1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Since we are getting stack all button, we need a UNSTACK all button.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by OzzyOsbourne, May 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

For pvp reasons. Another slap in the face to pvpers.
    I want a version of sota that doesnt have stack all.. kkthx. God forbig I accidently click that stupid worthless button. Cant beleive a dev wasted his time on such a thing. I have over 600 single stack potions in my inventory.... if I accidently click stack all because of hitching or lag, it will cost me hours of gametime to fix my inventory again. This is unfair treatment of pvpers and a total lack of consideration of dev time. Its insanity!
    It would be only fair if you give me an unstack all button or I will report sota for being discriminatory
    :p

Just to be clear... I NEED unstack all in case this happens by accident.... This is a SERIOUS wish.

What I really dont understand is why waste time with this when we already have the option in the interface:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    MasterSlave likes this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I thought they removed the benefit of having unstacked items in PvP a long time ago. There is no reason to have hundreds of single items that could be stacked, because the game treats them as though they were stacked to prevent people from protecting their items from loot, which was why people started doing this to begin with. If that isn't working, that's the part that is broken.

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Maybe it makes it easier to find a potion in your inventory in the heat of a fight? The cool down is stupid long if you use them from your combat/utility bar. Just guessing.

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Can you actually use them from your inventory mid-combat without any cooldowns?! Wow, I learned something new today!

As for OP, would there really be a use in having everything in your inventory be unstacked? Like others said ransoms should not be affected by stacks, so apart from making your inventory a mess, I don't see the use

5. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

You would have to leave combat to use an item from you inventory, that's not really do-able mid fight.
    Ransom are affected by stacks, if that was ever supposed to be fixed it wasn't. If I have a stack of 500 obsidian chips, and it will take 500 for the ransom. If I have 500 individual chips, it will take one for ransom. For those of us who have prepared for pvp and ransoms, accidentally restacking all of our items would be a huge head ache.

MasterSlave likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think so? I'm not sure. I don't think there's a cool down when you use a potion from inventory. There might be if the potion is also on your combat/utility bar. But you'd have to exit combat to do it, which is probably tricky in a PvP fight. I'm just guessing.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah. Yeah, I don't PvP, and I remember the stacking thing was "fixed" at some point, so I was trying to come up with another reason.

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh wow, that was supposed to be fixed over 2 years ago (for the stacks) my gosh... I agree in this case, the unstack button is required since the stacks still ransom that way

Jikininki likes this.
  9. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

I second THAT! spend a lot of time unstacking for battle, I'd settle for not loosing whole stacks in a ransom though.

Jikininki likes this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

@Elgarion Can you add this to the bug list; unstacked items should still count as stacks for ransom, but are not. Supposedly fixed over a year ago, but apparently not.

Also wishlist that ransom should take random amounts out if a stack instead of the whole stack. Make this stupid workaround go away.

Anpu, Cyin, Vaiden Luro and 3 others like this.
  11. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Do you even pvp....?
    Its not a "workaround", its hard work. I 2nd your motion if ransoms would also apply to PvE deaths.

MasterSlave and Jikininki like this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

Its stupid, and yes I've tried PVP. I agree its stupid that you lose a whole stack, but hiding any items worth looting under 10000 loose reagents or potions is a bug (at best, its closer to an exploit).

Dollar Bill likes this.
  13. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Not really, it was pretty clear from the start how ransoms are random. If they changed it, I would carry much less, and you would call that an exploit too. Adjusting to game mechanics isnt exploiting. Or the same can be said about farming on pillar or basements or using ring of fire as a DoT instead of an AoE...
    U MAD BRO?

MasterSlave likes this.
  14. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Also, I play bludgeon/tactics, typically melee with no more than 30 of each reagent... Do you know how insane what your asking for would be for a mage? let alone a CHAOS/DEATH MAGE?!??!?!

MasterSlave likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.