Mostly Blood River questions (minor spoilers)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

1. What's the deal with those three-legged walking glowing mushrooms that have their own lair? If I will find out in due course of the game, feel free to say so.

2. How do I repair a weapon?

3. Is there any way to repair armor other than buying, creating or acquiring multiple Blacksmithing Repair Kits? Preferrably just paying a blacksmith to do it FOR me so I don't have to do it?

4. I can't get the "Aid Refugees" quest to close. I helped the elf who wanted elven wine and an heirloom, I helped the elf who wanted her wedding band back and then reported such to Alberic - I couldn't find any other elves who wanted help.

5. Is there anywhere besides a bank that I can "leave" items? I'm playing the offline quest if that makes a difference - can I, for example, buy a vacant house and drop stuff on the floor of the house?

6. Where can I get a bag, or a chest, or another type of container? I'd love to be able to better organize my inventory - it's getting pretty long!

Thanks in advance
    DalTXColtsFan Dragon

Duke Aventine and majoria70 like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

1. What's the deal with those three-legged walking glowing mushrooms that have their own lair? If I will find out in due course of the game, feel free to say so.
    - I am not very knowledgeable in terms of lore so I can't help you here!

2. How do I repair a weapon?
    - Using a Repair Kit depending on the type of weapon, if it is a carpentry made weapon (bows, crossbows, polearms, bludgeon weapons) or a blacksmith made weapon (blades mostly), you use the right repair kit. You also have tool repair kits for tools, and tailloring repair kits for bloth, leather or bone armor.

3. Is there any way to repair armor other than buying, creating or acquiring multiple Blacksmithing Repair Kits? Preferrably just paying a blacksmith to do it FOR me so I don't have to do it?
    - You can loot them, at some point that will be your main source. Buying them is not out of them equation either.

4. I can't get the "Aid Refugees" quest to close. I helped the elf who wanted elven wine and an heirloom, I helped the elf who wanted her wedding band back and then reported such to Alberic - I couldn't find any other elves who wanted help.
    - Been too long, I'll let someone else like @Anpu or @Mac2 answer this one.

5. Is there anywhere besides a bank that I can "leave" items? I'm playing the offline quest if that makes a difference - can I, for example, buy a vacant house and drop stuff on the floor of the house?
    - Yes, if you get yourself a home, you can the place chests, bags, trunks, and other sorts of containers in your house and store items there. You can also own a basement and a dungeon where you can use even more storage!

6. Where can I get a bag, or a chest, or another type of container? I'd love to be able to better organize my inventory - it's getting pretty long!
    - You should be able to craft them, chests and trunks from the carpentry workbench, bags and backpacks from the tailoring bench, and the according recipes from the tailors and carpenters scattered in towns across the map!

Feel free if you have other questions!

Mac2 and DalTXColtsFan like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@DalTXColtsFan are you playing with a very old character, or are you playing a recently created character?

I just confirmed that with a new character, turning in the Heirloom and then the Band cleared the quest:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  4. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Anpu it's a fairly new character - I created it about 2 months ago. And I turned in the band first, then the wine, then the heirloom.

I also got a "report back to Alberic" (or whatever it was called) quest where he says, "I see you helped the refugees - thank you" or something similar, but the quest doesn't clear even after getting him to say that.

I'll keep playing and see if it goes away on its own - thanks for your help.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Exit the area using one of the exits and see if that clears it?

Also thanks for posting the sequence you did. I’ll investigate and see if that is bugged (it sounds like it is, when doing that specific sequence).

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

For the mushroom lair, there is a quest from gus in that zone to kill the natureman in that lair, to get him to spawn you have to kill the big mushroom in there, sometimes its buggy to hit it, just kill all the other stuff and keep repositioning yourself around him till you start to see numbers that are not 0. Then the naturman spawns and he will also drop the eye of natureman that is a deco item that gives off strong green glow.

For the refugee quest, its the ring for peon you need to get and once you have done that, then you say refugees or help or something like that to alberic. Now, it does not go away off your list right away until you relog once you have done that.

Anpu likes this.
  7. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I never found gus, but frankly, by the time I served Phineas the warrant I'd had enough of the Blood River Outskirts and decided to move on :). I may return at some point, so a tip on where to find gus will certainly be appreciated.

8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

By the way, the "Aid Refugees" quest did clear after I logged out and logged back in.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Did you exit the scene?

10. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

No

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If you actually exit the scene there might be some code to make that clear for you.

12. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

New question:

I'm in Bunker T in Aerie. I proceed a couple levels down and save the game. I die, and I load the game from my save. It puts me all the way back at the beginning of the bunker - I don't think it even saved any items I picked up. That by design?

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When you die you better use an ankh and resurrect or your gear takes a big hit to durability.

I’ve never heard of items being lost before (in general) from a exit game and reload.

There’s no save game option in online.

14. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I am playing exclusively offline for now.

I think I asked you before and you told me there are basically NO penalties at all for dying as long as one resurrects at an ankh in the same area - no loss of items, no loss of experience points, no reduction of item durability, no "limit" to how many times you can die and be resurrected, nothing. Is all of that true?

As far as the loss of items, I may not have been clear in what I said before: I am saving the game while I am on level 3 of the Bunker T dungeon, but when I LOAD that same saved game, it puts me all the way back at the BEGINNING of the dungeon oustide the circular door. Is that not by design? If that's not by design, let me know and I'll log a bug because this has happened to me twice now.

Thanks as always for all your help.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

As for death penalties, the only existing one is a durability hit.

For spawning outside of the dungeon after relogging, this is normal behavior, many adventuring scenes can end up putting you back at the entrance of the scene or dungeon.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.