Apparently, they fired the Lawyer too.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bugmaster77, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

of course they do, Many peoples parents have brothers and sisters. Those would be your aunts and uncles. Those brothers (uncles) and sisters (aunts) have children. Those children are your cousins. Those cousins have things called careers ranging from doctors, lawyers, managers, and beyond. If you've come from a college educated family, than those cousins careers tend to be what you need college to do such as lawyers, doctors, etc. Did your parents not explain the birds and the bees to you and the concept of family???? My apologies if that's the case. :) On another note, You could have just stepped up and called me a liar. I wouldn't care. :) The fact that you took the passive aggressive approach speaks more to your character then the truth of my words friend. :)

Net likes this.
  2. necronut

necronut Avatar

I apologize. I thought you had a sense of irony and sarcasm. I will only speak literally with you from now on. You have my word.

Hawkwind, Kinetic, Prada and 2 others like this.
  3. Prada

Prada Avatar

I've got a cousin "that knows a guy"...

Sean Silverfoot, Anpu and necronut like this.
  4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

There a huge difference between being a counselor, "working" on a special account where you cant really play but is there to make event for the players and all with a button to mute/report a player. You are not obliged to press it, its available to EVERY player, and many other game like Smite (very popular one) have this kind of feature.
    Id ban you asap ;)

Sean Silverfoot and Prada like this.
  5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    So lets think about all the ways that people are "Working" for Port without getting paid.

Moderators both forum and in-game
    Hospitallers
    Creating Game Content both user created and Wishlist/Suggestions
    QA testing
    Translators, These were actually paid in COTOs

I seem to remember seeing the same kind of things in may of the games I have played. Also in real business situations only they are called Volunteers or Interns. A lot of people do it for the fun and not the money.

Prada, Scanphor and Net like this.
  6. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

And i would also block that website you mentionned at the same time ;P

Sean Silverfoot and Prada like this.
  7. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Thank you. conversations are best had when all parties are completely direct with each other. Non of this passive aggressive BS.

8. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

One definition of a Moderator found on the internet is: "Moderators are internal employees or external power users contributing official answers and moderating questions and responses within a community."

There is a big difference between actively working in the game such as a UO Counselor did, or simply moderating. Cozy Firesong is incorrect in several areas here - 1.) Many other games do use player moderators - including UO even now. 2.) Richard had player moderators for the forums since the earliest days of Shroud of the Avatar - I was one of them having joined the moderation team in 2014 - and the team was well established before then. 3.) Richard did not sell Portalarium to Chris Spears. Portalarium still exists and Catnip is operating Shroud of the Avatar.

The big difference between moderating and working on the game involves defining an employee. An employee is given a task, expected to work a set schedule, produce a certain amount per time-frame, etc. Moderators are not given this sort of defined role, and are free to act or not, when they feel like it, etc. They are not given a job, they are trusted enough to be given an ability - just like in-game where you get the ability to cast a spell.

For many, many years, UO did not even have official forums, but Stratics still supported the game with forums, moderators, etc. Did UO receive benefit? oh yes... did UO pay for it? um.... no. Similar situation here. Even the "official SOTA Discord" was created by a player and has player moderators, though some Dev's also have powers there. No - I do not see Portalarium as being at risk in the manner you promote - and I do see so many holes in your premise that it has difficulty standing up.

9. necronut

necronut Avatar

That's not how passive aggression works. See... irony... and also sarcasm... are completely different. Here, let me help a bit.

irony: the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    sarcasm: the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Example: Everybody's got a "cousin" who "does stuff" these days.

passive aggression: of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials.

example: an entire guild misreading a post about INVESTIGATING player reports in universe chat and immediately crying FASCISM, then flooding a stream chat with "18 days" to passive aggressively announce the beta launch of their favorite game.

Since we're educating one another on how our English works, you only have to use one punctuation mark to denote the end of a sentence or question. All the best with your lessons!

EDIT: In retrospect, I realize that even this reply is dripping with sarcasm. Many apologies.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Sean Silverfoot, Prada and Anpu like this.
  10. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

This is incorrect. Portalarium, it's name and all operating assets, were purchased by Catnip, which is owned by Chris Spears.

arcdevil likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Where are you getting that information?

Im only aware of Catnip Games has only the operating assets. That’s it.

12. Prada

Prada Avatar

Would the over use of smiley faces in a condescending explanation of where cousins come from qualify as passive aggressive BS? If I were to pen one that is...

necronut likes this.
  13. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Are you basing that off the that time when Chris signed Port's tax returns as CEO then he said it was some typo and a month later he announced Catnip games? Seems to me that if Portalarium was sold to Catnip that everyone with Seedinvest shares would need new shares under the name Catnip.

All sounds like a bunch of conspiracy theories. Hopefully it won't be long until this thread is deleted I'm sure.

14. necronut

necronut Avatar

15. necronut

necronut Avatar

16. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Not too loud, the aggression police may come along and misuse the meaning of doing it passively.

Prada likes this.
  17. necronut

necronut Avatar

[​IMG]

Prada likes this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well the OP states he does not care about the game anymore so why be here.? I'm not saying development, missed opportunities, and hurt feelings do not run in abandonment here but in the long run it is what it is. Let's move on or muddle through it. I wish I had the magic pill to make it all right but that won't happen. The best that can happen is that over time necessary components will get into the game to give it some success. That's what I care about and why I'm still here or mostly here, plus I love many aspects of the game and feel it still has potential. Wizards Rest is one of my loves. I will be sad if it goes away.

19. necronut

necronut Avatar

[​IMG]

20. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

rawr LOL FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Sean Silverfoot and necronut like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.