Looting Exp, the most immersion breaking creation of all time.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dysis, May 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dysis

Dysis Avatar

When you loot, you loot items you can pick up, very simple, however, when you loot something, that is not actually tangible, it is very confusing, and immersive breaking. Please, for the love of all that is holy, just throw the numbers in chat with the rest of the numbers, for those numbers peeps.

ps. thank you so much for the much needed production exp.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  2. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Gotta say I agree. It was jolting to see it appear. I see the XP in the loot window, but noting writes to the console and I get nothing in my inventory. That feels like maybe it didn't happen.

PB

3. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

I like it, you can actually see what you recieve when you hit a meticulous and it gets directly added to your pool when you loot it. The chat window is crappy enough as it is, we do not need another xp number in there.

Cage Storm likes this.
  4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Right. It should be a lootable object (like a book of learning or XP potion) OR just a message in your chat window -- not some weird hybrid of the two, that makes you wonder if you really got what you thought for a moment you saw.

5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I might be wrong, but I thought this was just a temporary means of getting the meticulous xp in now.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Maybe, but "temporary" things in Shroud have a tendency to become permanent when the devs move on to the next shiny distraction.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree so much information lost in the chat window. Let's get clickable objects that play a ta-da sound or something. And then it can say you've received experience in screen as well. Loot can be things like this also. We need to think outside the box for loot well the Sota box that is. I'm still mad about basic crafting recipes getting added to loot instead of as crafting progression saying "hey you've learned a new recipe" and with sound and on-screen flashing information as well. It should say you've progressed, give you a title etc. Feeling that and rewarded is not this games strong point. That needs to change. Also you should get the same type of thing happening as you complete quests,daily tasks, goals, and achievements. Whoever said loot has to be all about loot. Loot details are missing to make looting significant.

Sure loot sucks most of the time and not just in this game but what makes it important is achievable info showing up like you've become a master harvester and been awarded 200 gold and master harvester title. Which of course shows up on your screen complete with sounds as well.

We need details not lost in the chat window. Our character can say "woohoo" and cheer and we are rewarded. Anyway another take on loot, not saying loot needs improvement but we will get junk of course and we need to know about it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.