Questing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Artte, Apr 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artte

Artte Avatar

I have rarely done any questing. I heard I could make 40 million plus if I did my shroud and some side quests. So....away I went. With some help. I got the bonesteel dagger. I went to turn it in at the blacksmith in Aerie ....only to find out there was more than one blacksmith....and they might be sleeping..... And my map pointer did not differentiate.... And maybe the quest might not be working right and I should log and reload. Life is too short. 40 million. 400 million.... Whatever. ......back in the day I was a crafter. I made ranged weapons. I spent days weeks and months mining and chopping. Then I had to kill elves and get strings. Then....after the Xen and envy and speed bows....I couldn't give a bow away The same bow I used to sell for 25 k I could no longer sell for 2500. ....and now.... If you have a guildee walk you through the quests....you can be a crafting god in a week. There is simply no point. Goodbye.

kaeshiva likes this.
  2. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

so you sold all those bows for 25 k each? sounds like profit to me. Now switch to crafting something else until the bows go back up. When sota takes your lemons, then make some cranberry juice, mate It's the way it has been if something stops working , it;s time to find a different thing that works instead of quitting. It's out there for you

THE HENDOMAN

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Everyone want's to be special in a sea of people who want to be special. In other words, everyone wants to be the crafter but everyone can craft.

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Trivialization of producer advancement through means that have nothing to do with crafting, and the diminishing usefulness of crafted gear due to best in slot artifacts that no crafted gear, even with skill levels beyond the range of absurdity, can hold a candle to, have certainly diminished my enjoyment as well. I'm not against there being components acquired from fighting, but the -best- components only being -rare- drops from -boss tier monsters- is no longer "crafting" - its a gear drop game with a couple extra steps tacked on. Everything is contingent on combat, combat, combat - financing crafting, learning your recipes from rare drop bags, getting your components from fighting since the ones you get harvesting don't compare, - 99% of the "crafting" I do these days is combining/masterworking/enchanting peoples rare drop artifacts. Jewelry? Forget about it. Weapons? Less and less these days. I still do get to make a 'few' pieces of gear for which there aren't arti equivalents....at least until they add an artifact set equivalent to bandit gear for chain and cloth wearers, then the marginalization will be complete. Wouldn't even call it crafting at that point, I'd call it 'artifact enhancement.'

So definitely feel your frustration. Less and less confident that this will ever go back in the direction of 'industry' and less in the direction of 'fight fight fight'.

Artte and Wilfred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.