Interface?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConjurerDragon, Dec 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

When I press 0 I get the table of nearby players.

A few minutes ago in Castle Atos a player came and started training skills - yet he did not appear in that list.

Not even after closing and reopening...

[​IMG]

2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Players in PVP mode appear as questions marks in the list.

FBohler and Beaumaris like this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

If you target them by clicking on them, their name shows up in red on that list.

Beaumaris likes this.
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

o. k.
    I understand the reason to want secrecy if a PVP player would be in a PVP-zone or if another PVP player looks at the list.
    But why do they appear to non-PVP-players in a non-PVP zone like that? When there is no PVP why not the normal name in the nearby players?

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

In this game you can pvp anywhere not just in pvp zones. It is just one of those things.

FBohler likes this.
  6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Which is why I did not only mention PVP-specific zones but in addition if the observer is PVP or non-PVP.

When a PVP-Player is in a PVP-zone or if he is in a non-PVP zone but observed by a PVP-Player then I can understand why the PVP-Player is only shown as a ? in the "nearest player"-list.

However if in a non-PVP-Zone and the observer (me) is non-PVP then why hide the name?

7. Virsago2099

Virsago2099 Avatar

Probably for 2 reasons. The first, and most likely, is that it would require additional coding to allow the non-flagged player to see their name which isn't really necessary. But also, if a non-flagged player could see who it was they could tell other players who are flagged exactly who is in the zone and flagged. I don't really see that as much of a problem, and honestly just think it wasn't worth the time it would take to add the code to allow non-flagged players see the name when there's really no benefit to it.

8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

FYI, there is no nearby players list in pvp zones. The nearby player list turns into a pvp leaderboard that shows kills and deaths for the pvp players doing combat with each other.

9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

This and you can easily flag in the devotional if you spot a weaker player in the "Nearby Players" window even before you spotted them, giving you an unfair edge over the opponent.

10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

The game is setup that way so that PVPer's can sneak into other pvper towns with out anyone in that town knowing who they are. if they had it so PVE could see name than those players could inform guild which may have pvpers in it that Xyz is in the area etc... so its designed to protect the pvper's identity until they are encountered. pretty much what the others said haha just read the above comment after I posted lol.

although there are items in limited numbers in the world that allow one to track a player to a zone even if they are hidden, but these were founder items for Knights and higher backers back in the day. its a special tablet that allows you to scribe 1 name every 24h per tablet you own which tells you what zone that scribed player is in .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.