Remote access device to the bank as if it were a backpack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lilith Ayin, Jan 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

With the blessing of Castle Atos it would be great if the remote access device to the bank could be used as a backpack or a bag in the inventory.

It's nice to have a bank in the castle and be able to have the materials in it, but that works if you're going to do "a little" crafting. To take full advantage of the blessing, it would be great to be able to use the remote bank while carrying it in your inventory.
    This morning I went to Castillo Atos to fillet bears and wolves and I carried almost 6,000 weight.
    I'd like to take advantage of the double experience and the castle's blessing to level up my crafting skills, but my material bags weigh over 30,000 all together, which means I'll have to make hundreds of trips to the bank to get the materials in small amounts to be able to move. And to that we must add the weight of the necessary tools and substances.
    But if we could use the remote bank as just another bag, we could have the materials on hand at any crafting table in the castle, thus avoiding making so many trips to the bank or having to carry thousands of weight.
    Could you take this request into account, please?

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  2. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I strongly agree with this.
    We need some method to transport large quantities of e.g. ore, coal, molds, tools - just to build our refinement skills.
    Many of us collect material until it is worthwhile to spend a day at a crafting station.
    Back when (uphill in the snow warning) I was invited to a GM cooking group. The only way that most of us were able to get anything done was that the Governor of the POT granted us access to the local bank for materials. Otherwise I would have had to travel way overweight just to go from the docks to the crafting building. Heaven forbid if I forgot anything.

Lilith Ayin likes this.
  3. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

True, if you carry 7,000 weight and you forget an ingredient, you abandon the task as long as you don't have to go back and forth with so much weight.
    Right now I'm in the castle leveling alchemy, I hope I don't have to go back to the bank for something because my alchemy backpack weighs more than 2,000.

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but if you could use the remote bank as a backpack, wouldn't that essentially just eliminate all weight penalty from the game?

It might be more practical to just have areas where encumbrance works differently.

Elwyn, FBohler, Tiina Onir and 3 others like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes. Adding such an item to the game would be completely exploited. You could mine for hours and hours and then just plop all that ore and weapons and armor that are weighing you down, off to the bank….

6. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

What if the remote bank could be used as a bag, but only when you are in a town or city? If you're at Ardoris or Silverdale Market, the remote bank works as a bag or backpack, if you're at Graff Mines or Solace Bridge, it doesn't.

Lord Andernut and Duke Olahorand like this.
  7. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Atos Castle, I'm going to raise my crafting skills.

I'm uploading alchemy, I carry my bag of ingredients that weighs more than 2,000. I need more empty jars. I go to the craft vendor but he doesn't sell alchemy flasks. I have to find the magic vendor and go back to the alchemy table carrying my bag with 2,000 weight.

Then I want to raise textiles. I pick up my tailoring bag from the bank, which weighs more than 4,000. I buy the first level skill and go up to the textile table. I raise the textile skill up to 40. I go down to the crafting trainer to learn the second level skills and go up to continue increasing my textile skill by carrying my bag with 4,000 weight. I raise the second level skills up to 40 and go back down to the trainer to learn the third level skill, and go back up to the textile table with my bag, which now weighs just under 4,000.

Now I'm going to raise butchery. I get down from the textile table with my heavy, heavy tailoring bag, go to the bank, put it away and take my bag full of fish and carcasses that weighs over 6,000 and go to the butchery table.

This definitely needs a fix, I've spent almost as much time trying to get on the sites as raising my skills.

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I get that people now want to basically move to Castle Atos and now use it as the only place in the entire game you should craft items…..

I don’t personally feel that making it more accessible with items stored in the bank is really the right solution. But the buff and the various crafting tables they have in the scene currently is more than enough. And is a perfect enticement to get you to go there.

You can go craft stuff there with an excellent buff and great crafting tables, but you will still need to manage your inventory…. I feel that’s more than enough.

Elwyn, Sean Silverfoot, jrs99 and 4 others like this.
  9. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I'm sorry I don't agree with you.
    The blessing of the castle is valid for both combat and crafting. However, there are almost always groups raising combat skills, but I don't think I've ever seen groups raising crafting skills. Why don't we also take advantage of the blessing with crafts? And why not make the task easier for those who want to do it?

We are talking about putting an option, who does not want to use the blessing or does not want to use the remote bank as a bag when he is in a city, he is free to not do it.

I don't think Google Translator translates my tone, in any case I want to say that I speak in the friendliest sense :D

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

The plan has been to add pack animals to the game; it was a stretch goal right after mounts.

Imo this has always the right solution, too. And just my opinion but I think you'll find a lot of players agreeing with me. Finding role-playing solutions to what players want to do makes the game more interesting by adding more to the game rather than taking away, and keeps the believability of the game world, as well as keeping game balance over the long run by creating tradeoffs for decisions. Just handing over players gimmes (if you pay $) just erases a lot of the game experience and reduces all the gameplay to repetitive grinding. When everything is grinding btw, people grind more, and this is one of reasons many of the recipes have a such high input cost, to keep things balanced that way.

Of course the game has gone so far in that direction already, picking convenience (and cash) solutions over role-playing solutions, so I'm not even sure if it matters anymore.

11. Lained

Lained Avatar

I didn't see a group when I was there but I recently dropped 300 million experience into grandmastering the last of my production skills with most up to 120/130. I also went back and forth to the bank a few times between different tables it wasn't a huge inconvenience particularly when you consider the time saved due to the extra skill learning speed.

12. redfish

redfish Avatar

Btw I don't really like the bank as a user experience and am not sure if you do. How long does the game take to load all your bank items into the UI before you can do anything with them? Sometimes it takes quite a while if you have a lot of bank items. We have the same issue with the vendor items in zone UI. It feels like you have to wait 10 minutes before you can do anything with it. I really don't find those kinds of solutions pleasant to use and am not sure why people request them

13. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

if you want a party to do crafting boost, let me know. I used to do it, and I dont mind helping out. I have every crafting skill gm'd, and crafting is pretty much the only thing I do anymore.

And not a fan of having the bank accessible from your backpack anywhere, too many ways I can see it being abused.

And if you are going to walk around overburdened, just have a bag with EVERY item you might need for what you are working on and take it with you. There is no difference in speed if you are 2k overburdened, and 200k overburdened. Cant tell you how many times I've walked somewhere so overweight I changed the gravity of the places I was walking by.

14. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

As someone who does already have a couple of mobile bank boxes, allowing them to be used while unplaced would completely break another aspect of the game. You might as well just remove item weight.

There's plenty of ways to increase your carry capacity including at least 3 passives, 3 glyphs, BMC Ring, Belt of the Ox, riding a mount, and crafted gear (and I'm probably forgetting something). All those considered getting you carry capacity well over a ton (literally!) is fairly easy. And if can't get enough, all it does is slow you down a little between the pavilion and the bank.

15. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Perhaps the learning experience buff in castle Atos could be changed to include +100 carry capacity. The buff would still be active only in castle atos, so it could not be exploited elsewhere. Also, this would provide more incentive for people to craft large batches in castle atos (because large amounts of materials can be carried more quckly to the crafting stations), perhaps attracting even more players to the zone. This buff would obviate the need to use a horse, bmc ring, ox belt, etc to help transport materials within castle atos, something that may be particlarly attractive for lower level players who don't have high carry capacity, who have few artifacts that increase carry capacity, and who do not have enough gold to purchase a sufficient number of these artifacts. Attracting newer, lower level players to castle atos would be a great way to bring mentors and new players together! (It may be nice to have some way of telling new players that castle atos is a good place to meet other avatars and then tell them where it is or offer to teleport them there. Maybe an npc in each of the outskirts and in each of the major towns?)

Of course this would not resolve the issue in other towns, but I think one goal of castle atos was to be a gathering place for players. And having more carry capacity for crafters in this zone could certainly help accomplish that goal. @Elgarion

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  16. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Remote bank within reach of all the crafting stations?
    Edit: Or maybe a few of the NPC kids can 'run to the bank for you' for a few gold coins.

17. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I agree, this would be a terrible exploit situation.
    I did not mean for that, though re-reading my post, it would make sense.
    What I was asking was for a remote bank to be placed closer to the crafting area(s).
    A couple of my craft storage boxes weigh a couple of tons, and they are each by their respective crafting stations on house lots.

18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I wonder, how much do we consider this an exploit, when in pretty much every case (or close) that I can imagine, you are usually 2 TP scrolls away from a Remote Bank Backpack.

In our current system, once you are nearly full, you recall/teleport to your house or town, deposit things in your bank or chests, and teleport back to your mine. In some very rare cases you might have a puzzle to solve to regain access, but usually, you know the puzzle by heart.

So what would a Remote Bank Backpack actually do? It would save you from 2 loading screens... I don't see the exploitability of this to be honest, although I am against the idea simply because I find it stupid and would probably end up falling in the realm of P2W somewhat...

19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

So I'm going to go run around Etceter Craig Mines and kill creatures and get Gold and Iron Ore. I then become overloaded from ore and various loot. I cannot use any scrolls, but I'll just whip out my portable banking device, and put all that pesky weighing me down ores into the bank and just continue. And then, let's discuss making a bot....

Elwyn likes this.
  20. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I agree there are problems with making the bank device usable as a backpack for many of the reasons Anpu says .
    Think it would be much easier for them to just install bank devices/bankers near crafting areas where people want to craft together to save the running around.
    Or you know, let us buy our own versions of that skill learning speed devotional....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.