Ransom/ No Ransom

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Garfunkel Humperdinck, Jan 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

I'm hoping from what is hinted at in the 2020 vision that some of the PVP zones will have ransom (or whatever might replace it) turned back on and some will stay no ransom. I'm enjoying the option to PVP without the inventory management hassle.

Violet Ronso, Mhtic, Elgarion and 3 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I'm with you. No ransom and make pvp more interesting with titles with bonuses to fight for, rewards such as tokens to earn to purchase pvp specific and other things, bounties, and pvp quest lines.

Also add in the raid system and timed, capture a flag or something battlegrounds with 2 raid groups or even guilds competing against each other. Tokens, and cotos could be earned to purchase things with. Just examples again ;)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Aldo, Feeyo, Mhtic and 3 others like this.
  3. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

A picture says a million words, thank you again @majoria70

majoria70 and Elgarion like this.
  4. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I would say the general problem with PvP is that it is missing a reason and without a reason I guess just the hardcore PvP fans fight each other...but if there would be a reason I guess more would join them.
    The rewards @majoria70 mentioned are the easy and fast to implement reasons…and possibly a solution even if I would like something more complex like the sometimes mentioned factions.

E.g. if your faction is ruling Rhun Ruins everyone of that faction it getting a xp bonus in the Drachvald region. Additionally maybe in NPC town the faction symbols are shown to show everyone who is ruling the region.
    To rule the "regional control points" you have to dominate shrines in these PvP scenes. At first and if noone is around you have wait next to the shrine…the more avatars you are the faster the shrine is changing into your faction’s colors. While you are doing that an announcement is send to all members of the currently ruling fraction waking them up that there is something going on. If there are members of the currently ruling fraction...try to kill them as that is reducing the needed time but be aware that if they kill someone of your fraction the timer will enlarge again.
    Just as a suggestion every avatar of your faction and near the shrine is adding every second his adv. lvl as points into the pool and killing an avatar might add ten times the adv. lvl of the killed avatar to the pool.
    Once the shrine goal is reached a wave battle starts that has to be defeated or the NPC protectors will take the shrine back...this addition as some kind of mechanic against single avatars taking shrines in the middle of the night but also possibly the best time for the defending avatars to fight the enemy faction who is trying to steal their region.

At best the grade of protection (pool and guards) is based on the effort of the ruling fraction. E.g. the shrine could be in constant need of something (gear, garlic, gold,…at best something that is typical for that region) and the more the fraction members are donating to the shrine the more difficult it is to change the owner but also the higher is the bonus the fraction is getting in the region.

Once in a while the shrine should even lose a part of it's protection that has to be refilled to create a constant need for the faction to be active. Possibly the loss could even be a result of quests the opposite factions are doing in that region.

If that is in place there could be added personal faction rewards to those who killed the most members of a opposite faction...to those who donated the most at shrines...more or less just as suggested by @majoria70
    I would also say these rewards should not contain "wealth" and instead just emotes or useful one time items. E.g. potions that raise damage against avatars for x minutes or totems you can place that enhance nearby members of your faction or...

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.