Missing Items After Banking Home

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dejunai, Apr 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dejunai

dejunai Avatar

EDIT: [Solved] - Girlfriend's Toon had been the last to move many things, and the game essentially gave her ownership of the items ( NOT a good idea devs ), so all the missing items were in her bank. I don't know how to edit the title of the forum post, but if an editor or forum guru sees this please prepend the thread title with [Solved].

I've submitted a support request via email, but in the mean time I thought I'd ask the community if anyone has a solve for missing items after banking a home.

I knew I was gonna bank the house, so I created and named containers and filled each room into the containers. I left some loose furniture out and about. And I had my so-called "vault" of all my loot/craft/special items. Everything in the "vault" was already in containers and the containers were labeled, except for very special replenishing crates of fireworks and potions.

After moving to a new city, and establishing a basement to unpack everything into, I discovered many of the items were not in the bank, including multiple containers, much of the loose furniture and the about six or seven of the replenishing boxes are most notable.

I have tried completely shutting down, and restarting the game. I have meticulously searched all the containers that did make the transition, ensuring that nothing nested into an existing container. I have checked my remote access bank, a PoT NPC banker and several bankers in different cities. in each case I did try the "refresh" button to no avail. Is there anything else to try?

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Dejunai

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    Time Lord likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Did you check the property manager?

3. dejunai

dejunai Avatar

Thank you for your reply... I have checked the property manager, nothing is stored. You are the second person to mention the property manager. Maybe I am missing something. Once the home is sent to the bank, the storage space is empty, and the house token sheet is in the bank. I don't see where individual items would possibly be stored.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. dejunai

dejunai Avatar

Found it. It was in my GF's Toon's Bank. She had been the last to "move" it, so the game thought she had placed it and it belong to her... All is well (and this is NOT a feature)

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Glad you found it. This same exact thing happened to me years ago, but I didn't remember until I read this. Sorry I didn't think of it sooner but glad things worked out.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Grats on the girlfriend though.

Time Lord and Lazarus Long like this.
  7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Permissions change depending on the security you put on them and the security you give others. your GF would have been most likely had the co-owner which is the highest security making them equal to the owner. to avoid this in the future its a matter of changing the flags on your times to private which means only the person placing. for future reference :) cheers.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Make sure that you change your lot's default permissions to private so that when you place an item, it's automatically private.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. dejunai

dejunai Avatar

@Xee @Barugon

Thanks guys, I have set the permissions on the new property...

majoria70, Xee and Time Lord like this.
  10. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Good news is Girlfriend didn't become ex-girlfriend meanwhile. You would be in a dire situation :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.