Trolls at Trolls Bridge drop ribcages?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Hermetic, Feb 10, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Do the trolls at Trolls Bridge not drop ribcages anymore? Before the last update I got ribcages after between 30 - 4o trolls. Next time that I tried I collected the troll essence to let me know exactly how many trolls I killed and I got a ribcage after 37 trolls. I just finished a long spell of farming them over the course of several days now and have killed over 100 trolls and no ribcages. I think I read someone saying only boss trolls drop ribcages now, but that was before I got those 2 ribcages I mention above. Maybe that person was talking about future plans, that have now been put into the game?

Has anyone been tracking the rate trolls drop ribcages? Am I just unlucky with the current run? Lucky with my 1st two runs?

Thx

FrostII likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If you l00k at the wiki page here for the Troll's Bridge, you can see a listing of all the various items the Troll Twins have a chance to drop. And they do have a chance to drop them.

Upon viewing the API, many many of the troll ribcages have been looted in Ruined Keep. Probably because there are more Trolls in that scene.

3. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

I think they changed the rate drop. I use to get them all the time in Troll’s Bridge. Now all I get is Troll Heads and the occasional hip. I was tracking my number of heads vs rib cages. It use to be about even. Then ribs stopped dropping. I now have over 100 heads and only 30 rib cages.

Hermetic likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They might have changed the rate, but they are still dropping in there currently. You have a chance to still find them from the Twin Troll creatures.

Hermetic likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

On suggestion I do have for you @Hermetic is to use a LUA mod that has a kill counter. This will then allow you to actually see how many creatures you are actually killing, and you might be surprised at how little you are killing. Like https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/ocx-tools.161143/

Also know that you can only kill 2 trolls for a time at the Troll’s Bridge. But you can kill a lot more in Ruined Keep…..

6. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I haven't had time to see what all this lua stuff is about. The collection of troll essence works as a good counter.
    Which is the problem for me. I can only take on one at a time. At ruined keep I have a hard time luring one off by himself (I am a melee fighter).

FBohler and Anpu like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Completely get that, but now you have a goal to now work towards. :D

thradia likes this.
  8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

If you wanna group up to take those trolls down, just let me know!
    In game Ulric Hildegard.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.