Quest XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, May 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I see that, along with the 2x XP boost, the 10x quest XP also went away. :( So much for the dailies.

[edit] My activity for today was to logon, visit the oracle, answer her question, note that I got 1000 XP (vs 20,000 yesterday), exit client.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  2. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Need more Dailies and some Weeklies with good rewards/xp. Need to add some crafting Dailies and Weeklies that give raw materials and crafting xp.

3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think they should just make quests give a lot more adventure xp than producer xp. Then they could keep them at a level that is rewarding enough for people to want to do them regularly without making gathering relatively terrible.

Chatele and Sole like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The producer XP was the biggest reason to do them. If it were just adventure XP, I could get a lot more in a control point for the time spent.

Fister Magee, Mishra and Gravidy like this.
  5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't think half an hour of questing should be worth more producer xp than spending an entire day toiling away in a mine, at least not if you can do it every day.

Either way, adventure xp is much easier to get than producer, so it doesn't make much sense for quests to reward equal amounts of each for tasks that have nothing to do with crafting. If they were adjusted to account for the disparity between the two, quests could be a lot more rewarding without messing up the game.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't think that spending an entire day toiling away in a mine should be required to obtain a decent amount of producer XP. The 10x quest XP was an excellent solution. Besides, it would've been half if they just took away the general 2x XP; now it's 1/20.

Innascual Inch and Scooby Doo like this.
  7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I'm all for having some kind of daily boost, whether it's in the form of a quest or a buff or whatever. Lots of games have them, and they're great. I think a 30-60 minute period of 2x-3x productivity is about right. That gives a nice boost to casual players that don't get to play as much, but it's not so crazy that it makes the normal stuff feel like horrible grind for regular players that put in more hours.

Getting a full day's grind worth of producer xp for spending half an hour knocking out easy quests is just too far out of line. It's the equivalent of giving out 40 or 50 million adventure xp, and for doing stuff that is in no way related to production. I don't see how that can really be considered a reasonable norm.

If it were up to me, I'd rather just have something like a variety of quests that give you your choice of a 1 hour 2x or 3x producer or adventure xp buff that you can only get or use once per day. Maybe not exactly that, but something along those lines. That would be pretty rewarding without just making a big ez button that circumvents the standard methods of gaining xp.

edit: and any quest xp that is awarded should give way more adv xp than producer xp, because that's how the rest of the game is.

8. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Oh well, back to ESO again.

Anpu, Girlsname, Drilikath and 2 others like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

However you want to look at it. It made questing worthwhile for me; now it's not. That's about as plain as it gets.

Scooby Doo and Nevyn Waldail like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm glad that the changes made questing worthwhile for many. I agree with that whole-heartedly. Now lets take it further. The amount and variety of quests is still way too small to serve this huge game. The worry is always about hurting the economy to give certain items, but listen people there aren't a lot of players atm. For example crafting quests that do give resource bundles for that particular type of crafting whether it be a daily crafting quest you collect, a pvp quest giving pertinent rewards for pvp such as accessories to buff, title to buff, also the fishing daily gives a new pole, a fishing hat, a little bit of special fishing bait in it's bundle, the carpentry merchant needs a new table woohoo for example from his daily and you are rewarded with 4 special boards, a special binding as an example. Small little precious bundles of love. All areas of the game should have this going on but yet what is being done?

Well finally we hear of some new questing coming in but with poor Sannio probably so overworked who knows if enough can get done to make this a complete game. A game rich with story and aliveness which it always deserved to be. Now we are down to such a very small team working their butts off. What if when we had a bit larger team some of this would have happened you know when we had a larger team. The excuse has always been we are a small team so lets go build some more scenes to not add dailies, complete story lines, exploration finds, and interesting lore to. Many of These were lets go check them out and never go back again type of scenes. Why would we go back to most of them? Not much to discover, no ongoing story going on there. True some will have a dungeon or even a dungeon puzzle to grind in.

Anyway that is my constructive feedback with a negative twist. As always still wishing we will one day soon fill this game up with truly 'everything' missing such as above mentioned and mounts, boating, treasure hunting that has you explore in interesting ways using a map, pvp bounty system with its own questlines, timed quested battleground with capture and 2 raid groups at least competing and on and on in my broken record. Whatever is done it is not just one thing for one type of player. We still need a journal that is useful, interesting, tracks our progress, and includes knowledge about what there is to do in this game. "Cheers everyone"

Artomus Sumotra likes this.
  11. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Just because the daily quests aren't worth doing for you now, doesn't mean that what was previously in place was good or the only alternative. If the previous reward for 5 minute quests had been 5 billion adv/pro xp, they would have been worthwhile, but obviously that wouldn't have been a wise reward.

If quests gave 40x or 50x as much adv xp as pro, then you could easily still have worthwhile rewards for daily quests without creating other problems. For example, if there was a daily quest that took a high level player 5-10 minutes to solo that gave 2m adv xp and 40k-50k producer xp, that would be worth doing for anyone that could do it, but it wouldn't necessarily be game breaking.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Actually yes, it was good.

[edit] Also, I don't know where you're pulling your numbers out of but to do all the dailies would take me more than an hour (and that didn't include the smaller quests like the extortion one or the one in Ulfheim, which takes a group). If it were 10x, I would get 480k XP. I don't think that's unreasonable. Contrast that with doing a CP, where I can easily get 4 million adventure XP in that hour and probably closer to 8 million. Currently, the game is way to grindy for producer XP.

[edit2] There's also the fact that 480K would be the limit for the day unless I wanted to go grind on some nodes.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Gravidy and Nevyn Waldail like this.
  13. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I was just as annoyed with the change with quest xp until I read this :

http://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1258334136554708992

Then I kind of got excited, Go do some kind of harvesting.

14. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Sannio 's working on a quest reward revamp -- hopefuly we can get him to chime in with a sneak preview :) Also, he's training me on quest writing, and I just wrote my first 2 new dailies (opposing virtue concept). I have one more pass at editing them, and perhaps he gives it the final seal of approval. Can't wait! Doing that is the fun part of my day ;) I have mannnnnny more planned. TO me, from my MMO history, dailies are also highly important. I can't wait to see Sannio's new rewards concept. Should be good! :)

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Wilfred, Feeyo, Witcheypoo and 12 others like this.
  15. Elgarion

I think that's what he put in Tartarus, if I recall.

Sara Dreygon and Barugon like this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah, okay.

Maybe those should replace nodes in other t6 and up scenes...

Either way... happy to hear meticulous is going to be worth it now.

Question, though- what tier are "nodes" for skinning, and does this affect that at all? Or only "scene" nodes?

17. Elgarion

For skinning, if ever I got 1K XP for a skin, then I called it a T5 -- no idea the increments in the code. Perhaps dragons are T6? I suspect, henceforth, if you get 2K its T5 (double of the old 1K), anything more? You'll know it was a higher tier skin. Good question for Chris on one of his streams however.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Congrats! If I could make a humble suggestion/request... quests with more ties to world lore would be great. World building in Shroud is severely lacking.

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I guess a more clear way to ask is wheter the "tier" of a skin node based on the animal or the scene.

20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Build Number 1198 – May 6th 6:00PM

Updates

• Double XPs turned off
    • 10x Quest XPs turned off for now. Over time, each reward will be individually adjusted up to match its difficulty and effort and end up in the 10x ball park

Witcheypoo and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.