1022 Feedback

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Tirrag, Jun 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Had a chance to play some QA v1022. Pets are definitely more responsive. For informational purposes I was testing with an Obsidian Destroyer on top of the mesa in Southern Grunvald. The only delay in orders I really felt was if I gave an order during the pets attack animation. There did still feel like a delay from the time the attack ended to when the pet shifted to the target I told them to attack. Outside of that it felt really snappy so very exciting.

For the aggro changes, not sure if it was my imagination but I felt like my Obsidian Destroyer pulled aggro differently than current prod. It was like she was an aggro magnet. Currently on prod if I command my pet to attack a dragon and I am following behind, the dragon will always pick me to attack first before either of us attacked it. In QA it felt like the OD got the dragons attention immediately and held it. I had to switch to my party deck and use taunt to get aggro back. I've fought _a lot_ of dragons and this definitely felt different. Not necessarily bad but as something that is not noted, it felt different.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

More feedback on 1022 this time related to the durability multiplier. In reviewing my equipment I see the new durability multiplier value. The base values appear to be as mentioned:

Cloth 100%
    Leather 150%
    Chain 200%
    Plate 300%
    Shield 100% (was surprised by this since it is metal)

I don't yet have any feel for how those are being applied as I would need to get into some longer-term combat for that. I have noted though an inconsistency in the values. I thought maybe because of material differences but that doesn't seem to be the case. I also thought maybe my preservation was applying but it doesn't appear to apply to NPC purchased armor nor does it appear to apply consistently since some crafted pieces are not getting any bonus.

NOTE: my armor preservation skill is at 94 which states +23.5% armor durability effectiveness. I am also at 89 in heavy spec.

For my epic cloth set I see:

Cotton Epic Cloth Helm - 195% (100% + 95%)
    Cotton Epic Cloth Chest Armor of Sorcery - 100%
    Cotton Epic Cloth Leg Armor - 290% (100% + 190%)
    Cotton Epic Cloth Gloves - 100%
    Cotton Epic Cloth Boots - 195% (100% + 95%)
    Cloak - 290% (100% + 190%) <- has +8.6% armor durability effectiveness MW

NOTE: Base set of cloth from the NPC vendor were all 100% with no bonuses when equipped.

The discrepancies are pretty ranging. Why no bonus on the chest and gloves? Why does leg and cloak get +190% and boots, helm 95%? The +8.6% on the cloak doesn't seem to have an effect? Why are there no bonuses applied to the NPC armor? Where are the bonuses coming from?

My chain set:

Iron Augmented Chainmail Helm - 200%
    Copper Augmented Chainmail Chest of Thaumaturgy - 390% (200% + 190%)
    Iron Augmented Chainmail Leggings - 390% (200% + 190%)
    Iron Augmented Chainmail Gloves - 295% (200% + 95%)
    Iron Augmented Chainmail Boots - 200%

NOTE: Base set of chain from the NPC vendor were all 200% with no bonuses when equipped.

My plate set:

Obsidian Plate Helm - 300%
    Meteoric Epic Plate Chest Armor - 300%
    Obsidian Plate Leggings - 490% (300% + 190%)
    Obsidian Plate Gauntlets - 395% (300% + 95%)
    Obsidian Plate Boots - 395% (300% + 95%)

NOTE: Base set of plate from the NPC vendor were all 300% with no bonuses when equipped.
    NOTE: Rusty plate from drops were 100%

Leather

Supple Leather Chest - 340% (150% + 190%)

NOTE: Base set of leathers from the NPC vendor were all 150% with no bonuses when equipped.
    NOTE: Ragged leathers from drops were 100%

I also turned on the verbose combat messages which appear to be new since with this option on in current prod I don't get this feedback. Great to see more detailed information but would also be good to have an explanation of what it all means and how it applies to the durability multipliers. Here are a couple of example messages:

Verbose Combat:Armor Damage: Damage Amount=10, ArmorDurabilityMultiplier=3, DurabilityChance=0.02, Rand01=0.1042329, DurabilityDamageApplied =None

Verbose Combat:Armor Damage: Damage Amount=10, ArmorDurabilityMultiplier=1, DurabilityChance=0.02, Rand01=0.004291892, DurabilityDamageApplied =0.7875

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Update for v1027 on the new durability multiplier. Previously shields were 100% but that looks to have changed and it appears the new base for shields is 300%.

Meteroic Iron Heavy Round shield - 490% (300% + 190%)
    Meteoric Iron Heavy Round shield of Gaiaism - 300%
    Bronze Rectangle Shield of Thaumaturgy - 300%
    Shield of Attraction, Uncommon - 100%
    Shield of the Wicked King, Uncommon - 100%
    All shields from NPC - 300%

Armors reporting same as my previous post so looks like shields were updated (as noted in the twitter post) but no other armors. I am particularly surprised by the difference in the Round shields. Still would like an explanation where the bonuses are coming from and the logic behind how they are applied. Any information you can pass along @Elgarion ?

4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I linked this out to the team, thanks :)

5. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Shields already fixed. Artifact items will probably remain at 100% unless they were intended to be something durable. I think all of this should be fixed in the build later today.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So, will bone armor just be treated as leather, or will it get its own durability category?

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

my bone chest is 340% on qa

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Huh. Interesting. Still not worth it for a dodge build, but interesting.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.