[SOTA-71989] I saw all the signs!! In the Crown shop...

Discussion in 'Completed (in game)' started by Omnedon, Sep 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

Ok crown shop signs..
    700 Coto for a nine pack...
    Problem is, each nine pack is for the same sign, just different styles..
    Personally I'll probably never buy one of these.
    I don't need 9 Alchemy or whatever of different styles.

However..
    If signs were individually priced (comes out to 78 Coto each rounded up) I would ABSOLUTELY buy them.
    If they were split into different pack types, I also would.. examples -

Schools of Magic sign pack, Fancy Bronze Wall Signs --9 signs 700 Cotos
    Production sign pack, Steel Ground Sign - 5 pack 390 Cotos
    Sign Mega Pack (1 of each/ 52 signs) - Fancy Brass Hanging Sign 4000 Cotos

etcetera, so on and so forth..

Already in game, already in store. Just change the way they're sold to make sense and be a more attractive purchase!!

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Good feedback, @Omnedon !
    And I agree, 100% :)

Wilfred and Cordelayne like this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This is a longstanding frustration of mine as well.
    Long ago, the COTO merchants were in-game NPCs, and you could buy things piecemeal (like an individual pedestal rather than a full column pack, etc.). When they did the new shop, we were told we would not lose functionality, but this has never been addressed.

I find it particularly frustrating on the "sets" of blocks, platforms, etc. The current "pack" configurations mean I'll be in most cases, be buying something 80% of which I wont use, which inflates the cost of the stuff I would use beyond what is palatable. I understand the notion of packaging things and discounting it or w/e to entice people to buy "more" but not even offering the individual items has cost considerable potential sales (even speaking just for myself!).

I was really excited when the new block types came in, but immediately disappointed that I could only buy them in packs, whose configuration was not amenable to my needs. Its the same thing with the pipes, columns, fireplace sets, etc. where you just want one unique piece. Packaging sets of the "same" item (such as 3 of the same lamp) is annoying but deal-with-able, especially now that we've done away with yucky heritage and I can at least give away the extras (or sell them, or whatever). But trying to offload hundreds of unwanted blocks/column bits, fireplace bits etc. is not really doable so they just sit in boxes as wasted money. I've brought this up numerous times over the years but it is clearly not a priority which is a shame since it is something that would directly lead to generating revenue.

4. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

Ya I remember Coto merchants... maybe that could be used again ..in a way? Maybe Specialized Coto merchants.. Keep the store like it is but you could go to Veritas or Yew to an Elven Coto Merchant and buy individual Elven items, or Ardoris and the like to a Specialized Shogun Merchant to buy individual Shogun items.

I mainly mentioned the signs because it's by far the most irritating to me. I 100% agree it extends to many other things- Blocks, pavers etc. See so many player vendors reselling the left over pieces. Even armor sets. People buy a set to get the one piece they want for their look, then incomplete sets are re-sold. Sure SOTA gets the bigger sale from a set, but how many smaller sales are missed because someone just wants one or two pieces and doesn't want to buy a full set?
    So which would make the game more money and make players happier?

FrostII likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I would really like to see individual items in the store. While I get they make more from having to buy a pack of things at a time, I actually believe they are really loosing out on sales, mainly because many of us just want one or two items within a pack. And it’s just not worth it for me, to just buy an entire pack just for one item.

The single items could be priced a little bit higher, for the convenience of just purchasing one item, in comparison to the individual cost of items within a pack. And these probably would not show up on sale. I personally would be okay with that.

I do also get the incredible amount of time it would take for them to get single items on the store and set that up. But starting with some items here and there eventually could give us a good selection over time.

Another observation on this however, is it almost seems like this is a missed opportunity, for Players to provide this service, selling individual items from packs.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    FrostII likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

To keep the number of things in the store reasonable, maybe make them like prosperity tools. You buy a 1x1x1 block in the store, and you get a bundle. When you open the bundle, you pick which style you want.

Or, go (sort of )like FO76, there's a base block of each size in a default style, and you can separately buy/acquire a recipe to reskin it. You're still buying blocks as you need them, but once you own the style recipe you can convert them to whatever.

Widsith [MGT] and Anpu like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's what i was thinking reading this. nine pickbags for each combo of material and placement, and then since pickbags can go IN pickbags, one general sign pickbag for a store entry.

Lained and Anpu like this.
  8. Nortagems

Nortagems Avatar

Hahaha... This has bugged me in the past. Selling packs of signs by type (wood, steel, etc) seems to make more sense that by topic. But the ability to purchase individual signs would be ideal.

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.