1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

abort death timer/revive

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Lazlo, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It would be nice if there was an option to just take some penalty and revive yourself after death without having to wait out the timer. It really sucks to die someplace where there is no access to an ankh. There's still lots of places in the game where you can get stuck like that, and it can also happen when training in buildings if using chaotic feedback, tap soul, etc.

Chatele, Dollar Bill and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Hahaha, I did that today :oops:

Lazlo likes this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Exit to Menu
    Start on World Map

Net likes this.
  4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

That's faster than waiting on a 5 minute timer, but it's still an exit, followed by waiting on character to leave game, followed by two load screens to get back. Don't really see any good reason not to be able to just take the no res penalty immediately if you know you can't res. Having to wait around doing nothing or do a bunch of loading is just unnecessary non-game downtime.

Chatele and Scooby Doo like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ok, works for me

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

When you die, they should give you a popup that asks if you want to resurrect at the nearest ankh.

[edit] Or accept the penalty and resurrect right there.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Chatele, majoria70, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

Death should have at least some consequences... getting to ankh in certain amount of time is not such a bad thing... I also think that not getting to ankh in time should mean really harsh death penalty.

Though I agree that getting through doors is an issue, and I think there are two ways how to deal with that.
    IMHO we should be able to use /stuck command even dead, if we get trapped.
    Alternatively, walls should not be an issue for ghost and they should be able to get through terrain and locked doors just like /fly camera can:p

Oh and it is not just doors, I cannot use ladders or sturdy wine as ghost. And it is impossible to get from some locations otherwise.

FrostII and Chemeck like this.
  8. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

If the idea is that you challenge yourself then dying should mean you challenged yourself and lost. The fact that you lost is the punishment and an acknowledgement that you need to work on increasing your skills. The punishment that the time until resurrection continues to increase every time you die when at the ankh is another punishment. I understand the first delay until Resurrection but to keep increasing the time every time one dies seems to me to discourage challenging yourself. I seriously doubt anyone can remembers why the extended time after each death and the additional third penalty of having reduced stats after dying more than once?

Questions really should be. Why do you get full health back when you Resurrect at an Ankh and only get a fraction of your Health when Resurrected by a Healer? Seems to me the amount of Health you get back upon Resurrection should be determined by the skill of the Healer and if you Resurrect at an Ankh you only get a portion of your health back. That makes the skill of a Healer far more valuable. Second question should be why is the time still being increased for every time you die and are Resurrected at an Ankh? My understanding is that this is done because someone did not like the idea of a player resurrecting in a short period of time and continually challenging another player. Hence everyone has to keep waiting more and more time to get Resurrected whether PvP or not. Nothing to do with a Punishment of any type just an outright waste of a players time.

FrostII and Net like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem with this is that it just prompts people to wait for the penalty to expire before they do something. So basically, all it does is waste your time.

10. Net

Net Avatar

No, they can just die next to ankh...or better yet get a healer:) I totally agree with @Gamician that resurrection by healer should be the preferred method.

FrostII likes this.
  11. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I agree that being able to just res at nearest ankh could create issues and/or make things too easy, but leaving it as is isn’t great either.

Until there's no place in the game where you can get stuck without access an ankh, there should be some other option than hanging out as a ghost doing nothing for 5 minutes or exiting the game. There's probably lots of different reasonable ways that issue could be fixed, but it should definitely be fixed. Relying on other players for res isn't really a solution since that option doesn't exist in single player.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Fister Magee likes this.
  12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

griefing.

atos was walking through the fall, discussing it on stream with someone, and someone kept trying to come kill him. of course that wasn't happening, but it was distracting, so atos made it so you couldn't keep ankh-rezzing quickly and go back to what you were doing.

i think it's okay: there's been times when i am solo-pve killed, ankh-rez, and manage to get back to the fight and win. it doesn't mean my skills are insufficient, it means they are ALMOST insufficient. once is fine. if i have to KEEP ankh-rezzing and re-engaging, then yeah, they are not enough and i should give up, and the increasing penalty keeps me from beating my head against a wall.

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.