Finally have time to try the campaign, have a couple of questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MightyUnclean, Dec 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

I have some free time to try the solo (online) quest campaign. I have a couple of questions.

1) What's basically considered the easiest combat style for PvE? Stationary and with a simple rotation?

2) Are the quests buggy at this point or do they run smoothly?

3) Are things pretty self-explanatory or would I be best off watching guide videos or relying on written guides?

4) What's there to do after you finish the campaign?

Thanks for any info!

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

1) What's basically considered the easiest combat style for PvE? Stationary and with a simple rotation?

If you are looking for something stationary with a simple rotation, for the storyline mostly, I would opt for either ranged (with as much dodge/dex you can) or Heavy Armor with Blades/Polearms/Bludgeon. I would recommend bludgeon to someone less used to the combat system, Blades or polearms for the more experienced, depending on if you prefer the style of either, or yuou can go Crit = Polearms, Sustained damage = Blades. Magic in early game and especially at lower levels lacks a lot of power and could lead to frustrations due to clear lack of early power and cost of reagents.

2) Are the quests buggy at this point or do they run smoothly?

They should be pretty smooth, but it is highly recommended to follow Anpu's guides which will eliminate any source of confusion, he must have done all the quests at least 50 times by now, so he knows what he is talking about!

3) Are things pretty self-explanatory or would I be best off watching guide videos or relying on written guides?

Depends on your ability to solve puzzles and pay attention to detail, I followed guides cause I can't read!

4) What's there to do after you finish the campaign?

Whatever you want, be it grind experience to become the best fighter, grind producer experience, decorate, have fun with others, roleplay, group hunt, explore scenes that weren't in the main story (There are usually a few side quests in most), try to complete all the puzzles which you can find in Rinaldi's thread in the player created resources. Basically, you do what you enjoy, or work to reach that point.

If you want help on your decks when you've made your choice, let me know what you want, And I'll help you build a deck that can suit your experience with the combat system!

gtesser, Wilfred and Rentier like this.
  3. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

Thanks! About the deck building, wasn't there an original option to either use the deck system, or just set up a hotbar like a traditional MMO and just have it be less effective? Is that second option still available, and is it viable?

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I haven’t encountered any quest bugs yet where any quest is not working. Some people might get stuck not knowing what to do so just ask.

I am very knowledgeable about the current quest system if you have any questions. I’m always happy to help.

If however you have a very old account and continue to try to finish quests, you will probably encounter various problems however. You can however use a one time quest reset to fix that however, if you have that available to you.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Wilfred and Rentier like this.
  5. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

It depends on the chosen path. Sometimes that panel is enough. But there are builds where you need more buttons than there are on the panel.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And @MightyUnclean remember we have free Universe Chat now. You can always jump on and ask for help. There is a very nice group of players on this game. Pull out a couple of chat window tabs and pin them up then hit the blue gear to display what you want to show in your chat window. It is good to have one just for your chats. Universe chat is /U and we have trade chat if you are looking for who sells something or want to sell something. That is /T. LFG (looking for group) is altF and if you want to create a beginners group or join a group.

Don't forget teleport to zone scrolls. They will show all the locations you have recently visited. Drag one on to your non combat bar and when unencumbered click on it to see your locations and location descriptions when hovering over a location and pressing the control key. I do this all the time so I know which mine to visit since it will tell resources that location has.

Anyway we did get some quality of life things come in to make running around easier. Don't forget to get your free row lot and village lot from doing the quest lines. If you don't like reading guides shoot off a question in Universe chat regarding your question for help. If someone doesn't answer at that moment try a bit later when that particular person who might know the answer will be online or any old time send a question via our in game mail system to Majoria (in game name). Click on 'send mail' addressee is Majoria, then subject line gives enough room to just ask the question or write on a blank piece of paper and drag to the mail message you are sending. I accept all friends requests so you can see when I'm online too. I do come in most days to hang out a little and I always check my mail. Have a great time.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    Wilfred and Rentier like this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Yes, yes it is, and the proper term is using a "Locked" or "Static" deck. The thing is, even if you use a static deck, the biggest mistake for people is not knowing what to add to their bar, or putting pointless skills (ex. A swordsman adding fireball because he wants a bit of fire damage, you are unfortunately shooting yourself in the foot doing this for many many reasons).

So the offer still stands, tell me the style of combat you want to use, and I'll suggest you some nice starter decks to get the hang of things and have decks that actually help you push forward!

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

you can still use both. myself I use for most my builds all old school static. I never had much use for combo's and prefer glyph charging myself. But that is the benifit of multiple decks that you can hot key to swap to what ever you need in combat. just keep in mind depending on how much gear you swap determines how slow the swap will be.

9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

1.) depends on what you are going for. some like to tank and spank, others like to keep distance and fire off skills, then there are the chickens who run around with head cut off dotting things to death hehe. Every school as pros / cons depending on what you are fighting.

2.) quests are pretty good compared to where they were a year ago. most the bugs have been addressed. although some still pop up under some conditions which if reported do get fixed up pretty quick.

3.) myself I didnt use any guides and still made it through. the journal well not the best out there requires careful reading to complete some quests. Example one quest I missed the emphasis on time of day so it took me a while to understand why I was not able to complete until I read it a few times and caught on to the time element :)

4. After the main story there are many smaller quests if that is your thing, or you can dungeon romp which is outside of quests, learn different ways to defeat bosses, you can also go fishing, or try crafting, gathering , mining and the likes... you can also become a collector or everything, or strive to make an epic artifact which could take you a long long time, you can build up a house, or make your own dungeon complete with conversational npc's... but some systems are only in early phases so there is so much more to come in time. Ep2 is in very early stages so access if you buy that grants you very few new places to visit... probably 2-4 years away I would think based on ep1 time frame. there is also PVP stuff if that is your thing there are some guilds that do that all the time. with things always evolving there is always something to strive for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.