completed and you can hit them up with the question on the stream.
    I would really love to have an "Abandon" quest button.

Astirian and Bedawyn like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

They are done in the sense that the ability to make one is in and mostly working. But they are missing a lot of transition pieces between the different styles, and a bunch of other features. (It's also super dumb that the crafted foyer/entrance isn't in the style of all the other craftable dungeon pieces, but in the style of the crown store pieces.) Granted, most of these features were "hey, we're thinking about seeing if we can pull this off" and not promised features. Player quests are not in. I think that is episode 2 content.

7. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

As a returning player from a year ago, I agree, the Quest Journal is a bit of a mess. It was annoying last year and I can see it hasn't been touched since. I would love to see a revamp of the Quest Journal, make it more streamlined and easier to work with. In fact, I tend to avoid any sort of lengthy quests, and the backlog of quest I have will need to be completed eventually, so I'm hoping a Journal revamp will be coming soon

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't think anyone is treading on thin ice any longer in making constructive feedback in a respectful manner. The devs know the game needs that now. I truly wish for more work to be done that doesn't involve just adding new areas and content. Let's fix what isn't working for players first in the way the game works. Putting icing on top of it is not helping. We can do that later. Lack of focus on systems in this game has always been my biggest complaint. We need cooking to be addressed. It has one skill and not enough reasons to use lower tier recipes. It needs some type of masterworking master-chef skill to improve recipes and more use of alcohol in recipes to make brewing more viable.

We also need an in game achievement/task system to give us goals and an extra reason to visit areas of the game. This should also include daily quests in areas that change out and could be progressive if you have done them so many days for better rewards. There should be pvp quests, crafting quests, etc. Quests to find lore and locations that help to tie the world together in interesting ways.

I agree so much about the journal. I'm away from my home so I can't post examples but we have had many threads on the journal system that did have pictures of examples.

Please please devs come back to focus on what's important. Adding new content is important but not without taking care of missing important focus on the lists of things players have complained about for years. Like the journal, quest system, etc. We also need that raid system. We will be happy to outline our items of importance anytime well of course I would. ;).

I always ask players to join me in speaking for the good of the game and content is definitely not all that is needed.

9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I just cut a few sentences from a thread I posted about first impression:

If new players leave, because of their first impression,
    which is obviously: how the game starts, story, quests, UI, "quality of life",

how helpful is it,

first to do things like
    - skill balance
    - more decorations
    - more dungeons
    - new scenes
    - new quests
    - high tier content

? ? ? ?

Currently scenes are re-worked, new dungeons are designed,
    but how "story/quest/tasks/journal works together with UI" is essential for the game ...

And if players have left the game, as told(!), because of that, shouldn't this be priority 1?

New players can't manage the (great!) skill system, pvp, high tier dungeons!!!
    They just can follow the quests to get into the game - and that's their first impresson!

They are not interested, how great all those possibilites are, they can do later (housing, skill management, pvp, high tier scenes, ...)

The only thing what may keep them, is a story, they can follow with interest and fun.
    After that they are prepared to go on to do all the other stuff, they may have heard about and what this game has to provide ...
    ... and for sure this game has so much, but sadly alot of people won't get there :(

Last month I did the 3 paths with two new Avatars, to prove:
    - quests are NOT bugged as hell (of course, there are a few things which aren't working well! But it's not that worse, like a few people are telling. Watch my bug reports about ;))
    - starting with path of love isn't the best solution, because it is the HARDEST path of those three! [---> New players have to know about the fact they have to do the Outskirts first! <---]

If you like, scroll down inside the thread about "the first impression counts so much - simplicity and joy is a key to staying somewhere" to find my last conclusions :)

Just one last example:
    I was asking for Journal Chapters (Love, Truth, Courage, ...) over 5 years.
    Look into the Crown Shop. There it is, what we need so urgently inside the Journal ...
    It seems not to bee so difficult to provide this, I assume.

It would help (not only) new players to get a fast overview about what to do - and where ...

However:
    I really hope, creating Episode 2 content starts with Release 71 focusing on what most of us were talking about the last 5 years ...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Rentier and Sulaene Moon like this.
  10. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Having the option to abandon a quest would be nice as long as they dont recend the xp and gp for it. But once its been abandoned you can no longer get it again. Or if you get the option to do a quest you can deny it and not get stuck doing it if you dont want to. Not sure how that would work though. Not every NPC has a quest so would be hard to navigate around them to avoid quest givers. And NO i dont want floating exclamation points over their heads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.