SotA Dev Hangout 4.2.13 ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireLotus, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

With FireAngel:

X2

If you want to call this griefing control - then please discuss how that will be done.

2. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

Here is a tough question (prob for another day), but I would like it on the table:

Tracy mentioned something about open-ended story telling, which sounds great. Will this be able to adapt to in-game events?

Also, have you given thought to how multiple players will interact if they are at different points on the main quest line?

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Jonathon.Doran, I prefer if they do it slot based then its more like Diablo where some items can occupy larger space than others, and a bag has a limited amount of space. Though personally I for the most part like the UO/U7 system.

Maybe they can address different types of slot systems too, like those based around space issues.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Siwar

Siwar Avatar

LB has mentioned several times that he dislikes what questing/quest logging has become. Find the NPC with the exclamation mark over his head, accept the quest, follow the arrows.

Have there been any thoughts about allowing the player to keep and organize their own digital journal integrated into the "quest log?" I think something like this could bring back the old school feel of using a spiral notebook to take notes and reference when we explore new areas.

5. Icepick2

Icepick2 Avatar

Will there be item enchanting? A simple yes/no is fine ;)

6. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

Will NPC characters buy our stuff for sale in our houses/store front?

7. Fiwald

Fiwald Avatar

I'd just like to know how do you feel about a idea of looting nests of monsters for eggs which could be hatched for awesome pets? Or you could just sell them or make omelettes..

8. Kaegyn

Kaegyn Avatar

Can we get guild name reservations and maybe some guild related incentives as part of pledge packages? This may benefit the kickstarter a bit.

9. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

TO STREAM TEAM: :)

Will Torches or Lanterns play an important part in gameplay?

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Legenis

Legenis Avatar

Please shed some light on PVP mechanics such as will there be open pvp zones or just full open pvp. And will there be player looting.

This is the main subject I wish to know information about.

11. Bioforge

Bioforge Avatar

What is the current status of the music? i.e. Have you settled on a composer or composer(s) will it be self composed or orchestral?

12. Robert Reise2

Robert Reise2 Avatar

Hi! Thanks for looking at my Questions.

Can we please have a place to write our character biographies and backgrounds and display them to all who wish to see them in game?

Are there any plans to have a saveable templates for combat skills, skill points, costumes, armor ect?

13. Sir Niccoli

Sir Niccoli Avatar

Waiting outside the "Lunar Rift" to New Brittania
    If you pay for one level, do you get that level's title and all titles above it?

14. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

What if we have a house deed, but no available lot for people that pledged to build their houses ?

15. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

What about Pick Pocket Plz ! Can u tell me if i ll can pick Pocket my friends :D

16. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Summary of questions I sent to the hashtag.

#LBSotA_Hangout How about cross promotion rewards with other projects, say if you back SotA and Star Citizen, get a unique item in both?

#LBSotA_Hangout Have you decided how you are going to handle death and resurrection, both of players and NPCs?

#LBSotA_Hangout Any word on plans to use digital distribution platforms like steam and GOG yet? GOG has been promoting the Torment KS.

#LBSotA_Hangout Any chance of getting the in game NPC written books as a PDF/printed collection as a reward on the kickstarter?

#LBSotA_Hangout Any Silver Serpent venom or equivelent to advocate an antidrug message? What societal issues are you exploring this time?

#LBSotA_Hangout Different types of poison: slow long lasting vs fast and short lived, not just weak & strong? Different secondary effects?
    #LBSotA_Hangout What about disease? Lot's of diverse an interesting ailments (maybe some benificial), contagious between players and NPCs?

#LBSotA_Hangout Richard, is it true you had to hold wild fans at bay with an uzi?

17. BenK

BenK Avatar

Relating to pledge levels but also a general question about housing. If a player acquires a village or town deed and wants to upgrade to a city how would this work; must they sell the old deed and purchase a new one? If so will the founders plaque and such carry across and how will items be easily moved when upgrading rather than simply moving?

18. Sir Niccoli

Sir Niccoli Avatar

Waiting outside the "Lunar Rift" to New Brittania
    To do VR well, wouldn't it have to be in first person?

19. Andrew Vawter

Andrew Vawter Avatar

Will items be destroyed through usage or will they be repairable infinitely?

20. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

Please revamp Lord Pledge Level ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.