1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Opalis Ruins doesn't have any information for what the scene does

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Anpu, Apr 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Currently the Opalis Ruins is a perfect place for players to perhaps dip their toes into PVP if they wish. This is a special PvP scene that will cap a Players Level to 80(?) and the players Skills to 100(?). And currently states it has [No Ransom]. Most players (especially new ones) probably are not even aware of this. If you currently walk over to the Opalis Ruins, here is all the information presented to the player:

[​IMG]

There's noting stated at all about the Players Level and Skill caps. Nothing.

Some suggestions would be:

Under the scene name have: Tier 5+ Adventuring Area [Open PVP] [No Ransom] [Player Level capped at 80] [Player Skills capped at 100]

That would at least provide some very basic information for a Player to assess and think this might be an interesting area to try out...

Another option would be to add a new loading screen Tool Tip. Something like "The Opalis Ruins in the South Paladis region is a perfect place to try out PVP! This scene has No Ransom, and all players entering it are capped at a Level of 80 and all skills capped at 100. This provides a great way for you to engage with other players at an equal level!".

I think that adding such basic information would possibly push more people to at least try out this scene, but with the current lack of any information, players may not even be aware of this, and how this area is set up.

Just a suggestion. Thank you for your time!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Spoon, Echondas, Aldo and 11 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also *note to devs* consider adding tabs and game system descriptions to our journal system for a long needed journal upgrade. @Elgarion @Chris

I also like Anpu's idea of also adding to the scene entrance wording but still what I hear is some don't pay attention to it as much as they could.

Wilfred and Elgarion like this.
  3. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

hm, great idea for pvp scense balancing all player 80 lvl -> 100 skills.
    and mb balancing stats?
    Win Skill and Exp :))

Elgarion likes this.
  4. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Anpu, check your mail. If it is 3 bass, I call dibs!

Elgarion likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I'll try to explain this one more time, because I possibly didn't explain this from Player Speak to Dev speak:

PvP Scenes that have Skill Level and Player Level Locks are not displayed on the overland map. This information is not shown at all.

[​IMG]

The Opalis Ruins has a Skill and Level Lock of 80 in this scene. You do not see any information on the interface stating that this scene has a Level Lock of 80 and a Player Level Lock of 80 while on the overland map.
    Do you see any text at all above stating: Skill Level Lock 80 Player Level Lock 80? No
    That is the information missing in the interface for this screen on the overland Map.
    Could you possibly add this missing information to the overland map UI?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    majoria70, Elgarion and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.